Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

TurboDan

Quote from: J86 on January 13, 2013, 01:46:47 PM
i have no idea.  multiple vehicular manslaughters and duis, high speed chases, etc?  I know for a fact multiple DUIs won't necessarily pose a problem (I have friends who were admitted even with prior duis on their records.) 

This particular lawyer was driving home from the Ocean County Bar Association awards ceremony when he hatched this genius scheme after running somebody over while drunk:

http://tomsriver.patch.com/articles/six-years-for-koufos

J86

bing_oh

Quote from: TurboDan on January 13, 2013, 10:56:04 PMThis particular lawyer was driving home from the Ocean County Bar Association awards ceremony when he hatched this genius scheme after running somebody over while drunk:

http://tomsriver.patch.com/articles/six-years-for-koufos

Clearly a douchebag. Plus, how the hell do you get somebody to take the rap for something like that? I mean, I've had idiots try to take the rap for their buddies for things like DUI (which is monumentally stupid), but a felony hit and run? Wow.

Raza

Quote from: saxonyron on January 06, 2013, 07:54:07 PM
You know, I didn't even mention that on New Year's Day I got pulled over by a very bored country cop while I was driving my whole herd up to brunch a couple towns over.  My Yukon's front plate had been pinched for a 2nd time, and he felt that it was necessary to remind me of that fact.  I'm not convinced the plate was stolen, but this is the 2nd time it's disappeared.  Maybe it fell off? I had the dealer install it with a new bracket and all the right nuts and bolts a year ago. Anyway, the cop ran all my data and decided that I wasn't a terrorist, so he let me go.  With a warning, as usual. The new plate should be in the mail this week.  :ohyeah:

My plate was about to fall off a few months ago.  Went to a hardware store, got some screws that fit, and put three in with Loctite.  The fourth screw just couldn't find the threads.  But, three with Loctite, that plate's not going anywhere. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

saxonyron

Quote from: Raza  on January 14, 2013, 12:58:47 PM
My plate was about to fall off a few months ago.  Went to a hardware store, got some screws that fit, and put three in with Loctite.  The fourth screw just couldn't find the threads.  But, three with Loctite, that plate's not going anywhere. 

I'm definitely Loctiting when I get my new plate.  It's a royal PITA to have to deal with this.  It definitely won't fall off, and if someone is stealing it, it'll at least slow them down. 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: saxonyron on January 14, 2013, 04:27:33 PM
I'm definitely Loctiting when I get my new plate.  It's a royal PITA to have to deal with this.  It definitely won't fall off, and if someone is stealing it, it'll at least slow them down.

Can you send me that Loctite when ur done? I need to keep the Harley from falling apart. Thanks.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

J86

Quote from: bing_oh on January 14, 2013, 08:52:50 AM
Clearly a douchebag. Plus, how the hell do you get somebody to take the rap for something like that? I mean, I've had idiots try to take the rap for their buddies for things like DUI (which is monumentally stupid), but a felony hit and run? Wow.

Yeah was wondering that as well.  Dude mustha been reeeeeeal hard up for cash!

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: dazzleman on January 13, 2013, 01:42:10 PM
:rockon:
Good to hear.  I think more often than not, out of state tickets don't transfer.  Nice.

Clearly not! I think my car insurance negotiation will work out well (whenever I get around to it).

MexicoCityM3

I've been very lucky lately. Every time I go to visit my GF in Leon (250 miles away) every federal I see is otherwise busy.

I've been averaging about 90mph for the full 2:25 hrs trip including toll booths and some traffic.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

CALL_911

Quote from: Raza  on January 14, 2013, 12:58:47 PM

But you live in PA....?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Raza

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 14, 2013, 06:20:54 PM
But you live in PA....?

Yeah, we still have license plates though.  My plate was about to fall off.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

saxonyron

Quote from: Raza  on January 15, 2013, 08:33:46 AM

I thought you guys spray painted your registration number on the hood and trunk.  :huh:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 14, 2013, 04:33:19 PM
Can you send me that Loctite when ur done? I need to keep the Harley from falling apart. Thanks.

No problem.  Plus a roll of Nashua 357 Duct Tape.  That's the true "Hundred Mile an Hour" tape.  You'll need that.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

CALL_911

Quote from: Raza  on January 15, 2013, 08:33:46 AM

PA doesn't require a front plate, though....?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Raza

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 15, 2013, 12:46:57 PM
PA doesn't require a front plate, though....?

No, no front plate.  But I still have a plate.  One plate.  At the back.  And it was about to fall off. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CALL_911

Quote from: Raza  on January 15, 2013, 01:01:39 PM
No, no front plate.  But I still have a plate.  One plate.  At the back.  And it was about to fall off.

Ooooooh, I thought you were talking about the front plate.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Raza

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 15, 2013, 01:08:26 PM
Ooooooh, I thought you were talking about the front plate.

Nope.  I don't have a front plate.  I live in PA.

:lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CALL_911

Quote from: Raza  on January 15, 2013, 01:24:52 PM
Nope.  I don't have a front plate.  I live in PA.

:lol:

I bought my car in PA, which still doesn't have a front plate on it.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TurboDan

Quote from: J86 on January 14, 2013, 06:02:59 PM
Yeah was wondering that as well.  Dude mustha been reeeeeeal hard up for cash!

The off-the-record story was that the attorney and the "employee who took the rap" were childhood friends. One became a hotshot lawyer, one was a loser who lived in a crappy borderline-section-8 apartment complex. Brick Township, NJ is a weird place. We have $15 million mansions and we have $50K flop houses that are rented out to the state. Shit like this happens.

Employee took the rap to protect his lifelong friend.

Ironically, the lawyer in this whole thing made the almost comically dumb decision of parking his dented car LITERALLY IN FRONT OF THE ISLAND POLICE SUBSTATION.  :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: TurboDan on January 17, 2013, 01:39:49 AM
The off-the-record story was that the attorney and the "employee who took the rap" were childhood friends. One became a hotshot lawyer, one was a loser who lived in a crappy borderline-section-8 apartment complex. Brick Township, NJ is a weird place. We have $15 million mansions and we have $50K flop houses that are rented out to the state. Shit like this happens.

Employee took the rap to protect his lifelong friend.

Ironically, the lawyer in this whole thing made the almost comically dumb decision of parking his dented car LITERALLY IN FRONT OF THE ISLAND POLICE SUBSTATION.  :lol:

Taking the rap for a buddy is a time-honored tradition.  I might do it for a really good friend if the rap were minor.  But something more serious -- no way.

That sort of thing probably happens a lot more in school than in real life.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Morris Minor

Quote from: saxonyron on January 06, 2013, 07:54:07 PM
You know, I didn't even mention that on New Year's Day I got pulled over by a very bored country cop while I was driving my whole herd up to brunch a couple towns over.  My Yukon's front plate had been pinched for a 2nd time, and he felt that it was necessary to remind me of that fact.  I'm not convinced the plate was stolen, but this is the 2nd time it's disappeared.  Maybe it fell off? I had the dealer install it with a new bracket and all the right nuts and bolts a year ago. Anyway, the cop ran all my data and decided that I wasn't a terrorist, so he let me go.  With a warning, as usual. The new plate should be in the mail this week.  :ohyeah:

Pardon my naivete, what what's the value in stealing a plate? The melt value of the aluminum? Use it to throw LEOs off the scent if you rob a bank?

It takes 10 seconds to check whether a car matches its plate. Or does one only steal plates off cars that are identical makes/models to your own?
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Colonel Cadillac

I knew a guy in New Orleans who bought a car, but then didn't want to pay the $100 or whatever it was to register it and get plates, so he stole some plates instead. At some point he went off the grid, aka went to jail because he was caught with stolen plates.

He also isn't sure if he fathered two children, and actively makes sure he never finds out.

What a irresponsible dumbass :facepalm:

S204STi

So according to a Canadian who lives here year round and manages a rental property here for her parents, she's gotten out of several tickets just by bribing the traffic cops. :lol:

Lebowski

I got a goddamned red light camera ticket in the mail today. It was a right turn on red, and I came to a rolling stop (no traffic, perfectly safe). There was video and I logged in and viewed, I definitely did not come to a complete stop.

This is bullshit.

GoCougs

Quote from: Lebowski on February 07, 2013, 12:02:52 PM
I got a goddamned red light camera ticket in the mail today. It was a right turn on red, and I came to a rolling stop (no traffic, perfectly safe). There was video and I logged in and viewed, I definitely did not come to a complete stop.

This is bullshit.

Hide License Plate by switch/remote (car or bike) On Sale @: 007LicensePlate.com

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CALL_911

I win. Got a fucking parking ticket yesterday morning.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Cookie Monster

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 07, 2013, 05:32:25 PM
I win. Got a fucking parking ticket yesterday morning.

Those pussy tickets don't count.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

dazzleman

Quote from: Lebowski on February 07, 2013, 12:02:52 PM

This is bullshit.

What a lame citation.  Nowhere near as much fun as a high speed speeding ticket.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

hotrodalex

Quote from: Laconian on February 07, 2013, 05:25:07 PM
Man, that's dopey. Electrochromic would be 1000x better, and practically instant too.

They have a spray paint that reflects bright light, like camera flashes.