2006 Mullen GT - American Supercar

Started by Shane, February 26, 2006, 10:34:23 PM

Shane

Mullen Motor Company

The 2006 Mullen GT Sports Car

A hand built, limited production, high-performance exotic sports car starting under $70,000.    

The GT with its combination of style, handling and performance makes it one of the most outstanding cars produced in the world today. Fitted with the Corvette LS 2 V-8 it has 400HP which takes it from 0-60mph in just over 3 seconds and its top speed is 180mph. The wheel base of the GT is  94" and it weighs approximately 2000 pounds.

The GT can be powered by a variety of engines ranging from in-line 4 cylinders to V-6, rotary or various V-8s. The GT is also

available with a carbon fiber body. This reduces the weight to approximately 1,900 pounds.

THE MULLEN HYBRID LITHIUM POWERED, CARBON FIBER SUPERCAR IS SCHEDULED TO BE UNVEILED AT THE NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW APRIL 14th TO THE 23rd. For more information see Hybrid Technologies Inc. News - headline dated Feb. 13th, 2006 and Hybrid Technologies.com, 'Press Release' article dated Feb. 12, 2006.

www.mullenmotorco.com

Raza

It looks a touch busy, and very "inspired" by other vehicles.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Shane

The Mullen Electric should be a very interesting car.  

Rupert

That's is sure a... unique style there.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

BMWDave

It looks frankly hideous, IMO.  I see a lot of botched Koenigsegg design in there.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

SVT666

Wow.  I'm speechless.  That's one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen.

mazda6er

Yeah, this really looks like something that was dreamt up on a computer and never should have actually been made.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

Yeah, there's just too much going on here.  Cuts and sweeps and vents and intakes...sure it's fast, but other cars are fast too.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

thewizard16

Yeah, there's just too much going on here.  Cuts and sweeps and vents and intakes...sure it's fast, but other cars are fast too.
I imagine fast for the price is what they'll push.  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

Still, if I'm going to spend seventy thousand, I'd want something that doesn't look like an aborted Fiero conversion.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

They should call it the "Mullet".  Hideous.

giant_mtb

Looks like a piece of shit that I ejected from myself yesterday...except red with chrome and plastic.

Shane

I like it....so refreshing in a sea of mediocre, bland cars...it has some character.  I appreciate it for that.  I hope they do well.  You can never have enough small, independent American car makers.  

omicron

Oh they didn't. Please tell me they didn't. Surely no-one would be THAT stupid....

If you rotate the original photo....

Now compare that to this:

If one is going to manufacture a sports car that is supposed to have some credibility, WHY ON EARTH DO YOU USE THE SAME TAIL LIGHTS AS AN OPEL CORSA/HOLDEN BARINA???????????????

This amuses me greatly.  :lol:  

Shane

Like anybody knows about a Euro Opel.  Many small manufacturers have used things like tailights, dashes, engines, door handles etc from other makers to keep costs down.  No different than say, the last generation Dodge Durgano using Dodge Caravan tailights.  This is a small company trying to keep the price of their cars reasonable.

Laconian

QuoteIf one is going to manufacture a sports car that is supposed to have some credibility, WHY ON EARTH DO YOU USE THE SAME TAIL LIGHTS AS AN OPEL CORSA/HOLDEN BARINA???????????????
LOL, that's better than the Morgan Aero 8's Beetle headlights.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT