My most desireable type of classic car.

Started by shp4man, March 14, 2024, 09:08:22 PM

shp4man

Original Old lady owned, low mileage, garaged time capsules. I don't particularly care if they're a desirable coupe or flop top, upscale model or even what make they are.
Occasionally one comes up for sale, usually a relative's death puts them on Craigslist. I'll find a good one one of these days. Like this beautiful '55 Ford:

shp4man

Here's an example currently available: $5K asking price.

That's freaking OE paint and upholstery. No goddam rust! How many '50s rides are cherry? Not many. Wish I had a bunch of cash. I'd be driving this one. A '59 Edsel...LOL.
A conversation piece for sure.

FoMoJo

A great old car, especially if it has the optional FE engine.  Fix it up and it would be worth a lot more than 5K.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

FoMoJo

I have a long list of desirable classic cars, but one I've always really wanted was something like this...

or this...

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MrH

Quote from: shp4man on March 19, 2024, 07:07:10 PMHere's an example currently available: $5K asking price.

That's freaking OE paint and upholstery. No goddam rust! How many '50s rides are cherry? Not many. Wish I had a bunch of cash. I'd be driving this one. A '59 Edsel...LOL.
A conversation piece for sure.

Wow.  That seems like a great deal?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

shp4man

Quote from: MrH on March 20, 2024, 08:05:35 AMWow.  That seems like a great deal?

The radiator and the generator is missing and the rear bumper is laying on the ground underneath the car.
Supposedly it was donated to the San Diego Auto museum and they decided to sell it.