D-Man's New Ride

Started by dazzleman, March 05, 2006, 05:38:03 AM

Submariner

Quotethe RL also hs SUPER HANDLING awd....cant say the beamer has that.
SOOPUR HANDLING.

Makes it sound faster.  :praise:  
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

DAZZLEMAN SENT ME PICS OF HIS BMW!

HERE IT IS!

Nice car man! But was the badge really worth it?  :lol:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Submariner

QuoteDAZZLEMAN SENT ME PICS OF HIS BMW!

HERE IT IS!

Nice car man! But was the badge really worth it?  :lol:
:lol:  

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

QuoteWell, I'm glad you took all my advice and bought the car you were going to buy anyway.  Always happens like that. 

Make sure you don't accidentally select suicide on iDrive.  They foolishly put it next to the menu for your footwell light intensity and time, which people will use all the time.

And since it is a BMW, I hope it doesn't break down on you.  iDrive will cause the car to do that if it feels you aren't being a big enough asshole to kepe the BMW image alive--the last thing it needs is a polite driver. 

:mellow:
Hah, you're such an abrasive prick, Raza.  Of course, that's why I like you.  :lol:

In any case, I told you back in f&$king December that this was the car I was getting, and now you act as it's a big surprise to you... :P

Your last comment reminds me of a good joke I heard -- What is the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?  With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.  :rockon:
Hehe, just busting your balls a bit.

I got into a tiff today with an asshole in a 5 series.  Almost got myself a ticket too...the cop looked pissed that I noticed him right away.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

QuoteWell, I'm glad you took all my advice and bought the car you were going to buy anyway.  Always happens like that. 

Make sure you don't accidentally select suicide on iDrive.  They foolishly put it next to the menu for your footwell light intensity and time, which people will use all the time.

And since it is a BMW, I hope it doesn't break down on you.  iDrive will cause the car to do that if it feels you aren't being a big enough asshole to kepe the BMW image alive--the last thing it needs is a polite driver. 

:mellow:
Hah, you're such an abrasive prick, Raza.  Of course, that's why I like you.  :lol:

In any case, I told you back in f&$king December that this was the car I was getting, and now you act as it's a big surprise to you... :P

Your last comment reminds me of a good joke I heard -- What is the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?  With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.  :rockon:
Hehe, just busting your balls a bit.

I got into a tiff today with an asshole in a 5 series.  Almost got myself a ticket too...the cop looked pissed that I noticed him right away.
I've seen a lot of pricks in BMW's, myself not included.  <_<  :P  

850CSi

I'm a prick that drives a BMW.

Congrats D-man! Join the club of BMW 3.0 inline-6s.

Wanna race?
I think I might be able to keep up with you - even in a straight line. :devil:

dazzleman

QuoteI'm a prick that drives a BMW.

Wanna race?
Dude, I refuse to believe that you're a prick, whether you drive a BMW or not.  :lol:

Thanks for the good wishes on my new Bimmer.  I had a 2001 530i before I got this one, so this is my second 3.0 inline 6-cylinder engine, though I imagine it's changed a bit since the previous version.

I think you could beat me in a race.  You're 18 and I'm 43, so I've lost my edge.  Guys your age don't have the fear of doing really crazy things that the rest of us develop as we get a little older.  I guess it's called common sense... :rockon:  
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

omicron

QuoteI'm a prick that drives a BMW.

Wanna race?
Dude, I refuse to believe that you're a prick, whether you drive a BMW or not.  :lol:

Thanks for the good wishes on my new Bimmer.  I had a 2001 530i before I got this one, so this is my second 3.0 inline 6-cylinder engine, though I imagine it's changed a bit since the previous version.

I think you could beat me in a race.  You're 18 and I'm 43, so I've lost my edge.  Guys your age don't have the fear of doing really crazy things that the rest of us develop as we get a little older.  I guess it's called common sense... :rockon:
Common.........sense?  :blink:

Raza

The issue is that many kids think that they are invincible.  I'm the only one who is.

:devil:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

QuoteThe issue is that many kids think that they are invincible.  I'm the only one who is.

:devil:
Ugh...clearly i'm more invincible than you are.  :rolleyes:  <_<  

saxonyron

QuoteThanks man.  Now I can forgive you for your heartless earlier comment.... :lol:  :rockon:

BTW, it's interesting that you chose the police siren signal to use on your post about my lack of a digital camera, considering how much you get pulled over... :pullover:  [now it's my turn to bust balls-- only kidding, man].

I wonder if the thread on my car will get to 18 pages as Sax's did.  Of course, Sax is eminently deserving of his popularity here.  I hope I can at least get to two pages.... :P
Thanks for the vote of confidence, D-Man!  :lol:  I'm sure you're thread will eclipse mine - we'll fill pages just trying to find you a  way to post pics!   :P

How's the new ride treating you so far?  Have you made your way around I-drive yet, or is your radio blasting rap at an uncontrollable volume while your AC is cranking at 90,000 BTU's till your knuckles are freezing?  :P   I'm sure it's not as bad as everyone says.  I know whenever I buy a new car, the controls seem a little alien for a few days, then it becomes 2nd nature.  Of course, some technological things, if they weren't designed too brightly, never become 2nd nature.  (A DVD camcorder and a couple answering machines I've owned come to mind.)  

I sure hope you're keeping it well under posted speed limits.  We wouldn't want any run-ins with the boys in blue, right?  I read about your 2nd car curse!   :pullover:  :pullover:  :pullover:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

QuoteThanks for the vote of confidence, D-Man!? :lol:? I'm sure you're thread will eclipse mine - we'll fill pages just trying to find you a? way to post pics!?? :P

How's the new ride treating you so far?? Have you made your way around I-drive yet, or is your radio blasting rap at an uncontrollable volume while your AC is cranking at 90,000 BTU's till your knuckles are freezing?? :P?? I'm sure it's not as bad as everyone says.? I know whenever I buy a new car, the controls seem a little alien for a few days, then it becomes 2nd nature.? Of course, some technological things, if they weren't designed too brightly, never become 2nd nature.? (A DVD camcorder and a couple answering machines I've owned come to mind.)?

I sure hope you're keeping it well under posted speed limits.? We wouldn't want any run-ins with the boys in blue, right?? I read about your 2nd car curse!?? :pullover:? :pullover:? :pullover:
Hey Sax, could you see you back again dude.  How was the trip with your whole brood?  Must have been pretty wild, and hopefully there were no broken bones or anything of that nature.  Did you take you new car along for the trip?

[EDIT - I read in another thread that you took it along, but gave some pansy-ass reason why you couldn't go over 40 mph in it, or some BS like that.  You're so whipped that you better make sure your next f&$king car is a VW Beetle.  A performance car is wasted on you, man.  :lol: ]

Things are going great with the new ride.  I'm doing pretty well with the I-drive.  It's not bad at all if you're used to using a computer, because it's largely the same thing.  It's been simplified from the earlier versions, and now there are 4 choices -- navigation, communication, entertainment and climate.

There are supplemental steering wheel controls for changing radio stations, etc, and the volume control, as well as control for the temperature and fan speed, are on buttons.  I'm having no trouble with it so far.  You're right -- the controls on a new car are always a little alien the first few days, but then you get used to them.

As far as keeping it below posted speed limits -- listen man, you know as well as I do that a new car needs to be driven at varying speeds.  I would be doing irreparable harm to the car if I just kept it at slower speeds.  The dealer told me I have to vary the speed during the break-in period, so to me that means I have to go from 20 mph to 90 mph within short spans of time.  Plus, I have a legitimate medical condition called "disorderus rightus footus" that makes pressing down hard on the accelerator with my right foot something that is uncontrollable.  Next time I get nailed, I'll explain all that to the boys in blue and, if necessary, a judge.  I'm sure they'll accept it and make the necessary allowances for me.  :lol:

It is pretty funny about the second car curse I have.  I only recently realized it, because I had never really looked at it that way.  We'll see if I break the curse with this car.  I doubt it, man, and I almost hope to keep it going.  At least it's predictable.  :pullover:  :pullover:  And if it comes down it it, I think I can handle a ticket -- I'm not exactly inexperienced in that regard.  :lol:

I'm glad you and I have our sweet new cars, so we can finally show up the punks on here like Raza, Matt and Faris.... :lol:  [No offense guys, only kidding].

How are you doing with your new wheels, Sax?  Have you let anybody drive it yet?  Honestly man, you better watch where you leave your keys, since your oldest daughter is just getting near that age...  I heard about somebody recently whose daughter stole her car for a ride in the middle of the night and ended up wrecking it on a nearby highway.  Seriously though, I hope things are going well for you with your new ride, and that you're staying out of trouble in it as best you can so far... :pullover:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

saxonyron

QuoteHey Sax, could you see you back again dude.  How was the trip with your whole brood?  Must have been pretty wild, and hopefully there were no broken bones or anything of that nature.  Did you take you new car along for the trip?

[EDIT - I read in another thread that you took it along, but gave some pansy-ass reason why you couldn't go over 40 mph in it, or some BS like that.  You're so whipped that you better make sure your next f&$king car is a VW Beetle.  A performance car is wasted on you, man.  :lol: ]

Things are going great with the new ride.  I'm doing pretty well with the I-drive.  It's not bad at all if you're used to using a computer, because it's largely the same thing.  It's been simplified from the earlier versions, and now there are 4 choices -- navigation, communication, entertainment and climate.

There are supplemental steering wheel controls for changing radio stations, etc, and the volume control, as well as control for the temperature and fan speed, are on buttons.  I'm having no trouble with it so far.  You're right -- the controls on a new car are always a little alien the first few days, but then you get used to them.

As far as keeping it below posted speed limits -- listen man, you know as well as I do that a new car needs to be driven at varying speeds.  I would be doing irreparable harm to the car if I just kept it at slower speeds.  The dealer told me I have to vary the speed during the break-in period, so to me that means I have to go from 20 mph to 90 mph within short spans of time.  Plus, I have a legitimate medical condition called "disorderus rightus footus" that makes pressing down hard on the accelerator with my right foot something that is uncontrollable.  Next time I get nailed, I'll explain all that to the boys in blue and, if necessary, a judge.  I'm sure they'll accept it and make the necessary allowances for me.  :lol:

It is pretty funny about the second car curse I have.  I only recently realized it, because I had never really looked at it that way.  We'll see if I break the curse with this car.  I doubt it, man, and I almost hope to keep it going.  At least it's predictable.  :pullover:  :pullover:  And if it comes down it it, I think I can handle a ticket -- I'm not exactly inexperienced in that regard.  :lol:

I'm glad you and I have our sweet new cars, so we can finally show up the punks on here like Raza, Matt and Faris.... :lol:  [No offense guys, only kidding].

How are you doing with your new wheels, Sax?  Have you let anybody drive it yet?  Honestly man, you better watch where you leave your keys, since your oldest daughter is just getting near that age...  I heard about somebody recently whose daughter stole her car for a ride in the middle of the night and ended up wrecking it on a nearby highway.  Seriously though, I hope things are going well for you with your new ride, and that you're staying out of trouble in it as best you can so far... :pullover:
Thanks! The trip was great!  For the first time, I was chasing my 6 yr old son down an intermediate trail.   He's been skiing since he was 2 1/2, but only 4 or 5 times a year.  He seems to be a natural, although I freaked him out by accidentally ending up on a black diamond which he refused to attempt.  He opted to de-ski and walk a hundred feet or so down the steepest part!  Was good for his ego, actually!  :lol:  The 4 yr old twins both did  great for their 1st time - they conquered the bunny slope amazingly well, while the older girls honed their intermediate skills.  My wife sat it out for this year - she's planning a triumphant return to the slopes next year (it's been almost a year since she destroyed her knee in a lovely horse accident - doc says give it at least 18 months before stressing it  :rolleyes:  )

Glad to hear your ride is working out great!  The I-drive seems like it's fine - too bad the car mags continue to beat up on it (although nowhere near as bad as they did the 1st gen.)  You better get a note from your doctor re: the Disorderus Rightus Footus.  While you're at it, can you get one for all of us here?  I have a hunch there are many victims on this board!  :lol:

And No!!  I'm not getting a Beetle! I'll continue to be a sport sedan Poser in the finest tradition of P-whipped men everywhere!  B)  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

QuoteThanks! The trip was great!  For the first time, I was chasing my 6 yr old son down an intermediate trail.   He's been skiing since he was 2 1/2, but only 4 or 5 times a year.  He seems to be a natural, although I freaked him out by accidentally ending up on a black diamond which he refused to attempt.  He opted to de-ski and walk a hundred feet or so down the steepest part!  Was good for his ego, actually!  :lol:  The 4 yr old twins both did  great for their 1st time - they conquered the bunny slope amazingly well, while the older girls honed their intermediate skills.  My wife sat it out for this year - she's planning a triumphant return to the slopes next year (it's been almost a year since she destroyed her knee in a lovely horse accident - doc says give it at least 18 months before stressing it  :rolleyes:  )

Glad to hear your ride is working out great!  The I-drive seems like it's fine - too bad the car mags continue to beat up on it (although nowhere near as bad as they did the 1st gen.)  You better get a note from your doctor re: the Disorderus Rightus Footus.  While you're at it, can you get one for all of us here?  I have a hunch there are many victims on this board!  :lol:

And No!!  I'm not getting a Beetle! I'll continue to be a sport sedan Poser in the finest tradition of P-whipped men everywhere!  B)
Hey Sax-man, glad to hear you had such a great trip.  It probably was a good idea for Mrs. Saxony to sit it out this year.  She'll be back and badder than ever next year.

I like your idea about getting a doctor's note for my disorderus rightus footus.  That might save me a lot of trouble in the future.  You guys need to see your own doctors about it, though.  I can't provide those notes for the whole world.. :lol:

I guess you're right about the Beetle -- it's definitely a car for chicks, and not p-whipped men.  The car for p-whipped men is the Volvo, so you need to get one of those.  :rockon:

cawimmer430

QuoteI'm 43
What are you doing driving a BMW? You should be on your second PORSCHE by now!  :lol:  :praise:  

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

QuoteI'm 43
What are you doing driving a BMW? You should be on your second PORSCHE by now!  :lol:  :praise:
Actually, don't a think a Corvette would be better, Wims?   :lol:  

TurboDan

I've officially started my new car search, having finally gotten to test driving the Mercedes C320 coupe that's still available at a local dealer in NJ.  It's not the C230, it's the C320 coupe, which they made for a short time.  Not a bad car at all, though the C230 seems just as potent (I drove one before) and costs alot less.  Oh well.  The good thing is that the dealers are trying to get rid of the few models they still have.

I probably would buy it now, except my life is a bit up in the air.  There are three possibilities of where I may reside a year from now:  one is right here in NYC still, one is in Maryland, and one is in Florida.  All of those locations desire different vehicles, in my opinion.  Come on, you GOTTA have a convertible if you live in FL!  ;)   A slightly used Boxster S would work out perfectly for me.  

Then, there's always the BMW option.  But, eh, a 3-Series is way too much of the stereotypical "young guy's car."  I'd give the 5er a shot, but I'm saving up bigger things right now (law school, real estate).  

Then, there's always the RX-8.  

Ooohhh, decisions, decisions.  It'll sure be horrible having to test drive all of those cars.  :lol:  

Raza

The C320 is a cut rate CLK.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sparkplug

TurboDan. Get the best car you can buy without financing. That's what I believe in. How about one of them Ford Focus's

cawimmer430

QuoteI'm 43
Actually, don't a think a Corvette would be better, Wims?   :lol:
But a Porsche has snob appeal. Think of all the chicks you can get with that thing? Wait...you're not married right?  :lol:  :P  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TurboDan

QuoteTurboDan. Get the best car you can buy without financing. That's what I believe in. How about one of them Ford Focus's
Eh, not to sound like a snob, but I've gotten used to some of the "little things" that make the Euro cars so special.  I don't mind making payments as long as I can easily afford them.  

If I was buying in that segment, though, I would be looking at a Mazda3, most likely.

dazzleman

Bump.

I love reading these old threads.  I had forgotten about the "second car curse" I talked about.  Eight years later, it still holds.

Ron took pictures of the car when we got together in Boston about a month after I got the car, but they're in a different thread.  I have since learned to post pictures online and have acquired a digital camera with Greg's help.

SVT_Power

3 pages and still no pics?!
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on June 29, 2014, 12:42:45 AM
3 pages and still no pics?!

Too late now.  There were pictures in a different thread.  I tried to find that thread but it appears it was deleted when Dan eliminated general talk threads from before 2009.

This thread reminds me of when I first met Ron and Greg in April 2006, about a month after I got my (then) new car.  We went out for a ride and I got it past 90+ with Greg in the car.  He didn't arrest me.  :lol:

It's funny to read my comments on how the 2006 model drove.  In retrospect, I liked the way the 2001 model drove better.

Raza

Are you going to buy a damn car?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

68_427

You're past the break in period.  Time for something new.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on June 29, 2014, 12:07:14 PM
:lol:
I just did!

Oh yeah. I totally forgot. And didn't look at your signature.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  on June 29, 2014, 03:08:08 PM
Oh yeah. I totally forgot. And didn't look at your signature.

You disappoint me terribly, Raza.... :lol: