Hertz Mustang commercial

Started by SVT666, May 01, 2006, 07:55:30 AM

SVT666

Raza

I still don't understand this line for Hertz.  Obviously they don't want people to beat the shit out of these cars.  I mean, when I used to get C class loaner cars, I used to do burnouts, offroading (in the RWD coupes mostly), donuts, I used to put it in the goddamn air, too.  If I had a car like that, they better make me sign tire liability, because they'd get it back worn down to the core.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

As long as the price isn't outrageous I'm going to rent one. It's cheap fun if you ask me.  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

QuoteAs long as the price isn't outrageous I'm going to rent one. It's cheap fun if you ask me.
You're still under 25, Yoder.

I'm sure they have you signing thousands of forms and shit like that before you can take it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Oh crap I forgot about that :banghead: , thats so dumb you can vote and go to war at 18, buy alcohol at 21, you can even hold office but you can't rent a car until 25.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

QuoteOh crap I forgot about that :banghead: , thats so dumb you can vote and go to war at 18, buy alcohol at 21, you can even hold office but you can't rent a car until 25.
Yeah.

I went on the Hertz site, but there's no mention of the Shelby...however a Town Car is $150 a day.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Also, they have an icon for manual transmissions, but there's no manual on the site.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

I believe at some rental agencies you can rent if you are not of age, but you pay extra.

Exotic car rentals are the best-I could technically rent a Dodge Viper for 550 dollars for one day.  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

QuoteI believe at some rental agencies you can rent if you are not of age, but you pay extra.

Exotic car rentals are the best-I could technically rent a Dodge Viper for 550 dollars for one day.
Save your cash, I say.

Make rich friends.

:)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

I bet they will be charging enough (and there will be line-ups) that they will easily pay for any tires and shit that the cars go through.

thewizard16

You can rent cars when you're not 25, or at least you can here. For Enterprise you have to be 21, and there appear to be no upfront cost differences. And at the airport here, a Town Car is $78 a day... not $150. Also, Enterprise's rates are quite a bit cheaper for daily rental rates, though I'm not sure how their total costs differ. Sounds like you guys are getting screwed on rental rates.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

BMWDave

QuoteI believe at some rental agencies you can rent if you are not of age, but you pay extra.

Save your cash, I say.

Make rich friends.

:)
Or I could buy the Viper myself in a few years :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

280Z Turbo

I'll bet you could pick up an early 90's car for cheap.

SVT666

QuoteI'll bet you could pick up an early 90's car for cheap.
The cheapest one I can find in Canada that isn't wrecked is a 1995 R/T for $50,000.  Even wrecked ones are still going for between $22,000 and $35,000.

Raghavan

The cheapest one I can find in Canada that isn't wrecked is a 1995 R/T for $50,000.  Even wrecked ones are still going for between $22,000 and $35,000.
Must be expensive there for you. For $50k USD, you can get a '02 GTS. For $10k USD you can buy a wrecked '02. And you can get a '94 RT for $20k.
All these are from ebay, and buy it now prices.

Raza

They're running low here.  I've seen then drop into the thirty thousand range (USD).

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Must be expensive there for you. For $50k USD, you can get a '02 GTS. For $10k USD you can buy a wrecked '02. And you can get a '94 RT for $20k.
All these are from ebay, and buy it now prices.
Exotics and high end cars keep their value in Canada a lot more then in the US for at least two reasons:

1. We get a lot less of them because our entire country has a population of less then California.
2. and we have long winters, therefore the cars have a lot less mileage if they are "fair weather only" cars.