Which would you buy?

Started by Raza , April 20, 2006, 06:25:51 PM

Price notwithstanding, which car would you rather have?

Volkswagen Jetta GLI
5 (16.7%)
Volkswagen Golf GTI
25 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Raza

I was just wondering, if given two choices, which one you'd buy.

A reason would be nice also.

Happy voting!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

GTI. Don't like the new Jetta.

Run Away

GTI, the smaller the car, the better.

J86

SJ_GTI

I think I'd take the GTI, mainly due to styling. i assume they drive about the same, with any advantage probably going to the smaller GTI...

JYODER240

Jetta, I'm just not a big fan of wagons or hatches.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

sparkplug

Neither. I'd don't like jets or golf.

MX793

I don't really care for either from a looks standpoint.  The GTI has a bit more heritage, so I guess that would be my choice.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

mazda6er

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Laconian

QuoteGLI. Screw hatches.
GTI. Screw you!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

ro51092

The GTI, I just like it better for some reason.

Mak450

hmmm flipped a coin, got GLI

cozmik

GTI, but only because it is built in Germany. If the GLI was built in Germany as well, then it would be a toss up.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

mazda6er

QuoteGLI. Screw hatches.
GTI. Screw you!
You wanna throw down, tinkerbell?!
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SVT666

If I had to chose one over the other I would take the Golf due to the styling.  But I would take the TDI rather then the GTI because it gets 65mpg.

93JC

QuoteBut I would take the TDI rather then the GTI because it gets 65mpg.
Similarly so would I, but moreso for the two extra doors.

giant_mtb

Raghavan

Jetta is ugly, so i chose the GTI, but they're both FWD. :(

Raza

QuoteJetta is ugly, so i chose the GTI, but they're both FWD. :(
Don't you mean "Neither, I'd get a last gen Civic Si and put an LS2 in it and get a RWD conversion"?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

Who let him back online?

I'd go for the GTI. "Time to unpimp ze ride!" Hehehe... :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raghavan

QuoteWho let him back online?
UR MOTHER

Rupert

My mother's dead, asshole.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Raza

He distinctly said "Ur mother" as in the ancient Sumerian city Ur, the birthplace of Abraham, so it stands to say that he meant that Abraham's mother let him back online.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rupert

Oh, shit, yer right.

She's dead, asshole.

omicron

Golf GTI. I like the idea of a hot hatch better than an odd-looking smallish sedan.  

ifcar

GTI five-door, more practicality without any apparent downside.

Raza

QuoteGTI five-door, more practicality without any apparent downside.
I believe the GTI 5 door has a slight bit more weight, but it can't be much, since the new R32 5 door still spanked the E46 M3 around Top Gear's track.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i