Who will be the first to offer a V-8 RWD sedan

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, February 16, 2006, 08:05:42 PM

Champ

Hyndai

[off topic]
After seeing FBC post a bunch, I must re-itterate my love for the TVR. sexay.
[/off topic]

omicron

Sometime, somewhere, there must be hope for a revitalised mid-engined Honda coupe with the V8 engine it should have always had.

Run Away

QuoteReminds me of another honda fan at C/D. :)

Seriously though, i can't believe you wouldn't like to see a v-8 RWD lux sedan from honda.

350+ HP V-8, well balanced, 6 speed manual. You don't have to be in the segment to appreciate that.
If they made one, I would think it would be nice, but not much else.
I'd never buy a car like that, so the only interest I'd have in something like that is in the possibility of the engine spreading out to some new models that are more my style.(V8 NSX..)

Raza

QuoteSometime, somewhere, there must be hope for a revitalised mid-engined Honda coupe with the V8 engine it should have always had.
I'd rather see the next NSX have a powerful and high revving V6, myself.  V8s are fine and dandy, but I love the sound of a V6.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

NomisR

Saloon wise i think Hyundai will be first in offering one with a V8 before Honda does.  However, with the current climate with hybrid hypes and cries of oil prices, V8s won't necessarily be popular with the general public.  Even if the V8 does get 30 or 40 miles to the gallon, majority of the car buyers (means ignorant) will still think the V8 gets 10 mpg and they're better off with a I4 or V6/I6.  

Most of you also have to consider that majority of the cars sold, if offered with the lower end engine are sold with the weaker engine.  So V8 will not be truly economical for Honda at least.  The only reason for them to actually produce one is to say, "there you go, we have a V8, now STFU".  It's not like they can't either, they've been doing it in F1.. so it's not like they don't have any experience in that area either.  So most likely, they'll produce one for their "halo car" before they do with a Saloon.

RJM

QuoteI'm rooting for them both.? Instead of one good RWD sedan I'd like to see two.?

And Hyundai, build a light pickup truck.? I don't care if it's as crude as a Sportage with a bed, build it!
Competition is a wonderful thing.

And you can bet that if Hyundai decided to build one, it wouldn't be anywhere near as crude as the Sportage.  At the rate they've progressed, it would probably be better than the Ridgeline.
The current vehicle sold under the Sportage name is car-based, a twin of the Hyundai Tucson. Not crude. Do you mean Sorento?
I assumed he was referring to the original Sportage.

Of course, all this competition only benefits we the consumer that much more.

Atomic

honda and acura are doing just fine. thank you!

i did hear that there will soon be a v8 pilot and ridgeline, and likely v8 acura models, but honda's doing just fine w/ the best 4 and 6 cylinder engines  :praise: ! gee! just look at those sales figures!  

TBR

The best 4 and 6 cylinders? I don't think so.