Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 09, 2016, 09:38:31 PM
Sue Yamaha for not setting to speed limiter to the speed limit! That's just common sense!

Back in my day, cars only went the speed limit, dammit!

BENZ BOY15

These days I have a good driver discount. Nothing on my record for over three years.

dazzleman

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on February 10, 2016, 11:56:28 PM
These days I have a good driver discount. Nothing on my record for over three years.

You need to step up your game.  A guy your age should not have a clean driving record. :pullover:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

CaminoRacer

I've been ticketless for 3 years as well.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

dazzleman

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 11, 2016, 11:59:15 AM
I've been ticketless for 3 years as well.

Really?  That's unbelievable.  You must not be driving much.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rich

I got flashed a couple times coming down through France.  Still nothing in the mail, fingers crossed!
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

dazzleman

Quote from: HotRodPilot on February 12, 2016, 12:18:18 AM
I got flashed a couple times coming down through France.  Still nothing in the mail, fingers crossed!

You have nine lives when it comes to avoiding tickets.  Have you ever had an honest, side of the road meeting with the law, type of ticket, or only bogus camera tickets?

Rich

Quote from: dazzleman on February 12, 2016, 05:04:32 AM
You have nine lives when it comes to avoiding tickets.  Have you ever had an honest, side of the road meeting with the law, type of ticket, or only bogus camera tickets?

I've never had a side of the road meeting for a speeding ticket, ever.

I've only driven in the US 2 of the last 8 years.  Japan and Europe mostly rely on cameras.  The 2 years I was in England I only saw 2 patrol cars checking for speeders. 

Spain is a bit different though, I see police cars out and about much more.  So, subject to change here.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

dazzleman

Quote from: HotRodPilot on February 12, 2016, 06:28:26 AM
I've never had a side of the road meeting for a speeding ticket, ever.

I've only driven in the US 2 of the last 8 years.  Japan and Europe mostly rely on cameras.  The 2 years I was in England I only saw 2 patrol cars checking for speeders. 

Spain is a bit different though, I see police cars out and about much more.  So, subject to change here.

You've had pretty good luck to never have been legitimately tagged yet.

Cookie Monster

Ticket came in the mail. It's $367. Phew.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

dazzleman

Quote from: thecarnut on March 07, 2016, 11:53:56 PM
Ticket came in the mail. It's $367. Phew.

That's a lot of money.  The biggest fine I ever paid was just under $200.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: dazzleman on March 08, 2016, 04:55:07 AM
That's a lot of money.  The biggest fine I ever paid was just under $200.

It'll be around $420 with driving school I think. Much better than the $700-800 I thought it'd be.

Still a crap ton, but still.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

SVT_Power

I don't even remember how much I had to pay for my massive speeding ticket.

Technically wasn't even a speeding ticket, it was a court summons  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

68_427

I won $400 on the quarter machine in the airport so I'll try to get my license back soon
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on March 09, 2016, 05:54:04 AM
I won $400 on the quarter machine in the airport so I'll try to get my license back soon

Did you ever get it back?  So you've been driving all this time with a suspended license?

68_427

Quote from: dazzleman on March 31, 2016, 07:22:19 PM
Did you ever get it back?  So you've been driving all this time with a suspended license?

Next paycheck I'm calling the court downstate and gonna try to pay for everything.
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on March 31, 2016, 11:24:31 PM
Next paycheck I'm calling the court downstate and gonna try to pay for everything.

How much money do you owe them?  You probably shouldn't buy another pair of sneakers until this is taken care of.... :lol:

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on April 01, 2016, 05:21:42 AM
No idea.  :lol:

Have you been driving with a suspended license all this time?  Hopefully you haven't gotten pulled over during this period.... :pullover: :lockedup:

GoCougs

So I started working with my client in south Seattle once again. Jesus, just in a year the traffic has gotten worse. Had a couple of close calls just in my first couple of days - damn near rear ended two people at high speed - had I my snow tires on or had it been wet I probably would have hit them. Rather than just crawling along the traffic pulses - big speed up and then big slow down - much more Californian. Lots of terrible driving and road rage too. I wasn't in the carpool lane as the traffic wasn't bad when I started out. Of course I b-lined to the carpool lane once the chaos ensued. I'm now also seeing plenty of other carpool lane violators - I'd say 25% are at least. At this point how can you not?

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on April 01, 2016, 08:56:08 AM
So I started working with my client in south Seattle once again. Jesus, just in a year the traffic has gotten worse. Had a couple of close calls just in my first couple of days - damn near rear ended two people at high speed - had I my snow tires on or had it been wet I probably would have hit them. Rather than just crawling along the traffic pulses - big speed up and then big slow down - much more Californian. Lots of terrible driving and road rage too. I wasn't in the carpool lane as the traffic wasn't bad when I started out. Of course I b-lined to the carpool lane once the chaos ensued. I'm now also seeing plenty of other carpool lane violators - I'd say 25% are at least. At this point how can you not?

Damn, that doesn't sound like fun.  Accidents suck so be careful, man.

GoCougs

Thanks, I've caused a few and it does suck. The last two days I've been using a route that keeps me off that freeway - adds ~5 minutes to an already 40 minute commute. Probably will stick with that (or, stick to working from home, which I'm doing today!).

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on April 01, 2016, 11:25:19 AM
Thanks, I've caused a few and it does suck. The last two days I've been using a route that keeps me off that freeway - adds ~5 minutes to an already 40 minute commute. Probably will stick with that (or, stick to working from home, which I'm doing today!).

Quality of drive is more important than saving 5 minutes.  You've said before that you're not a good driver.  That surprises me for some reason.

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on April 01, 2016, 11:47:33 AM
Quality of drive is more important than saving 5 minutes.  You've said before that you're not a good driver.  That surprises me for some reason.

Because Gougs is always right?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

GoCougs

Quote from: dazzleman on April 01, 2016, 11:47:33 AM

Well, a good portion of the route is a two lane road, and notorious for gridlock - any little upset - garbage truck, school bus, fender bender and it's a catastrophe. In the couple of days I've used so far so good though. If I get screwed I'll probably be back onto the freeway. We'll see.

It's more that I'm not the best driver - I just have to be careful about being attentive.

CaminoRacer

I'm like over-attentive. Probably annoys other people in the car with me because I frequently stop talking midsentence due to concentrating on what the car is doing or the road or whatever. :lol: Probably because I drive a car that I built, so I'm constantly keeping tabs on everything to make it's not gonna fall apart and blow up. :lol:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 01, 2016, 03:40:09 PM
Because Gougs is always right?

No, because I imagine all the guys on this site to be good drivers.

68_427

Quote from: dazzleman on April 01, 2016, 06:32:31 AM
Have you been driving with a suspended license all this time?  Hopefully you haven't gotten pulled over during this period.... :pullover: :lockedup:

Gotta get to work somehow
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

68_427

Quote from: dazzleman on April 28, 2016, 08:10:31 PM
Did you ever get your license back?

From two of the courts yes.  I'm probably going to end up driving 4 hours each way to get to the last one.

I got pulled over on my way to work tonight.  He pulled me over and was said "whats up with your headlights?"  (I have yellow bulbs)  I said "nothing".  He said those are illegal, and I told him NY state law permits white and yellow, and only white and yellow lights on the front of your car and he spouts off this bullshit saying "Yeah but these are a distracting yellow, they call it sunburst aroma".  So he went back and googled for like 10 minutes and wrote me a ticket for a taillight bulb I dont need and loud exhaust
'racecar is die'
no