GTCG 29:

Started by ifcar, May 19, 2005, 03:01:23 PM

BMWDave

QuoteI'm 98% certain it's Japanese.  No american sedan had a center e-brake.  It's not: cressida, camry, avalon, es250, es300, gs, ls, maxima, altima, stanza, nor any infiniti.  Nor mazda 929, millenia.  Nor is it a honda or acura product.

Key clue is the rear seat buckles.  Toyota had a button on the side until the mid 90's, as did most japanese makes.

I'm thinking it's some foreign market sedan that was imported and rebadged - like the cadillac catera or the like.

Any other ideas on what it is, or isn't?
what makes you so certain its not an LS?  I personally think its very possible its an LS.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

crv16

QuoteI'm 98% certain it's Japanese.  No american sedan had a center e-brake.  It's not: cressida, camry, avalon, es250, es300, gs, ls, maxima, altima, stanza, nor any infiniti.  Nor mazda 929, millenia.  Nor is it a honda or acura product.

Key clue is the rear seat buckles.  Toyota had a button on the side until the mid 90's, as did most japanese makes.

I'm thinking it's some foreign market sedan that was imported and rebadged - like the cadillac catera or the like.

what makes you so certain its not an LS?  I personally think its very possible its an LS.
The LS has adjustable rear seat head rests - the one in the photo doesn't.

Is it possible it's not a sedan?  Is sure looks like one....  Those things that look like speakers might be mounted on rear shock towers of an SUV?
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

mazda6er

Has anyone considered that it might be an Oldsmobile? I'm just tossing out ideas.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

crv16

QuoteHas anyone considered that it might be an Oldsmobile? I'm just tossing out ideas.
No olds has a center e-brake.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

SargeMonkey

Coralla?(sp?) It also looks like a cavillier, but there something not quite right. I'll stick with the toyta.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

93JC

QuoteEdit:  Be truthful here...did you edit your post and change it to incorrect from correct?  Because I dont know...last night I'm almost positive I saw correct.
Somebody edited it. One of the other mods, perhaps. It absolutely, positively said "Whoever said it was a current model was correct".

Fire It Up

Leather in a Corolla?

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Fire It Up

QuoteEdit:  Be truthful here...did you edit your post and change it to incorrect from correct?  Because I dont know...last night I'm almost positive I saw correct.
Somebody edited it. One of the other mods, perhaps. It absolutely, positively said "Whoever said it was a current model was correct".
Yeah..I'm 110% sure it said it was a current model.

crv16

C'mon Ifcar, we need another hint.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

ifcar

QuoteI'm thinking it's some foreign market sedan that was imported and rebadged - like the cadillac catera or the like.

You're onto something here. So are a few other people, but the correct answer still hasn't been guessed. And the vehicle here isn't in production anymore, but a related vehicle is in another form, and that other vehicle is still sold in the US.

ifcar

QuoteEdit:  Be truthful here...did you edit your post and change it to incorrect from correct?  Because I dont know...last night I'm almost positive I saw correct.
Well, if I did say that, I didn't change it, and I'm terribly sorry if I posted something that wrong.  :(  

FlatBlackCaddy

Fire It Up

ifcar

Not a Contour/Mystique or Catera.  

FlatBlackCaddy

This will go on forever, or atleast up to 10 pages

Fire It Up

Ifcar, if you dont drop another hint, I'll blow up every Sienna I see!  :P  

ifcar

QuoteThis will go on forever, or atleast up to 10 pages
I'd drop hints before that happened.  ;)  

Fire It Up

ifcar

QuoteIfcar, if you dont drop another hint, I'll blow up every Sienna I see!  :P
I just dropped four hints a few posts ago. What are you expecting, the letters of the vehicle name rearranged for you?  :P  

FlatBlackCaddy

Is it a merkur?

crv16

Hmm, weren't there some rebadged mitsubishi's that were sold by one of the Chrysler companies?
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

ifcar

QuoteIs it a merkur?
Nope.  

ifcar

QuoteHmm, weren't there some rebadged mitsubishi's that were sold by one of the Chrysler companies?
The Colt was, and the Stratus/Sebring coupe and the Dodge Avenger were loosely based on the Eclipse.

It's not them though.  

FlatBlackCaddy

ohh for the love of......

is it a Saturn L300

crv16

Is it a 1990 model plus/minus a few years?
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

93JC

Mistubishi Sigma?

ifcar

Quoteohh for the love of......

is it a Saturn L300
Nope.  

ifcar

QuoteMistubishi Sigma?
Nope.  

FlatBlackCaddy

93 might have got it.

ifcar

QuoteIs it a 1990 model plus/minus a few years?
The vehicle pictured is a 1996, but the model was in production for more than one year (obviously).