Charger Hemi Police

Started by Catman, March 30, 2006, 04:21:10 PM

omicron

Quote:drink:
Are you paying?

Atomic

QuoteCatman,

I'm glad that you finally got to drive the Charger. I agree it's overall a much better vehicle than the Crown Vic. I'm also glad that you pointed out that the visibility is not that bad (This is a favorite criticism of Consumer Report's on the cars that share the LX platform). Anyway it sounds like you had some fun. :lol:
I knew it would be powerful but I don't think I realized just how planted this car would be at speed.  Where the CVPI seems almost floaty and "light on its feet" at high speeds, the Charger is rock solid and very confidence inspiring.  I can't imagine a better pursuit vehicle in sedan form.
this is what i've been promoting for quite some time. glad that you were able to experience it firsthand, catman!

the charger squad car? they're popping up everywhere. wow! what great color combinations and cool graphics. glad that our law enforcement agencies are having fun w/ the design  :lol: !

Raghavan

QuoteCatman,

I'm glad that you finally got to drive the Charger. I agree it's overall a much better vehicle than the Crown Vic. I'm also glad that you pointed out that the visibility is not that bad (This is a favorite criticism of Consumer Report's on the cars that share the LX platform). Anyway it sounds like you had some fun. :lol:
I knew it would be powerful but I don't think I realized just how planted this car would be at speed.  Where the CVPI seems almost floaty and "light on its feet" at high speeds, the Charger is rock solid and very confidence inspiring.  I can't imagine a better pursuit vehicle in sedan form.
this is what i've been promoting for quite some time. glad that you were able to experience it firsthand, catman!

the charger squad car? they're popping up everywhere. wow! what great color combinations and cool graphics. glad that our law enforcement agencies are having fun w/ the design  :lol: !
That does it. You ARE a paid troll from Chrysler!! :ph34r:  :hammerhead:  

mybrid

Yield, Follow or get out of the way, cause the Charger P/P is in the rearview![/size][/font]

Atomic

QuoteNow they just need some police Mustangs, eh?
There's no need now.....
great point!

ifcar

Let's go over the forum ground rules: just because you disagree with a reasonable statement does not mean you report the post. Three guesses on who this is directed at.  

Atomic

Quote:nono:
you are the master of knowledge! troll? NEVER! that term is over used, eh  :rockon: ! keep up the GREAT work  :clap: !!!

Atomic

Quote:pullover:? :pullover:? :pullover:? :pullover:? :pullover:? :pullover:
News Break!!!!!!!! :ph34r:
OrSP buying 45 Chargers!!! :thumbsup:
Link:OrSP
And yes they all have HEMI's!!!

As always enjoy!
:wub:? :D? B)? :wave:
He must be atomic's brother.
i just saw this! cool, dude! however, i've learned to hold it in, but internally, it's been rough (not really)  B) ! yes. i really have learned to contain it! your pm messages are so awesome  :praise: ! thanks for the humor. truly!

Atomic

oh! i do strongly recommend mybrid's advice/site! great squad car information!  

Atomic

Quote:nono:
while traveling this holiday weekend, i was surprised to see quite a few charger and magnum squad cars! yes! they're popping up everywhere! thanks for this forum, catman! perhaps law enforcement agencies have been reading your reviews  :D !

Raghavan

We're still using CV's here.

Atomic

QuoteWe're still using CV's here.
there's no doubt in my mind, you're probably in the majority  :wave: !

Raghavan

No one speeds here anyways. :lol: Who needs the Chargers then?
What i'd like to see the cops use are Challengers with the 6 speed, painted all black and have the lights in the windshield. :praise: Undercover cars.

JYODER240

QuoteNo one speeds here anyways. :lol: Who needs the Chargers then?
What i'd like to see the cops use are Challengers with the 6 speed, painted all black and have the lights in the windshield. :praise: Undercover cars.
Why would you want to see that? You'd never be able to see a cop car coming ;)  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Tom

I don't know about you guys, but I would rather see my cops spending less of my money.

Raghavan

QuoteNo one speeds here anyways. :lol: Who needs the Chargers then?
Why would you want to see that? You'd never be able to see a cop car coming ;)
Hell, i don't drive much anyways, so it doesn't matter for me. :lol:
Some places have it so that if you get caugh street racing, you either pay the fine, or go to a track and race against the cops, and they'll usually come in Camaros or Mustangs. That's a good system imo.  

JYODER240

So you get to go to a track and race cops. What kind of punishment is that?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

QuoteSo you get to go to a track and race cops. What kind of punishment is that?
So that you'll stick to the track after you find out that it's safer and more fun.

Cobra93

QuoteThat looks like a sweet police car, Catman.

Do you have any input into the cars that the department orders?

It sounds pretty solid and powerful.  What was the back seat made of in the picture you posted?
The Charger pic I posted has a vinyl rear seat.  As far as input, I have some.  But, I have to remember, I'm not the vehicle guy. ;)   My Chief is interested to see how they hold up.  I guess the MSP just ordered a bunch.  His big deal is fuel mileage as the bean counters are riding the shit out of him, especially when guys leave the cars idling all the time.  Curiously, according to Hounddog, the Hemi actually delivers better fuel mileage than the Ford.  If we did get these cars they'd probably be the 3.5L V6 versions which put out the same power as the Fords.
Tell the bean counters that the Hemi and the 3.5 get EXACTLY the same MPG when the cars are left idling. :P Maybe that'll swing them to the Hemi.   :rockon:  :rockon:  

Atomic

we can bet those bean counters will be looking at the price of the v6 vs. the hemi v8  :rockon: ! hopefully, a good bidding war will make them more affordable!