2006 Dodge Charger Police Car: A Test Drive!

Started by Atomic, May 12, 2006, 05:16:25 PM

rohan

Quote from: Catman on October 19, 2006, 05:53:21 AM
Turns out we are getting a Charger, just one.? It'll be a V6 and it's going to take four months to come in. :rolleyes:
That doesn't even make sense.  thomas Dodge in Illinios has them on the lot right now.  Dozens of them in every color all spot ligthed up and ready to go.  Not all that long ago I went with some friends to Chicago and we stopped by there on a Satruday just to look around for my sheriff.  They told us that it usually takes about 4-8 weeks to get a car.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Catman

Quote from: rohan on November 12, 2006, 12:55:25 PM
That doesn't even make sense.? thomas Dodge in Illinios has them on the lot right now.? Dozens of them in every color all spot ligthed up and ready to go.? Not all that long ago I went with some friends to Chicago and we stopped by there on a Satruday just to look around for my sheriff.? They told us that it usually takes about 4-8 weeks to get a car.

There's been issues here with distribution.  MHQ in Marlboro MA is where most of the municipalities get their cars (Ford's).  They didn't sell Dodge's but their sister dealer does.  Chrysler doesn't want their cars being sold alongside the Ford's.  MHQ will now sell them but not service them and no dealer has really stepped up to the fleet business yet.  It's a mess right now.  I've said it from day one, chrysler dropped the ball on distribution around here.

rohan

Quote from: Catman on November 12, 2006, 01:08:02 PM
There's been issues here with distribution.? MHQ in Marlboro MA is where most of the municipalities get their cars (Ford's).? They didn't sell Dodge's but their sister dealer does.? Chrysler doesn't want their cars being sold alongside the Ford's.? MHQ will now sell them but not service them and no dealer has really stepped up to the fleet business yet.? It's a mess right now.? I've said it from day one, chrysler dropped the ball on distribution around here.
Maybe you should cancel that order and wheel and deel with Tomas Dodge- they even upfit and ship with their own carrier.  That's just insane and there's no reason for it.  Any dealership can service it - if they want ot.  We don't have any but I keep hoping. 

By the way I'm going back to work next week.  Decided I should because there's no reason for me not to once they move Tony.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Catman

Quote from: rohan on November 12, 2006, 07:10:14 PM
Maybe you should cancel that order and wheel and deel with Tomas Dodge- they even upfit and ship with their own carrier.? That's just insane and there's no reason for it.? Any dealership can service it - if they want ot.? We don't have any but I keep hoping.?

By the way I'm going back to work next week.? Decided I should because there's no reason for me not to once they move Tony.

I have enough to worry about on the technology end so I could care less about the cars.  I don't drive them anyway except to go to lunch.  Glad to see you're going back to work.  Any change in Tony?

rohan

Quote from: Catman on November 12, 2006, 07:13:53 PM
I have enough to worry about on the technology end so I could care less about the cars.? I don't drive them anyway except to go to lunch.? Glad to see you're going back to work.? Any change in Tony?
Typical of stripes!  They're all the same.

Katharine took her kids to see him today.  The two younger ones wrote a story at school and I guess they read them to him.  Kat told me one of them was really sad stroy and the other was really quite funny and they were both about their dad.  They were all geeked because he gave small smile at the funny one and a tear rolled down his cheek on the sad one.  It's been a about 4 hours since she told me that and everytime I think about it I start getting tears.  It means he's still in there somewhere.   :thumbsup:  Kat told me I needed to go back to work.  She told me I've done enough for them and it was time for her to start to take over again.  She's going back to work on Monday too.   Now I gotta find another apt!  And I have 5 days to do it well really 4 cause I'm spending Thursday with Tony at his new place.  Otherwise he's still kinda the same not much noticable improvemnetn yet.  We hope for more in the next month according to doctors.

~Chief Seattle

Catman

Quote from: rohan on November 12, 2006, 08:35:21 PM
Typical of stripes!? They're all the same.

Katharine took her kids to see him today.? The two younger ones wrote a story at school and I guess they read them to him.? Kat told me one of them was really sad stroy and the other was really quite funny and they were both about their dad.? They were all geeked because he gave small smile at the funny one and a tear rolled down his cheek on the sad one.? It's been a about 4 hours since she told me that and everytime I think about it I start getting tears.? It means he's still in there somewhere.? ?:thumbsup:? Kat told me I needed to go back to work.? She told me I've done enough for them and it was time for her to start to take over again.? She's going back to work on Monday too.? ?Now I gotta find another apt!? And I have 5 days to do it well really 4 cause I'm spending Thursday with Tony at his new place.? Otherwise he's still kinda the same not much noticable improvemnetn yet.? We hope for more in the next month according to doctors.

The fact that he's responding, even if it's small, is a good sign.  Good luck on the apt hunting.

Atomic

Quote from: Catman on November 12, 2006, 07:13:53 PM
I have enough to worry about on the technology end so I could care less about the cars.? I don't drive them anyway except to go to lunch.? Glad to see you're going back to work.? Any change in Tony?

Q:

do you take calls (requiring a response to the scene) from headquarters if need be during a  lunch break in a cruiser?

Catman

Quote from: Atomic on November 17, 2006, 03:38:50 AM
Q:

do you take calls (requiring a response to the scene) from headquarters if need be during a? lunch break in a cruiser?

If need be

Atomic

Atomic

what an impressive sight! during the midst of a surprise flash flood, i had the pleasure of seeing countless dodge charger squad cars dispatched from our local county sheriff's department parking lot. these cars scattered in every direction  :confused: !!!

fortunately, no one was killed or injuried and i knew that there would be little or no property damage; merely detours. otherwise, i would not have been so in awe of the rush of the charger r/t cruisers.

L. ed foote

Quote from: dazzleman on May 13, 2006, 07:26:47 PM

The Chargers seem to be getting a great reception from law enforcement.  I hope they do well.  I'll keep my eye out to see if they pop up around my area.

NYPD has an unmarked charger patrolling the Hutch around Bay Plaza or I-95 near the Bronx-Westchester border
Member, Self Preservation Society

850CSi

I saw a Charger police car for the Lemont, IL PD while I was back home on thanksgiving break. Looked like one scary mofo.  :lol:

Atomic

Quote from: 850CSi on November 27, 2006, 02:23:15 PM
I saw a Charger police car for the Lemont, IL PD while I was back home on thanksgiving break. Looked like one scary mofo.? :lol:

color scheme? a v6 or hemi v8?

Atomic

talk about a mustang squad car? well, around here, the local officers and fleet managers are already anticipating an all new dodge challenger coupe police cruiser. would a 6.1 liter hemi v8 coupe give us more than what the current '07 5.7 liter hemi v8 charger delivers?

catman?

all others?

note: i know that this is speculative, but what the hell. it if fun  :tounge:!

Atomic

i just heard from a regional dodge dealership that the very popular dodge charger police will soon be offered in awd -- now that it's a new option on civilian models.

a good idea?

i say yes  :ohyeah:!

TheIntrepid

Atomic: where did you get that pic in your sig? It would be an awesome wallpaper!

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Atomic

isn't it awesome?! catman found it for me. he's cool. just like the car  :lol:!

TheIntrepid

Let me know when you're done with it so I can mooch it. :devil:

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 27, 2007, 06:09:34 PM
Let me know when you're done with it so I can mooch it. :devil:

Do you do anything but steal pictures?

;)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Atomic

my local dodge dealer told me this very day that our local city police department and the new york state trooper's department just order large fleets of hemi v8 dodge charger squad cars.

can any of you find information about the nys police department's alleged decision to replace all of it's crown victorias with chargers (and i believe magnums, too)?

he was right about our local city police department.

i could not confirm anything on the web about the state of ny.

thanks  :ohyeah: !

Raghavan

TheIntrepid

eThirteen

Do you guys in the US ever see P.A.C.E.R cars?
I've seen pics of the PACER civic type-R's and PACER TSX's.
it's basically police and individuals "educating" <lol racers.. i got a pic of a civic typeR with a shitload of mods and sirens.. and a few weeks ago I saw a TSX with a pacer sticker.. undercover maybe?

Atomic

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 25, 2007, 04:20:00 PM
Atomic: where did you get that pic in your sig? It would be an awesome wallpaper!

damn! i wish i could remember what car that was. the bentley gtc? the last generation mercedes-benz cl? gee, how i wish they would stick and not all be replace whenever we change sigs!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Atomic on April 22, 2007, 07:21:03 PM
damn! i wish i could remember what car that was. the bentley gtc? the last generation mercedes-benz cl? gee, how i wish they would stick and not all be replace whenever we change sigs!

It was the picture of the grey CL, front 3/4 angle. I have that pic in poster on my wall now.

sparkplug

The real reason for a column shifter was that the policeman needed a place to hang their donut.

Atomic

Quote from: sparkplug on April 22, 2007, 10:59:34 PM
The real reason for a column shifter was that the policeman needed a place to hang their donut.

and that leaves space for a box of donut holes between the front seats  :thumbsup: !

rohan

Our department got our test mule today- a v6 civilian version.  Why the hell would you order a civi package for police service even to test I don't know????   One of my patrol LT's told me he thinks they sent the wrong car and it was supposed to be a RT civi package.  He thinks they are sending it back but only the high ups know. 

~Chief Seattle

rohan

Our new captain just told me the other day all the new cars for this order batch will be Chargers with the v8.  And in talking to some of the troops today I found that the new ones are 40 more horsies than the last ones we got.  :wub:

~Chief Seattle

bing_oh

Quote from: rohan on December 30, 2009, 11:14:53 AMOur new captain just told me the other day all the new cars for this order batch will be Chargers with the v8.  And in talking to some of the troops today I found that the new ones are 40 more horsies than the last ones we got.  :wub:

Lucky bastard! We're in the process of confiscating an all-black V8 Magnum that was being used in a theft ring we just busted. It hasn't been decided what we're gonna do with it (there's a rumor that the City Manager wants it, and we'd better get something damn good if the Chief bows down and gives it to him), but I'd love to take it for a spin and see what it can do. We have a V6 that's being used as a K9 unit, and I thought it was a bit of a dog (no pun intended :lol:).