Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on December 29, 2012, 03:30:23 PM
Don't sweat it.  They mailed it to you, and I'm sure it wasn't certified mail.  I got one last year in Switzerland, and I don't plan on paying it. It arrived a month after I got home, and came directly from the police, first class mail. Pay a mailed-in overseas ticket?? That would be totally lame.  And  next time I'm in Switzerland, imagine the amazing life experience I'd gain if I got arrested by the Schweizer Cops.  A night in a Swiss jail would probably be as luxurious as the average Hilton.  Cell service with wine and cheese pairings, large-breasted blond guards named Helga to administer corporal punishment.  Yeah, I'll take my chances.

Ron, you're making the prospect of getting thrown in a Swiss jail so.......appealing..... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

S204STi

Quote from: dazzleman on December 31, 2012, 06:34:44 AM
Ron, you're making the prospect of getting thrown in a Swiss jail so.......appealing..... :lol:

+1

I want to meet this Helga person.

saxonyron

Dodged another one today.  55 in a 40.  The LEO was very friendly and responded well to my crying and not-so-subtle flash of cleavage.  Verbal warning, FTW!   :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

bing_oh

Quote from: saxonyron on January 03, 2013, 09:25:33 AMDodged another one today.  55 in a 40.  The LEO was very friendly and responded well to my crying and not-so-subtle flash of cleavage.  Verbal warning, FTW!   :lol:

One of my pet peeves is when people try the waterworks to get out of a ticket...it makes it an instant cite. Funny thing is, I've actually had guys try crying on traffic stops to get out of tickets. It worked about as well as when women do it (ie, it didn't).

saxonyron

Quote from: bing_oh on January 03, 2013, 09:33:40 AM
One of my pet peeves is when people try the waterworks to get out of a ticket...it makes it an instant cite. Funny thing is, I've actually had guys try crying on traffic stops to get out of tickets. It worked about as well as when women do it (ie, it didn't).

LOL at guys crying.  But seriously, how about a good flash of cleavage?? Uh, lady cleavage, that is. If it wasn't too serious an infraction, boobies might just tip the scale for me. 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

bing_oh

Quote from: saxonyron on January 03, 2013, 09:43:08 AMLOL at guys crying.  But seriously, how about a good flash of cleavage?? Uh, lady cleavage, that is. If it wasn't too serious an infraction, boobies might just tip the scale for me.

Nah. I can't stand when people try to manipulate me and showing a little cleavage is just manipulation. That's why women who start crying on traffic stops always get tickets. I know too many women who can turn on the waterworks with the snap of a finger and who gloat afterwards if they get away with a warning. My first Field Training Officer told me a rule about women and traffic stops...the pretty ones always get tickets. Then they can't claim that they got away with one because of their looks or some kind of sexual manipulation.

I'm much more likely to give someone a warning who's honest about the violation and sincere about apologizing for it. It won't work every time, but it's much more likely to get a warning from me than crying or making excuses.

CALL_911

So when's that A6 getting traded for an S5?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

saxonyron

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 03, 2013, 03:01:35 PM
So when's that A6 getting traded for an S5?

:lol:  Funny you should say that.  I've got 135,000 miles on my baby and have had it for 5 years.  The first "big" repair bill just came yesterday, but I can't complain at all.  The driver's side ball joint and tie rod end needed a swap, plus rear brakes were zeroed out.  That came to $1,700.  The front end is 100% original, so it's awesome it lasted this long, especially the way certain people drive.... I usually trade/sell at 100k miles, but it's been  such a trouble-free ownership, I can't bear to sell it.  I'm considering handing it off to my girls and grabbing a CPO A6 or maybe S5.  The search has just commenced. I had a 2012 A6 loaner when I was in for service, and let me tell you, that car is freaking amazing.  The S5 temptation would be if I could find a manual, but they're pretty rare.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: dazzleman on December 23, 2012, 07:53:20 AM
Average speed coming home from Boston was 83.2 mph.  It was 84.5 before I hit the last leg of the trip on the Wilbur Cross/Merritt Parkway, which is narrower and curvier and doesn't allow for the same speed.  I lost 2 mph off my average just from stopping to pay the toll when I was getting off the Mass Pike.... :rage:

I saw one cop the entire way, on the other side of the Mass Pike just as I was exiting.  Home free again.

Impossible! There is no possible way you drove faster than I did in Mississippi where I achieved my personal best of an average of 78 MPH, according to my trip computer. I even reset my trip computer when I was on the highway as I entered the state to get rid of a few bad numerators (I knew Mississippi was a speeding gold mine if you don't get caught). I hit 132 during this time. I set my cruise control in the triple digit range.

I'm flabbergasted. Either my infrequent stops where a minute or two of sub 20 and some time at 0 MPH at stop lights or gas stations killed my average, or you hauled somer absolutely serious ass on your way home.

Rupert

He took the average starting when he hit 85 and ending a mile from his exit.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: bing_oh on January 03, 2013, 11:20:15 AM
Nah. I can't stand when people try to manipulate me and showing a little cleavage is just manipulation. That's why women who start crying on traffic stops always get tickets. I know too many women who can turn on the waterworks with the snap of a finger and who gloat afterwards if they get away with a warning. My first Field Training Officer told me a rule about women and traffic stops...the pretty ones always get tickets. Then they can't claim that they got away with one because of their looks or some kind of sexual manipulation.

I'm much more likely to give someone a warning who's honest about the violation and sincere about apologizing for it. It won't work every time, but it's much more likely to get a warning from me than crying or making excuses.

Cleavage, of course not.

A blowjob, on the other hand...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on January 03, 2013, 09:25:33 AM

Dodged another one today.  55 in a 40.  The LEO was very friendly and responded well to my crying and not-so-subtle flash of cleavage.  Verbal warning, FTW!   :lol:

You must give a great BJ to get out of this many tickets..... :devil:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on January 05, 2013, 10:15:43 AM
You must give a great BJ to get out of this many tickets..... :devil:

:evildude:  I don't need to stoop so low.  It's my naturally charming personality that closes the deal before I finish handing him my registration. 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on January 05, 2013, 12:30:08 PM
:evildude:  I don't need to stoop so low.  It's my naturally charming personality that closes the deal before I finish handing him my registration.

I don't believe you.  A charming personality will only carry you so far.  To get out of THAT many tickets, you need to be delivering something much more substantive...... :devil:

Rupert

Quote from: saxonyron on January 05, 2013, 12:30:08 PM
:evildude:  I don't need to stoop so low.  It's my naturally charming personality that closes the deal before I finish handling him my registration.

FTFY.

saxonyron

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on January 05, 2013, 07:05:38 PM
:lol:  You won't find any knee pads in my car. :nono:

You've been doing this so long you don't need knee pads anymore.

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on January 05, 2013, 07:38:07 PM
You've been doing this so long you don't need knee pads anymore.

You know, I didn't even mention that on New Year's Day I got pulled over by a very bored country cop while I was driving my whole herd up to brunch a couple towns over.  My Yukon's front plate had been pinched for a 2nd time, and he felt that it was necessary to remind me of that fact.  I'm not convinced the plate was stolen, but this is the 2nd time it's disappeared.  Maybe it fell off? I had the dealer install it with a new bracket and all the right nuts and bolts a year ago. Anyway, the cop ran all my data and decided that I wasn't a terrorist, so he let me go.  With a warning, as usual. The new plate should be in the mail this week.  :ohyeah:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

bing_oh

Quote from: saxonyron on January 05, 2013, 12:30:08 PM:evildude:  I don't need to stoop so low.  It's my naturally charming personality that closes the deal before I finish handing him my registration.

Dude, come on through my town. I'll break that nasty streak of warnings for ya. If you ask nice, I might even find an offense worthy of incarceration. :devil:

saxonyron

Quote from: bing_oh on January 06, 2013, 09:02:38 PM
Dude, come on through my town. I'll break that nasty streak of warnings for ya. If you ask nice, I might even find an offense worthy of incarceration. :devil:

But you'd have to catch me first!  As for incarceration, that only would interest me in Switzerland, where they know how to treat a prisoner right!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

S204STi

LOL camera ticket.  11 over, and only a $40 fine, no points. Still annoying.  Apparently I was doing 46 in a 35.  Must've been in a hurry...

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on January 07, 2013, 09:49:41 AM
LOL camera ticket.  11 over, and only a $40 fine, no points. Still annoying.  Apparently I was doing 46 in a 35.  Must've been in a hurry...

:lol:  That's a total fucking joke.

280Z Turbo

S204STi

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 12, 2013, 09:24:29 PM
$40? That's almost worth it.

Next time I'll flip the camera off as I pass and see what happens...

dazzleman

Colonel Cadillac

I got my driving record sent to me from the CT DMV.

"No Violations on Record"
Total points: 000

:praise:

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on January 13, 2013, 01:38:06 PM
I got my driving record sent to me from the CT DMV.

"No Violations on Record"
Total points: 000

:praise:

:rockon:
Good to hear.  I think more often than not, out of state tickets don't transfer.  Nice.

J86

Yeah, I had to pull my record as part of applying to teh bar.  Showed zero tickets, which I know to be false :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on January 13, 2013, 01:43:04 PM
Yeah, I had to pull my record as part of applying to teh bar.  Showed zero tickets, which I know to be false :lol:

How bad would your record have to be to derail your bid to be admitted to the bar?

J86

i have no idea.  multiple vehicular manslaughters and duis, high speed chases, etc?  I know for a fact multiple DUIs won't necessarily pose a problem (I have friends who were admitted even with prior duis on their records.)