Finally happened

Started by Champ, March 19, 2006, 06:08:20 PM

J86

Tickets I go with polo & khakis, arrests I go shirt and tie.

dazzleman

QuoteTickets I go with polo & khakis, arrests I go shirt and tie.
I agree.

I don't think a suit and tie is required for a ticket, but you should dress on the high end of casual.  Nice khaki pants, a good pair of shoes, and a shirt with a collar.  And be well-groomed, clean-shaven, etc.

Good luck, man.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Champ

QuoteTickets I go with polo & khakis, arrests I go shirt and tie.
I agree.

I don't think a suit and tie is required for a ticket, but you should dress on the hihg end of casual.  Nice khaki pants, a good pair of shoes, and a shirt with a collar.  And be well-groomed, clean-shaven, etc.

Good luck, man.
This is probably what I'll do, nicer pants akin to dockers, dress shirt with a stiff collar, maybe a fleece pullover (it is chilly in the mornings here in MN), a book, and my sisters iPod :)

I'll update when I get a chance tomorrow.

L. ed foote

Last time I went to court (couple of weeks ago) I wore jeans, sneakers, and a polo shirt.

I was probably the best dressed guy there.

This was in Marathon, NY.
Member, Self Preservation Society

Champ

Colossal waste of time.

Got to court, stood in line for 30 minutes while they were checking everyone in.  I was the 3rd to go, he said I was charged with 85 in a 70, how do you plead.  I said Guilty.  He said were you in the county it says you were in.  I said yes.  He said ok the fine is $142 (price of the original ticket) you can pay outside, next.

Sucks for me, I wasted the 1 hour drive, and missed a morning of work, all for the same result as just paying the ticket.

I won't even begin to start about the people who went in front of me that he let go WAY too easy.

L. ed foote

QuoteColossal waste of time.

Got to court, stood in line for 30 minutes while they were checking everyone in.  I was the 3rd to go, he said I was charged with 85 in a 70, how do you plead.  I said Guilty.  He said were you in the county it says you were in.  I said yes.  He said ok the fine is $142 (price of the original ticket) you can pay outside, next.

Sucks for me, I wasted the 1 hour drive, and missed a morning of work, all for the same result as just paying the ticket.

I won't even begin to start about the people who went in front of me that he let go WAY too easy.
Did they plead guilty or not guilty?

NYS, you meet with the DA or the arresting officer before you go to a judge.  Then you cut a plea with them.

Under no circumstances do I plea "guilty" unless I plea bargain with someone.

That court date I alluded to earlier (Marathon, NY)?  I took off a day from work, went to the town, checked in, met with the DA, struck a plea.

The last time I was hit with an AUO3rd, I was out $490.  This time, because I met with the DA, the charge was reduced, and I have to pay $80.   :praise:  

Run Away

Quotehow do you plead.  I said Guilty.
Oops.

Champ

Quotehow do you plead.  I said Guilty.
Oops.
I asked the lady there (checking people in) and she said if I would have plead not guilty, most likely I would have to get a court date and come back some other time.  She said I would be able to go in front of the judge and discuss the ticket with him.  If I did not guilty I would have to get another date to meet with the DA, which I don't really have the time to do considering the court system is just over an hour away + time off work.

dazzleman

Quotehow do you plead.? I said Guilty.
Oops.
I asked the lady there (checking people in) and she said if I would have plead not guilty, most likely I would have to get a court date and come back some other time.  She said I would be able to go in front of the judge and discuss the ticket with him.  If I did not guilty I would have to get another date to meet with the DA, which I don't really have the time to do considering the court system is just over an hour away + time off work.
I second what Foote said.  You should never admit guilt without a deal in hand.  Once you say guilty, you're at their mercy.  If they think you might take it to trial, they're more likely to offer you a sweetheart deal to admit guilt and go home.

Live and learn.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

L. ed foote

QuoteI asked the lady there (checking people in) and she said if I would have plead not guilty, most likely I would have to get a court date and come back some other time.  She said I would be able to go in front of the judge and discuss the ticket with him.  If I did not guilty I would have to get another date to meet with the DA, which I don't really have the time to do considering the court system is just over an hour away + time off work.
Which is why you mail in the not guilty plea.

1st time's the arraignment, the second time's the trial.

Mail in the NG plea, you have from the date the court receives your plea to trial date to get your deal.

Champ

QuoteI asked the lady there (checking people in) and she said if I would have plead not guilty, most likely I would have to get a court date and come back some other time.  She said I would be able to go in front of the judge and discuss the ticket with him.  If I did not guilty I would have to get another date to meet with the DA, which I don't really have the time to do considering the court system is just over an hour away + time off work.
Which is why you mail in the not guilty plea.

1st time's the arraignment, the second time's the trial.

Mail in the NG plea, you have from the date the court receives your plea to trial date to get your deal.
AHHHH this is why I posted this earlier so you were supposed to tell me that before I did this stupid crap!

I blame you!   :P  

sparkplug

My brother got a ticket yesterday for going around 55 in 35. He didn't charge any points, I reckon, the speed changed going downhill to 35 and he was hauling some lumber and other building materials with a trailer. It's hard to slow a double axle trailer when it's loaded and the trailer has no brakes, especially downhill.

dazzleman

QuoteMy brother got a ticket yesterday for going around 55 in 35. He didn't charge any points, I reckon, the speed changed going downhill to 35 and he was hauling some lumber and other building materials with a trailer. It's hard to slow a double axle trailer when it's loaded and the trailer has no brakes, especially downhill.
So you're the black sheep of the family who hasn't followed in the footsteps of your dad and brother and gotten copious tickets?  :lol:  

sparkplug

QuoteMy brother got a ticket yesterday for going around 55 in 35. He didn't charge any points, I reckon, the speed changed going downhill to 35 and he was hauling some lumber and other building materials with a trailer. It's hard to slow a double axle trailer when it's loaded and the trailer has no brakes, especially downhill.
So you're the black sheep of the family who hasn't followed in the footsteps of your dad and brother and gotten copious tickets?  :lol:
My mother has never got a ticket either. Just following her good example.

Run Away

So you drive like a woman?  :devil:

That's not good.

280Z Turbo

That's not good.
Obviously not, or else he would have tickets for causing fender benders.

Raghavan

That's not good.
Obviously not, or else he would have tickets for causing fender benders.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

L. ed foote

That's not good.
Depends; is she from Pasadena?  

sparkplug

That's not good.
Pasadena????

L. ed foote

That's not good.
Pasadena????
I'm sure you've heard of "The Little Old Lady From Pasadena"

If not, brush up on your Beach Boys  :lol:

dazzleman

That's not good.
Pasadena????
I'm sure you've heard of "The Little Old Lady From Pasadena"

If not, brush up on your Beach Boys  :lol:
It's the little old lady from Pasadena

The little old lady from Pasadena
Go granny, go granny, go granny go
Has a pretty little flower bed of white gardenias
But parked in her rickety old garage
Is a brand new shiny red Super Stock Dodge

And everybody's saying that there's nobody meaner
Than the little old lady from Pasadena
She drives real fast and she drives real hard
She's the terror of Colorado Boulevard

If you see her on the street don't try to choose her
You might drive a goer but you'll never lose her
Well, she's gonna get a ticket now sooner or later
'Cause she can't keep her foot off the accelerator

She's a terror out on Colorado Boulevard

~Instrumental~
~Instrumental~
The guys come to race her from miles around
But she'll give 'em a length then she'll shut 'em down

She's a terror out on Colorado Boulevard

Granny go
Granny go
Granny go
Granny go