Charger P/P!

Started by mybrid, February 20, 2006, 03:12:47 AM

Atomic

QuoteWow, looks badass.  Thanks.

badass is an understatement, cool cat! now you dudes know why this civilian thinks the charger and magnum squad cars rock! however, i better not see one in my rear view mirror  :rage: !!!  

Atomic

my dream was fulfilled! however, the ride there (no pun intended!) was frightening!

well it all started on a business trip when...

my rental vehicle, a 2006 nissan maxima sl, recently slid on packed snow and ice during a whiteout in a blizzard and down an embankment in a small farming town in upstate ny!!! yikes, i thought ...and it was nighttime, on top of that  :blink: !!! what a terrible nightmare  :ph34r: !

i called "911" on my cell phone and was shortly rescued by an officer in???

you guessed it -- a 2006 charger police cruiser  :clap: !

despite the inconvenience, i was in my glory when i realized that the vehicle had a chrysler hemi v8 underhood!

the kind officer drove me to a safe location miles away from the steep ditch while i awaited the availability of the next busy tow truck. being that the weather was so treacherous, it took hours, but there were no injuries to me and the maxima escaped even the smallest scratch! therefore, i was VERY LUCKY  :thumbsup: !

the man in blue was an enormous mopar fan, too! according to him, it all started when he was first introduced to chrysler-plymouth-dodge and now jeep squad cars and rescue vehicles.

this great dude told me all about past satillite, fury, newport, and polara police cars, amognst many others! cool  B) !!!

Raza

My local constabulary has a Cherokee for poor weather...um...speeding tickets, I assume.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TurboDan

QuoteMy local constabulary has a Cherokee for poor weather...um...speeding tickets, I assume.
Ha.  Manasquan, NJ has a whole fleet of Wranglers along with their CVs.  Not for speeding tix, but for driving on the beach.  It ain't a bad gig.

Tom

In the 80s cops used to get 5sp Mustang GTs.  Pretty cool.  But they were too small and weak apparantly to hold up to cop duties.

Atomic

QuoteMy local constabulary has a Cherokee for poor weather...um...speeding tickets, I assume.
regular cherokee or grand? our local p.d. uses cherokees for k-9 use. our sheriff's dept. uses them as service vehicles. the local park commission utilizes grand cherokees to protect, patrol, and for life and safety. we're starting to see more dodge durangos, too. chevy tahoes are beginning to replace our ford crown vics as state police cruisers. the local univerity purchases explorers. i still love those chargers and magnums that are beginning to pop up everywhere  B) !!!  

Raza

regular cherokee or grand? our local p.d. uses cherokees for k-9 use. our sheriff's dept. uses them as service vehicles. the local park commission utilizes grand cherokees to protect, patrol, and for life and safety. we're starting to see more dodge durangos, too. chevy tahoes are beginning to replace our ford crown vics as state police cruisers. the local univerity purchases explorers. i still love those chargers and magnums that are beginning to pop up everywhere  B) !!!
It's a regular Cherokee.

Ewing, NJ, is starting to use Durangos.  For the most part, back home, my local PDs have Tahoes, CVs (mostly unmarked), an unmarked Grand Marquis, an unmarked Impala LS, and a marked Impala.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Atomic

It's a regular Cherokee.

Ewing, NJ, is starting to use Durangos.  For the most part, back home, my local PDs have Tahoes, CVs (mostly unmarked), an unmarked Grand Marquis, an unmarked Impala LS, and a marked Impala.
wow! grand marquis squad cars?! this must be an affluent community, eh?! the durango police vehicles! are they 2006 models?

Raza

They just have one gold Grand Marquis that's unmarked.  

I saw Ewing's cars back home, which is about 35 minutes from Ewing (and in Pennsylvania) and there was a line with about 5 cars.  3 CVs and 2 new Durangos.  They're the new, ugly, minivan ones.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Atomic

QuoteThey just have one gold Grand Marquis that's unmarked.  

I saw Ewing's cars back home, which is about 35 minutes from Ewing (and in Pennsylvania) and there was a line with about 5 cars.  3 CVs and 2 new Durangos.  They're the new, ugly, minivan ones.
cool  B) !!! however, the new durango has grown on me  :blink: !

mybrid

QuoteAtomic Posted on Feb 26 2006, 02:42 PM

you guessed it -- a 2006 charger police cruiser  !

despite the inconvenience, i was in my glory when i realized that the vehicle had a chrysler hemi v8 underhood!

No pics???  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:   :pullover:  

Great story!  Lucky you!   :clap:  :thumbsup:
:wave:  :wave:  :wave:  
Yield, Follow or get out of the way, cause the Charger P/P is in the rearview![/size][/font]

Atomic

QuoteAtomic Posted on Feb 26 2006, 02:42 PM

you guessed it -- a 2006 charger police cruiser? !

No pics???  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:   :pullover:  

Great story!  Lucky you!   :clap:  :thumbsup:
:wave:  :wave:  :wave:
hey! thanks, man! i miss being a newbie! it wasn't that long ago! welcome, dude  :lol: !!! these guys are awesome! they continue to make this carspin rookie feel welcome  :thumbsup: !!!

i extend my very best, my good man! i'm atomic... in many ways  B) ! lol!

feel free to send me a "pm" anytime!

Atomic

there's a lot of info out there! here is one more  :blink: :

http://www.topspeed.com/news/dodge_charger...ars-ar2161.html

i'll let you search for the rest, unless i see something different out there  :rockon: !

TurboDan

Quotewow! grand marquis squad cars?! this must be an affluent community, eh?! the durango police vehicles! are they 2006 models?
I've seen unmarked Grand Marquis used by NJSP.  They usually put a yellow "Support the Troops" magnet on the trunk to make it look more civilian as well.

Surf City, NJ uses a couple Durangoes as well - mostly for the 4WD capability since they are used on the beach and at the boat ramp.  

But if you want to hear about fancy police vehicles, go to Sea Girt, NJ.  They have a Lexus LX470 in the fleet.  :pullover:   And yes, it's a very affluent community.

dazzleman

But if you want to hear about fancy police vehicles, go to Sea Girt, NJ.  They have a Lexus LX470 in the fleet.  :pullover:   And yes, it's a very affluent community.
Did you ever have the pleasure of getting nailed by a cop in one of those Dan?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Atomic

QuoteWow, looks badass.  Thanks.

catman: do automakers ever sell police performance models to civilians?

Catman

QuoteWow, looks badass.  Thanks.

Not really, but Ford makes a CV sport that is basically a a CVPI.  Only a wannabe would want a CVPI. :P  

Atomic

QuoteWow, looks badass.? Thanks.

Not really, but Ford makes a CV sport that is basically a a CVPI.  Only a wannabe would want a CVPI. :P
the now discontinued mercury marauder, too? hey! that was a pretty nifty car, fmc should've given this vehicle more time, eh?

JYODER240

QuoteWow, looks badass.? Thanks.

the now discontinued mercury marauder, too? hey! that was a pretty nifty car, fmc should've given this vehicle more time, eh?
more power is more like it ;)  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Atomic

i just read in a european mag that the charger squad car will be showing up in great britain!!! wow  :clap: !!!

IrishGuy

The Albany PD has a Magnum. I saw it in the St. Patrick's Day parade this past weekend. It was one of those special units - not a normal PD vehicle. It had LED lights in the front and back window area and a lightbar on top. However it wasn't an LED light bar - go figure. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera on me to snap a pic.

It looked pretty good. I prefer the Charger over the Magnum however.
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited