GTCG 29:

Started by ifcar, May 19, 2005, 03:01:23 PM

BMWDave

QuoteIt must be a suv of some type (the door panels).
But there are speakers behind the seats.
I am not really seeing those. Also, the lack of separate head rests is rather odd. This really doesn't look like a current car. In fact, my best guess is probably the 1st gen Toyota Avalon.
Thats what I guessed.  Look again...there are speakers behind the rear seats.
I saved it to disk and zoomed in on it big time and still don't see anything that is distinctly a speaker. There are little round holes on the outside part of both head rests, but those are the only things I can see back there.  It has to be a Toyota of some type (everything about the design just screams Toyota, from the door panels to the seats).
Look directly behind the hole on the headrest...there is a speaker right behind it.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

I am not really seeing those. Also, the lack of separate head rests is rather odd. This really doesn't look like a current car. In fact, my best guess is probably the 1st gen Toyota Avalon.
I saved it to disk and zoomed in on it big time and still don't see anything that is distinctly a speaker. There are little round holes on the outside part of both head rests, but those are the only things I can see back there.  It has to be a Toyota of some type (everything about the design just screams Toyota, from the door panels to the seats).
Look directly behind the hole on the headrest...there is a speaker right behind it.
I still don't see  a speaker on either side, and after zooming in even more I think the hole is actually the home of a seatback release knob.

BMWDave

I still don't see  a speaker on either side, and after zooming in even more I think the hole is actually the home of a seatback release knob.
behind the whole headrest.

look at this picture:

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

look at this picture:

I don't see the actual speaker there, but after further investigation I do see a little blur that could be an emblem of some type done in a reflective material, much like one you would see on a speaker.  

BMWDave

look at this picture:

I don't see the actual speaker there, but after further investigation I do see a little blur that could be an emblem of some type done in a reflective material, much like one you would see on a speaker.
Are you on a flat screen or a laptop?  if so, then stand up and look at the picture from a higher angle.  To me, I see a speaker clear and plain over there.

2007 Honda S2000

Run Away

BMWDave

it might take some time...but eventually we'll convey to him what were talking about.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

look at this picture:

Are you on a flat screen or a laptop?  if so, then stand up and look at the picture from a higher angle.  To me, I see a speaker clear and plain over there.
No, it's just a regular CRT. Maybe my eyes just aren't very good, but all I see is a large black expanse with a single little silver blur.

BMWDave

look at this picture:

No, it's just a regular CRT. Maybe my eyes just aren't very good, but all I see is a large black expanse with a single little silver blur.
I'm on a flat panel, and I see a speaker really clearly...so maybe your monitor isnt conveying all the colors of the picture.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Wow, you guys have really had some problems with this one. It didn't help that BMWDave couldn't tell the difference between the words "correct" and "incorrect", and told people that it was a current car.  ;)

No one has been correct yet, so I'll drop another hint: it's a sedan. And TBR and Fire It Up were on the right track a while back. Sort of.

BMWDave

QuoteWow, you guys have really had some problems with this one. It didn't help that BMWDave couldn't tell the difference between the words "correct" and "incorrect", and told people that it was a current car.? ;)

No one has been correct yet, so I'll drop another hint: it's a sedan. And TBR and Fire It Up were on the right track a while back. Sort of.
I actually edited my post and said it was a current model ;)

Edit:  Be truthful here...did you edit your post and change it to incorrect from correct?  Because I dont know...last night I'm almost positive I saw correct.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteWow, you guys have really had some problems with this one. It didn't help that BMWDave couldn't tell the difference between the words "correct" and "incorrect", and told people that it was a current car.  ;)

Edit:  Be truthful here...did you edit your post and change it to incorrect from correct?  Because I dont know...last night I'm almost positive I saw correct.

Didn't edit. You gave me quite a scare though, I was thinking something along the lines of "oh, shit, did I really give an inaccurate hint?" :lol:

BTW, are you dyslexic?  <_<  

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteAcura Legend?
I think someone already guessed that, and it's not.  

BMWDave

QuoteWow, you guys have really had some problems with this one. It didn't help that BMWDave couldn't tell the difference between the words "correct" and "incorrect", and told people that it was a current car.? ;)

Didn't edit. You gave me quite a scare though, I was thinking something along the lines of "oh, shit, did I really give an inaccurate hint?" :lol:

No, I honestly thoght I read "correct" there.  I guess not.  I must have read it too quickly.  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteWow, you guys have really had some problems with this one. It didn't help that BMWDave couldn't tell the difference between the words "correct" and "incorrect", and told people that it was a current car.  ;)

No, I honestly thoght I read "correct" there.  I guess not.  I must have read it too quickly.
Everyone's probably had the problem, don't worry about it.

BMWDave

Acura Integra?

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteAcura Integra?
Nope.  

BMWDave

not sure if this was guessed....toyota camry?

2007 Honda S2000

crv16

Is it a car that was sold in the US?
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

ifcar

Not a Camry, but yes, it was sold in the US.  

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

crv16

09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

BMWDave

QuoteSterling 825?
He said it was sold in the US.

2007 Honda S2000

crv16

QuoteSterling 825?
He said it was sold in the US.
It was, back in the late 80s for a few years.

This one has me stumped.  It's very Toyota-ish - 1985-1992 vintage.  
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

FlatBlackCaddy

mazda6er

In my opinion it's definitely a Toyota or Lexus product, because the e-brake is exactly the same as that of my grandma's 1990-ish Camry.  Has ifcar said if its a previous-gen of a current vehicle? Or is the car out of production completely?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

It is a Lexus ES300, correct?

BMWDave

QuoteIt is a Lexus ES300, correct?

I'm not sure about that.

2007 Honda S2000

crv16

I'm 98% certain it's Japanese.  Likely a mid to late 80's or early 90's model.  No american sedan had a center e-brake.  It's not: cressida, camry, avalon, es250, es300, gs, ls, maxima, altima, stanza, nor any infiniti.  Nor mazda 929, millenia.  Nor is it a honda or acura product.

Key clue is the rear seat buckles.  Toyota had a button on the side until the mid 90's, as did most japanese makes.

I'm thinking it's some foreign market sedan that was imported and rebadged - like the cadillac catera or the like.

Any other ideas on what it is, or isn't?
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6