Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

TurboDan

The boys in blue are out in force tonight around here. I'm sure they're expecting a good dose of Cinco De Drinko "clients" this evening.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Laconian on April 24, 2013, 08:39:40 PM
Who speeds for rational reasons? Its just fun to do.

I do when I'm driving anything more than a couple of hours...
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on May 08, 2013, 06:44:30 AM
I do when I'm driving anything more than a couple of hours...

How did you resolve the ticket you got coming down to the auto show?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on May 08, 2013, 03:48:48 PM
How did you resolve the ticket you got coming down to the auto show?

Got a letter back from the DA's office offering me to plead guilty to VTL 1175 - Obstructed traffic at intersection.

So I googled this to see how this would be interpreted in Ontario and apparently someone else had the same offer and when they contacted the ministry here to inquire about it, they were told that VTL 1175 has no equivalent in Ontario and thus would not transfer over onto the Ontario driver's record.

Ie. I might be just getting away with a fine :praise:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on May 08, 2013, 04:38:47 PM
Got a letter back from the DA's office offering me to plead guilty to VTL 1175 - Obstructed traffic at intersection.

So I googled this to see how this would be interpreted in Ontario and apparently someone else had the same offer and when they contacted the ministry here to inquire about it, they were told that VTL 1175 has no equivalent in Ontario and thus would not transfer over onto the Ontario driver's record.

Ie. I might be just getting away with a fine :praise:

:rockon:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

SVT_Power

Just gotta sign this form and mail it back to the court

TurboDan

Ahh, obstructing traffic. That's usually a points-less summons here in the US that is often used in lieu of a speeding ticket.

The other popular one is "obstruction of view," meaning you have something blocking your window (equipment violation). I once was let off on a speeding rap with one of those. $54 fine and home free! Although he gave me that ticket at the scene, I didn't have to deal with the court/DA.

dazzleman

Quote from: TurboDan on May 08, 2013, 09:28:19 PM
Ahh, obstructing traffic. That's usually a points-less summons here in the US that is often used in lieu of a speeding ticket.

The other popular one is "obstruction of view," meaning you have something blocking your window (equipment violation). I once was let off on a speeding rap with one of those. $54 fine and home free! Although he gave me that ticket at the scene, I didn't have to deal with the court/DA.

Good outcome.   I've also heard of seat belt tickets being used in lieu of a speeding ticket.

TurboDan

Quote from: dazzleman on May 09, 2013, 06:57:10 PM
Good outcome.   I've also heard of seat belt tickets being used in lieu of a speeding ticket.

Cell phone tickets too. Was once a passenger when a friend got one of those instead of a speeding ticket.

In New Jersey, speeding ticket revenue goes mainly to the state, while equipment and non-moving-violation revenue goes to the local town. It's not uncommon for towns to pressure their police departments to "cut people a break" so the money can stay at home.

J86

Near miss this evening.  Glad I got stopped by a friendly guy!  Trailering my new (to me) boat home.  Made it 2.5 hrs, was 3 miles from home and got pulled over 'cause the registration on teh trailer is nonexistent.  Fortunately he just ran my license to make sure I wasn't an axe murderer, looked at the title and bill of sale, and reminded me to get the thing registered.

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on May 17, 2013, 08:11:33 PM
Near miss this evening.  Glad I got stopped by a friendly guy!  Trailering my new (to me) boat home.  Made it 2.5 hrs, was 3 miles from home and got pulled over 'cause the registration on teh trailer is nonexistent.  Fortunately he just ran my license to make sure I wasn't an axe murderer, looked at the title and bill of sale, and reminded me to get the thing registered.

You have 9 lives when it comes to getting out of tickets.  That would have been a pretty lame one, anyway.  Why waste your chits on a ticket that's no fun getting.

J86

Wouldha been plenty of fun, not every day I get a "new" boat!

dazzleman

S204STi

I'll be working on it this weekend; latenight run to Steamboat Springs should yield some good top speeds.

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on May 22, 2013, 09:53:33 PM
I'll be working on it this weekend; latenight run to Steamboat Springs should yield some good top speeds.

You're overdue.

dazzleman

S204STi

Just had a near-miss. Radar detection FTW.

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on May 25, 2013, 10:46:22 PM
Just had a near-miss. Radar detection FTW.

How fast were you going?

TurboDan

Quote from: J86 on May 17, 2013, 08:11:33 PM

FWIW, I wonder what the "proper" procedure would've been for this. If you buy a boat out of state, it's always going to be unregistered at some point because you can't register it in your home state until you have the title and such. I guess technically you'd have to get the title, drive back to your home state to register it, then drive back out of state and drive it back home. But I doubt anybody does that.

Rupert

In ID, when you sell a car, you keep the plates. So when you buy a car, you have a car without any plates on it that you have to get home. I've never figured out what the state wants you to do about that, but I bet car thieves love it.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Rupert on May 26, 2013, 11:01:18 AM
In ID, when you sell a car, you keep the plates. So when you buy a car, you have a car without any plates on it that you have to get home. I've never figured out what the state wants you to do about that, but I bet car thieves love it.

I've never liked that. Either keeping the plates with the car or just getting new plates every time a car is bought is the best way to do it IMO.

I know a lot of people just mail the plates to the previous owner after getting home, though.

Rupert

One time I forgot to remove the plates, and a year later got a notice that I had an unpaid parking ticket on those plates. :rage:

Fortunately, it was a private lot (i.e. unenforceable if you don't park on those lots), so I yelled at them and then ignored it.

dazzleman

CALL_911

Quote from: S204STi on May 26, 2013, 01:28:47 PM
Around 80 in a 65

Heh, I got nailed doing 82 in a 65 about a month ago. Dad just found out about it and wasn't amused.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 26, 2013, 11:14:54 PM
Heh, I got nailed doing 82 in a 65 about a month ago. Dad just found out about it and wasn't amused.
How did he find out?

dazzleman

Just got nailed for 79 in a 55.  Waiting for my ticket.