Dodge Fire

Started by Ron From Regina, May 19, 2005, 02:10:58 PM

Raghavan

QuoteI'm close to certain that well over 250K CR-Vs have been made since the 03 model year, but your point remains, unless there have been other Ram fire complaints.
The problems were corrected for the '05 model year, correct? That means that the vehicles with the problem were sold for only 2 years which means more than 125,000 CR-Vs would have to be sold both of those for more than 250,000 affected vehicles to be one the road. I really can't imagine that the CR-V sells that well.
I heard nothing about it being corrected for 05, and I believe someone on C/D posted complaints on NHTSA about 05 fires.
Raghavan said several times that Honda has recognized and fixed the problem and I just assumed he was right, but I definitely trust you more than I trust him regarding this type of stuff.
i only said it once, and that's because i read it somewhere, but i'll trust ifcar over this issue.
You might have only said it once, but you implied it multiple times.
i did?

TBR

QuoteI'm close to certain that well over 250K CR-Vs have been made since the 03 model year, but your point remains, unless there have been other Ram fire complaints.
The problems were corrected for the '05 model year, correct? That means that the vehicles with the problem were sold for only 2 years which means more than 125,000 CR-Vs would have to be sold both of those for more than 250,000 affected vehicles to be one the road. I really can't imagine that the CR-V sells that well.
I heard nothing about it being corrected for 05, and I believe someone on C/D posted complaints on NHTSA about 05 fires.
Raghavan said several times that Honda has recognized and fixed the problem and I just assumed he was right, but I definitely trust you more than I trust him regarding this type of stuff.
i only said it once, and that's because i read it somewhere, but i'll trust ifcar over this issue.
i did?
"Honda didn't know that it would catch fire until after the first one did and they found the design flaw. DCX knew this before going into production, and that's why i'm am bitching about DCX."

"at least they've changed the design and is trying to do something now rather than 9 years down the road."

You're right, you never implied it, but you did out right say it twice.

Note- 400th post :)

Raghavan

i did?
"Honda didn't know that it would catch fire until after the first one did and they found the design flaw. DCX knew this before going into production, and that's why i'm am bitching about DCX."

"at least they've changed the design and is trying to do something now rather than 9 years down the road."

in my first quote, i said they found the flaw. in the second, i flat out said they changed it.
and congrats. :praise:  

TBR

i did?

in my first quote, i said they found the flaw. in the second, i flat out said they changed it.
and congrats. :praise:
Everyone has known what the flaw was since the first fires were reported, including Honda's engineers I would assume. But, Honda still hasn't done anything about it.  

ifcar

Someone posted this on C/D, a NHTSA:

Make:  HONDA
Model: CR-V
Type: PASSENGER CAR
Year: 2005
Complaint Number: 10110752
Summary:
OUR 2005 HONDA CRV'S ENGINE CAUGHT ON FIRE APPROIMATELY. 300 MILES AFTER THE FIRST OIL CHANGE. THE DEALER PERFORMED THE OIL CHANGE NOT US. THE DEALER BLAMED IT ON A FAULTY OIL FILTER.*AK

If this is accurate, and there is more than one example of this (only one was posted), the Honda presumably did not fix the problem for 05 CRVs.

TBR

Summary:
OUR 2005 HONDA CRV'S ENGINE CAUGHT ON FIRE APPROIMATELY. 300 MILES AFTER THE FIRST OIL CHANGE. THE DEALER PERFORMED THE OIL CHANGE NOT US. THE DEALER BLAMED IT ON A FAULTY OIL FILTER.*AK

If this is accurate, and there is more than one example of this (only one was posted), the Honda presumably did not fix the problem for 05 CRVs.
Wow, it must suck to be them. I wonder if Honda will ever take responsibility for this problem and do something about it.  

Raghavan

Summary:

Wow, it must suck to be them. I wonder if Honda will ever take responsibility for this problem and do something about it.
probably not. :(  

TBR

Summary:

Changed your mind now have you? ;)  

Raghavan

Summary:

Changed your mind now have you? ;)
after that a complaint, yes.