Saxonyron took the plunge on a new ride.

Started by saxonyron, February 18, 2006, 10:02:29 PM

cawimmer430

No problem!? :praise:

Schade dass eine Stossstange von eine Ford Windstar Minivan ist am Recht!

Try this...

Nur schade dass eine Sto?stange von einem Ford Windstar unten im rechten Eck zu sehen ist.

Kein Problem. ;)
Thanks!  Yours sounds much better!  I know enough German to be dangerous   :lol:  I can usually get my point across, but I know there's a better way to say it!  I always appreciate a native translation - some day I'll speak German as well as George Bush speaks English....oh wait, I already do!  :lol:
No problem Ron.  ;)

I hope George Bush's guys aren't monitoring Carspin. You know...

"Sir, we have determined that Carspin.net is a threat to national security, I advise the immediate and silent elimination of all members..."  :P
I'm sorry, but I'd laugh if the U.S. government went after you, Wimmer.  :P
They might even want to hire me because when I speak English, I sound like an American. I could be the perfect "American" living in Germany and spy on them for the US government. Uncle Sam would pay me good.  :lol:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

QuoteClaudia likes Audi's too...SOMETIMES...  :P

Tell her I drive an audi, too.  :praise:
Just what we need: MORE POSERS!  :devil:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ro51092

Quoteand I'll get the TL, and pray that it doesn't have an engine failure :lol:
Are its mechanicals giving you problems as well?
The transmission did, but other than that, the mechanicals have been okay.

TBR

Somehow I don't think you will be a repeat customer :P . I assume you have a lease, how long is it?

ro51092

I don't know why but I agree with you! The lease is up in December

thewizard16

QuoteI don't know why but I agree with you! The lease is up in December
Eh. So you still have most of the year to deal with a car you don't like. That sucks. At least when you replace it you'll know what you don't want, I guess.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

saxonyron

Just returned last night from the ski trip.  Nothing like a road trip to enjoy a new car!  Reports from the road:  The car is an amazing cruiser - had to put it on cruise control so my wife could keep up with the Expedition at 70 or so.  Otherwise, I find myself at...errrrr..... somewhat illegal speeds!  My favorite road up there is West Side Road, in North Conway.  It's a little known bypass road with no traffic, tons of hairpins, sweepers, dips, and amazing views.  It's worth the ride up north just for a couple passes on that run!  :lol:  

I can easily fit 3 of my kids plus my skis (with the pass-thru ski sack) and the little ones' gear in the A4, as long as one of my 4 yr olds sit behind me and I slide the seat up an inch.  They all enjoyed the G-Forces enough so no complaints! We spent a few amazing days at Attitash - a great family mountain.  The twins took to skiing like ducks to water!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

sparkplug

That's fun. When it snowed where we live, we can't ski because we got no mountains. Last time we got snow was 3 years ago. It was a joke. That's SC for you. In fact today it was supposed to be in the upper 70's. Felt like it too. And you went skiing. I'm moving to Artic. :P  

dazzleman

QuoteJust returned last night from the ski trip.  Nothing like a road trip to enjoy a new car!  Reports from the road:  The car is an amazing cruiser - had to put it on cruise control so my wife could keep up with the Expedition at 70 or so.  Otherwise, I find myself at...errrrr..... somewhat illegal speeds!  My favorite road up there is West Side Road, in North Conway.  It's a little known bypass road with no traffic, tons of hairpins, sweepers, dips, and amazing views.  It's worth the ride up north just for a couple passes on that run!  :lol: 

I can easily fit 3 of my kids plus my skis (with the pass-thru ski sack) and the little ones' gear in the A4, as long as one of my 4 yr olds sit behind me and I slide the seat up an inch.  They all enjoyed the G-Forces enough so no complaints! We spent a few amazing days at Attitash - a great family mountain.  The twins took to skiing like ducks to water!

Ron, you should have just told your wife you'd meet her there.  How could you wuss out like that, setting the cruise control at 70, and miss out on such great high-speed driving opportunities?  I really am going to buy you that box of tampons for Christmas, man.  :lol:

Glad to hear you had a fun trip, man.  BTW, the new car looks phenomenal.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

QuoteJust returned last night from the ski trip.  Nothing like a road trip to enjoy a new car!  Reports from the road:  The car is an amazing cruiser - had to put it on cruise control so my wife could keep up with the Expedition at 70 or so.  Otherwise, I find myself at...errrrr..... somewhat illegal speeds!  My favorite road up there is West Side Road, in North Conway.  It's a little known bypass road with no traffic, tons of hairpins, sweepers, dips, and amazing views.  It's worth the ride up north just for a couple passes on that run!  :lol:  

I can easily fit 3 of my kids plus my skis (with the pass-thru ski sack) and the little ones' gear in the A4, as long as one of my 4 yr olds sit behind me and I slide the seat up an inch.  They all enjoyed the G-Forces enough so no complaints! We spent a few amazing days at Attitash - a great family mountain.  The twins took to skiing like ducks to water!

That's what we call a new sig pic!  I'll do some editing down and you can see if you like it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

J86

attitrash!  how was it?- dont see too much snow on the shoulders?

saxonyron

Thanks Raza!  I like the pic, but it's not quite sig-worthy for my erudite tastes!  The wheels need to be turned so the front rim is visible, and my Paint scribbling on the license plate is somewhat less than expert!  I appreciate the help - I don't want to appear ungrateful!  :lol: I'd love to take you up on your assistance again - I gotta get a good pic this week!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quoteattitrash!  how was it?- dont see too much snow on the shoulders?
Heh heh - I've heard you use that term before!  It was actually pretty good.  Monday was powder, Wednesday was powder with some mashed potatos.  Not much natural snow up there, but we got 4" on Thursday PM, so it helped set the mood.  Friday we skied the Crotch with the school group - mashed potatos there, but skiing in the sun with a 55 degree temp is pure heaven!  

Attitash is only a mile from the condo I stayed at, and very kid-friendly, so I find myself there.  There are some great trails there, and for better or worse, I spent 90% of my time on the Green dots and Blue squares with the kids.  

I drove by Wildcat just to check it out, and plan on hitting that next year for sure with the family.  (My favorite hill - hell, I even proposed to my wife on the Gondola up there in a snowstorm a mere 17 years ago!  Isn't that so freaking romantic??  :P  )

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

QuoteRon, you should have just told your wife you'd meet her there.  How could you wuss out like that, setting the cruise control at 70, and miss out on such great high-speed driving opportunities?  I really am going to buy you that box of tampons for Christmas, man.  :lol:

Glad to hear you had a fun trip, man.  BTW, the new car looks phenomenal.
:lol:  :lol:

OK, OK, get me a bra and panties already!  It was almost physically painful to crawl along like that.  I was even being .... gasp.... passed by other cars and even the odd SUV!   :banghead:

Next time...... :ph34r:

:lol:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

J86

Hehe I just rag on it 'cause my friend used to own a house there...that mountain has bested me before  (over on Bear Peak, nasty landing which resulted in a bent ski and torn calf...)

That's badass that you proposed to your wife at Wildcat!  I hope they're in better shape now, they closed down for a coupla days over my winter break due to lack of snow...this has been such a screwy winter- real fun mountain though!

Do your kids ski or ride?

saxonyron

QuoteHehe I just rag on it 'cause my friend used to own a house there...that mountain has bested me before  (over on Bear Peak, nasty landing which resulted in a bent ski and torn calf...)

That's badass that you proposed to your wife at Wildcat!  I hope they're in better shape now, they closed down for a coupla days over my winter break due to lack of snow...this has been such a screwy winter- real fun mountain though!

Do your kids ski or ride?
Bear Peak has some serious slopes, eh? My kids all ski - I refuse to let them ride!   :lol:  :lol:   Actually, they don't really want to.  A couple friends tried it this year, and got beat to hell, and went back to skiing.  That seemed to put the question to rest for them.  We all know that skiing is the only pure sport.  Riding is for degenerate punks like the Flyiing Tomato!  Just kidding - but I did tell the kids to pick one or the other, and if they chose riding, they'd be disowned.   :lol:

Wildcat looked pretty good when I did a drive by.  We definitely won't have much of a spring skiing season though.  Although Waterville is having $1 ski day on April 1st.  I'm planning to hit that, even if I just go up to the Schwendi Hutt and drink all day!!  :rockon:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

QuoteRon, you should have just told your wife you'd meet her there.  How could you wuss out like that, setting the cruise control at 70, and miss out on such great high-speed driving opportunities?  I really am going to buy you that box of tampons for Christmas, man.  :lol:

Glad to hear you had a fun trip, man.  BTW, the new car looks phenomenal.

OK, OK, get me a bra and panties already!  It was almost physically painful to crawl along like that.  I was even being .... gasp.... passed by other cars and even the odd SUV!   :banghead:

Next time...... :ph34r:

:lol:
Dude, I know what you mean about how painful it is to crawl along at slower speeds.  One time, I was one ticket away from losing my license, so I had to crawl along a lot more slowly than I liked until some of my points went off.  Not a lot of fun, but at least I wasn't doing it because I was p-whipped.... :lol:  :rockon:  
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

I know that feeling....I just got my feet back after my ticket a week ago.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sparkplug

QuoteI know that feeling....I just got my feet back after my ticket a week ago.
You got a ticket????? Have you talked about it yet???? Where did you post about it?????

Where have you been lately anyway????

Raza

QuoteI know that feeling....I just got my feet back after my ticket a week ago.
You got a ticket????? Have you talked about it yet???? Where did you post about it?????

Where have you been lately anyway????
I've been busy.

I got my ticket last May.  70 in a 35.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

saxonyron

QuoteDude, I know what you mean about how painful it is to crawl along at slower speeds.  One time, I was one ticket away from losing my license, so I had to crawl along a lot more slowly than I liked until some of my points went off.  Not a lot of fun, but at least I wasn't doing it because I was p-whipped.... :lol:  :rockon:
This is a vignette of my life on the road last week:

Leaving toll booth, A4 driver gives in to hi-RPM temptation. Speedo soon hits 85.  Blue Expedition fades to small dot in rear view mirror.   Cell phone rings.  "Yes dear.....right.....sorry honey.  I'll slow it right down....Yes dear, the kids are all buckled up.....uh huh.....I love you too.  Sorry again about the speeding.....Yes, I understand.....no sex for a month if it happens again....Sofa tonight?.....ummmmm......errrrr.....OK.  I guess so.  Bye for now.  :( "

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

QuoteDude, I know what you mean about how painful it is to crawl along at slower speeds.  One time, I was one ticket away from losing my license, so I had to crawl along a lot more slowly than I liked until some of my points went off.  Not a lot of fun, but at least I wasn't doing it because I was p-whipped.... :lol:  :rockon:
This is a vignette of my life on the road last week:

Leaving toll booth, A4 driver gives in to hi-RPM temptation. Speedo soon hits 85.  Blue Expedition fades to small dot in rear view mirror.   Cell phone rings.  "Yes dear.....right.....sorry honey.  I'll slow it right down....Yes dear, the kids are all buckled up.....uh huh.....I love you too.  Sorry again about the speeding.....Yes, I understand.....no sex for a month if it happens again....Sofa tonight?.....ummmmm......errrrr.....OK.  I guess so.  Bye for now.  :( "

Oh, I bet your wife is a lot cooler than that, Sax.  She probably just wants to be IN the car with you when you do your speeding.  Do that, and you'll get plenty of sex, and you might not even make it home.... :lol:  

omicron

Ever since this topic started, and especially since my visiting cousins hired a new A4 1.8T for the weekend, I want an A4. Even though Audi still cannot quite get their suspension tuning right for Australian roads, and I know a 3-series will handle better, I'd still be happier with an A4. Damn it, the things look too good, and are built too well.  

saxonyron

QuoteEver since this topic started, and especially since my visiting cousins hired a new A4 1.8T for the weekend, I want an A4. Even though Audi still cannot quite get their suspension tuning right for Australian roads, and I know a 3-series will handle better, I'd still be happier with an A4. Damn it, the things look too good, and are built too well.
Sorry about that!  :lol:

Even though I was an Audi fan beforehand, I truly did look into every comparable model.  Now, a few weeks after picking it up, I have absolutely no regrets.  I pass G35's on the road and say "glad I didn't do it" - I would have wicked buyer's regret by now - the styling just doesn't hold water for me.  The A4 looks better and better every day.  

What is it about Australian roads that concerns you?  Too many crocs wandering about??  :lol:  The A4 with sport suspension nails my expectations of a luxury/sport compromise.  Plus, I drive in Boston quite a bit.  The roads are fairly nasty with major potholes and perpetual construction.  The Audi aquits itself very well.  If your concern is that Australian roads are too smooth, then I don't think you'll be disappointed either way.   B)  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

omicron

QuoteEver since this topic started, and especially since my visiting cousins hired a new A4 1.8T for the weekend, I want an A4. Even though Audi still cannot quite get their suspension tuning right for Australian roads, and I know a 3-series will handle better, I'd still be happier with an A4. Damn it, the things look too good, and are built too well.
Sorry about that!  :lol:

Even though I was an Audi fan beforehand, I truly did look into every comparable model.  Now, a few weeks after picking it up, I have absolutely no regrets.  I pass G35's on the road and say "glad I didn't do it" - I would have wicked buyer's regret by now - the styling just doesn't hold water for me.  The A4 looks better and better every day.  

What is it about Australian roads that concerns you?  Too many crocs wandering about??  :lol:  The A4 with sport suspension nails my expectations of a luxury/sport compromise.  Plus, I drive in Boston quite a bit.  The roads are fairly nasty with major potholes and perpetual construction.  The Audi aquits itself very well.  If your concern is that Australian roads are too smooth, then I don't think you'll be disappointed either way.   B)
No, there are a few problems with Australian roads. Many, particularly those of 50mph or greater, are quite undulating and catch out suspensions that are unable to quickly restore normal ride height. When the previous A6 was originally launched in the late 90s, the Australian-delivered suspension had to be changed after a few months because many cars had bottomed out over normal (for Australia) undulating roads. In addition, to use Adelaide as an example, we have no major freeways running through any part of the city, so cars designed with freeway travel in mind aren't the best idea here.
Also, it seems that our roads are made from a coarser bitumen, so road noise is slightly increased.  :(

Audis don't actually handle or ride poorly - it's just that some weren't tuned for our dodgy roads. The new A4 that I rode in had excellent handling, but the many tramlines and poor quality repair jobs on main roads unsettled its ride. In other words, when you get it on a good road it's great - but that doesn't happen as often as it might do in the US.

Hmmm. There's an election coming up.......I wonder who is promising some road upgrades.........

DAMN IT I still want one  :lol:  

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

saxonyron

No comments?
Hell yeah!  Check out near the bottom of page 19 - I thanked you profusely for your efforts, but admitted to not liking the pic enough for a sig - wheels turned wrong way, scribbling on license plate.  I definitely want to get in the Raza line once I get a chance to shoot a decent pic this week, since I have no editing software.  Gimme a chance!!!  :lol:  :rockon:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Raza

No problem, kiddo!  I'm here when you need me.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i