2007 Ford Focus

Started by Shane, February 22, 2006, 10:44:08 PM

Shane

The new 2007 Ford Focus Coupe-Cabriolet has been green-lighted for production.  It is being introduced at the Geneva Auto Show.  No word yet when coming to US.

thewizard16

Looks very upscale for a Focus. Taillights are odd, but otherwise, looks nice.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

I agree about the taillights, but it's unlikely we'll see this car in the US anytime soon, if ever. Ford doesn't seem to be remotely interested in giving the US a C1 Focus.  

omicron

Lesson to Honda: This is how you design a small convertible.  

TBR

I doubt we'll get this as a Ford, but maybe we will get a Mazda3 version of it.

SJ_GTI

QuoteI doubt we'll get this as a Ford, but maybe we will get a Mazda3 version of it.
Possibly.

Isn't it already coming over as a Volvo though?

Tom

This doesn't look bad.  Reminds me a lot of the A4 convert.

TBR

Don't see any A4 in it, but the rear is clearly 9-3 inspired.

Tom

QuoteDon't see any A4 in it, but the rear is clearly 9-3 inspired.
Look at the front.  Short hood, and short/rounded overhang.  The window trim is VW/Audi looking too.

thewizard16

QuoteDon't see any A4 in it, but the rear is clearly 9-3 inspired.
Look at the front.  Short hood, and short/rounded overhang.  The window trim is VW/Audi looking too.
I don't really see that. The only resemblence with anything that I noticed was that the headlights look very similar to the concept Lexus put out a while ago, the LF-C. Other than that little similarity though, I don't really think it looks much like anything else being made right now any more than any other car does.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Tom

That's a dang similar shape if you ask me.

ifcar

QuoteI doubt we'll get this as a Ford, but maybe we will get a Mazda3 version of it.
Possibly.

Isn't it already coming over as a Volvo though?
Europe is getting two versions.

Raza

I like the 5 door.

I love the 3 door.

I hate this.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Shane

QuoteThis doesn't look bad.  Reminds me a lot of the A4 convert.
I agree....has a bit of A4 essence.  Not a bad car to emulate.  Ford desparately needs a car like this.  They are lacking in the interesting-car-department.

Run Away