Tramontana, an Exotic From Sunny Spain

Started by BMWDave, February 25, 2006, 05:16:01 PM

BMWDave

Geneva Preview: Tramontana, an Exotic From Sunny Spain
Date posted: 02-25-2006

COSTA BRAVA, Spain ? Just about exactly one year ago, Inside Line reported on a prototype of the Tramontana that was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show. At this year's event, the production version is set to appear.

A.d. Tramontana is a newcomer on the exotic sports-car scene. It has been developing a quirky two-seater roadster for three years now and recently announced that the production version is ready. It will feature a 5.5-liter, twin-turbocharged V12 engine churning out 720 hp. The ultralow car ? only 47.2 inches tall ? weighs a mere shade over 2,000 pounds and has a length of 192.9 inches. The claimed top speed is 186 mph.

Most of the features on production Tramontanas will be custom suited to the tastes of individual buyers. Prices have not been announced yet.

What this means to you? The super sports-car scene will have one more newcomer, for those who don't want to see themselves coming and going.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

280Z Turbo

I don't like one passenger cars at all. What's the point of having a supercar if you can't scare the crap out of your friends?

CaseyNPham

Try asking Mariah Carey to drive that thing. She looks a lot different from what she did several new years ago.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Raza

QuoteI don't like one passenger cars at all. What's the point of having a supercar if you can't scare the crap out of your friends?
It looks very fighter jet inspired.  As in, I believe that's a second seat behind the driver.

However, it's too big.  I'd rather have an Atom.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

footoflead

QuoteI don't like one passenger cars at all. What's the point of having a supercar if you can't scare the crap out of your friends?
It looks very fighter jet inspired.  As in, I believe that's a second seat behind the driver.

However, it's too big.  I'd rather have an Atom.
Atom > this thing

imo of course
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Fire It Up

That should not be street legal, because it would probably tear your face off.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raza

QuoteThat should not be street legal, because it would probably tear your face off.
It's got a windscreen.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Looks like its got a Mercedes V-12....
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550