If you HAD to buy a 2024 Minivan…

Started by Tave, February 25, 2024, 11:45:46 PM

Tave

Reset the trip odo after break-in and was averaging 24.8 mixed. Not bad at 2000-3000 vertical ft/day. Lots of bottle-feeding idles for the new baybay too.

That was on Eco. Reset it today on normal to give it a whirl. Throttle tip-in on Eco is frighteningly slow.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

CALL_911

Rented an Odyssey sport this weekend (Avis "mystery car"). I was surprised by how much I liked it, not just the effective use of space, but it wasn't bad to drive either. That J-series V6 is such a gem of an engine. Linear, smooth powerband and sounds pretty good in the bargain. Had no issues with the transmission either (except it would occasionally get confused, but not too far in the weeds). I didn't like the blacked out trim and wheels (felt like it was trying a little hard for a van), but I 100% get the appeal and would not hesitate to buy an Odyssey.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CALL_911 on June 23, 2024, 02:36:17 PMRented an Odyssey sport this weekend

They drive much better than people would think.
Will

SJ_GTI

It's funny I had a conversation with my brother recently regarding his cars. His wife just bought a Lexus CUV and they drove that down to Florida for a family vacation. When he got back he said he preferred their Minivan (Toyota Sienna) for trips...he said it is both more comfortable but also drives better (steering, acceleration, etc...).

Morris Minor

My son & D-i-L ❤️ love ❤️ their Odyssey, so much better for hauling the babies around. The sliding doors alone are golden. 
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Morris Minor on July 15, 2024, 02:23:43 PMMy son & D-i-L ❤️ love ❤️ their Odyssey, so much better for hauling the babies around. The sliding doors alone are golden.

Plus they're probably powered? Love that feature, makes life easier.
Will

Morris Minor

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on July 17, 2024, 04:01:50 PMPlus they're probably powered? Love that feature, makes life easier.
Yes, it's a 2018 EX-L so powered doors.

Morris Minor

Quote from: Morris Minor on July 20, 2024, 06:18:51 AMYes, it's a 2018 EX-L so powered doors.
So I'm in California & took the little girls to the grocery store: rear facing car seats, diaper bag, and a stroller. The Odyssey is wonderful, with a low loading height & huge interior volume... perfect tool for the job. People with young kids need to forget cramped SUVs and buy minivans. You need these things for outings with kids, which are like mountain expeditions.