2006 Dodge Charger Police Car: A Test Drive!

Started by Atomic, May 12, 2006, 05:16:25 PM

S204STi

Walpole, NH now has a Charger cruiser.  Not sure if it is the Hemi, it sounds mean but then 3800 GMs can pass a rorty exhaust note too.

Catman

Quote from: R-inge on September 09, 2006, 07:31:19 PM
Walpole, NH now has a Charger cruiser.  Not sure if it is the Hemi, it sounds mean but then 3800 GMs can pass a rorty exhaust note too.

NHSP just ordered some too. :pullover:

dazzleman

Quote from: R-inge on September 09, 2006, 07:31:19 PM
Walpole, NH now has a Charger cruiser.? Not sure if it is the Hemi, it sounds mean but then 3800 GMs can pass a rorty exhaust note too.

I've been to Walpole.  It's a tiny town -- hard to believe they even have their own PD.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

S204STi

Quote from: dazzleman on September 09, 2006, 08:10:19 PM
I've been to Walpole.  It's a tiny town -- hard to believe they even have their own PD.

The PD covers Walpole, North Walpole, and much of the surround area east of the river.

GoCougs

Washington State Patrol now has a number of unmarked R/Ts. Most I image are part of the aggressive driving patrol whereby they drive covertly with traffic, looking for major offenses. What better way to draw 'em out than a Charger R/T.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Atomic on September 08, 2006, 08:36:24 PM
obviously, you weren't driving fast enough, or that slate blue charger would have pulled your sorry ass over curb size! lol :) !
As I recall, my radar detector never went off. The cop must have been eating lunch or sleeping.

Quote from: Atomic on September 09, 2006, 02:20:47 PM
nys use to use camaros and mustangs during summer months. i've seen those camaros in fl, too :mask:!
I've learned the hard way that unmarked Camaros come in both red and black in South Carolina.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

I believe my friend got nailed by a white unmarked Camaro in Myrtle Beach.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

I saw an unmarked black 300 police car in Quebec on my trip but I think it was a detective who drove it and he was standing a few stores away and he kept looking at me when i had a camera. So I got scared and didn't even try to take a picture.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quote from: M_power on September 10, 2006, 12:19:01 PM
I saw an unmarked black 300 police car in Quebec on my trip but I think it was a detective who drove it and he was standing a few stores away and he kept looking at me when i had a camera. So I got scared and didn't even try to take a picture.

Sounds like you've got the fear in you.  I almost got stopped for trying to steal my own car.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Atomic

the 2007 charger will offer awd for the first time. this opt. was only available on the 300/magnum series for 2005 and 2006. i wonder if dodge will offer the awd system on the charger squad car  :pullover:?

should they?

Catman

Quote from: Atomic on September 10, 2006, 07:55:19 PM
the 2007 charger will offer awd for the first time. this opt. was only available on the 300/magnum series for 2005 and 2006. i wonder if dodge will offer the awd system on the charger squad car  :pullover:?

should they?

It would certainly be nice in the snow. ;)

Atomic

Quote from: Catman on September 10, 2006, 08:26:23 PM
It would certainly be nice in the snow. ;)

any drawbacks with awd regarding speed, for example, catman?

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

Quote from: Atomic on September 11, 2006, 08:12:46 AM
any drawbacks with awd regarding speed, for example, catman?

I doubt it.  A little perhaps but nothing major.  As Raza said, mileage would suffer some.

Atomic

Quote from: Catman on September 11, 2006, 06:00:25 PM
I doubt it. A little perhaps but nothing major. As Raza said, mileage would suffer some.

would dodge need to make any modifications to the police package to accommodate awd? i hope to see awd offered!

Raza

Quote from: Atomic on September 11, 2006, 07:27:59 PM
would dodge need to make any modifications to the police package to accommodate awd? i hope to see awd offered!

I don't imagine so.  As it's already RWD, you won't lose any trunk space.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sparkplug

AWD is awesome in wet weather and snow. But maybe not on ice but still better than RWD and FWD not to be confused with 4WD.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza on September 10, 2006, 06:20:49 PM
Sounds like you've got the fear in you.? I almost got stopped for trying to steal my own car.

lol what happened. I didn't want to get into any kind of trouble while I was there and he didn't seem like the nicest guy. I think it was a prostitute standing next to him in front of the store. No idea what the cop was doing
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Atomic on September 10, 2006, 07:55:19 PM
the 2007 charger will offer awd for the first time. this opt. was only available on the 300/magnum series for 2005 and 2006. i wonder if dodge will offer the awd system on the charger squad car? :pullover:?

should they?

It would be a good idea for cops here

Raza

Quote from: M_power on September 11, 2006, 10:04:19 PM
lol what happened. I didn't want to get into any kind of trouble while I was there and he didn't seem like the nicest guy. I think it was a prostitute standing next to him in front of the store. No idea what the cop was doing

I'd just gotten my haircut (since I've been going to the same barbershop for nigh a decade, they let me stick around long if I'm running late) and  it was pretty late and I walked out to my Mercedes, saw the cop, and he startled me.  So I reached for the handle of my car and it didn't open, since I didn't unlock it.  I was just standing there, and the cop stopped his car and looked over at me, like he was going to get out of the car.  Then I hit unlock on the key, the hazards flashed, and I waved to him and got in.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

Quote from: Raza on September 12, 2006, 05:11:05 AM
I'd just gotten my haircut (since I've been going to the same barbershop for nigh a decade, they let me stick around long if I'm running late) and  it was pretty late and I walked out to my Mercedes, saw the cop, and he startled me.  So I reached for the handle of my car and it didn't open, since I didn't unlock it.  I was just standing there, and the cop stopped his car and looked over at me, like he was going to get out of the car.  Then I hit unlock on the key, the hazards flashed, and I waved to him and got in.

:mask:

Atomic

Quote from: Raza on September 12, 2006, 05:11:05 AM
I'd just gotten my haircut (since I've been going to the same barbershop for nigh a decade, they let me stick around long if I'm running late) and it was pretty late and I walked out to my Mercedes, saw the cop, and he startled me. So I reached for the handle of my car and it didn't open, since I didn't unlock it. I was just standing there, and the cop stopped his car and looked over at me, like he was going to get out of the car. Then I hit unlock on the key, the hazards flashed, and I waved to him and got in.

you drive a 'benz, raz? what year and model?

Raza

Quote from: Atomic on September 13, 2006, 08:49:50 AM
you drive a 'benz, raz? what year and model?

Used to.  2002 E320, black over ash leather.  My brother drives it now.  I have the Passat pictured in my signature.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza on September 14, 2006, 06:22:27 PM
Used to.? 2002 E320, black over ash leather.? My brother drives it now.? I have the Passat pictured in my signature.

What did you do wrong that your parents passed the Mercedes on to your brother, and downgraded you to a VW?  :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Speed_Racer

The town I work in (here in NH) just got an undercover blue Charger patrol car. It looks completely stock, but I think they are slowly filling it with the necessary equipment.

IrishGuy

If I remember correctly the Albany Police Dept. has a Charger. It's pretty sweet looking.
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

The Pirate

Quote from: Atomic on May 12, 2006, 05:16:25 PM

TCC, May 12, 2006:

...there was still lots of fun to be had driving around in a police car and I swear, the follicles on my upper lip were starting to tingle profusely by the end of my drive...

Did anybody else catch this golden prose?  Close to 90% of the LEOs around here are definitely sporting a Burt Reynolds of some sort. 

Edit:  Back on topic, the Charger definitely kicks some tail, and I hope they do sell well.  I have yet to see any here, most of the local agencies have Chevy Tahoes and a few Crown Vics here and there.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

omicron

That's what the revised Tiburon looks like! Burt Reynolds! I knew I'd seen it before somewhere!

TBR

Quote from: dazzleman on September 14, 2006, 08:05:59 PM
What did you do wrong that your parents passed the Mercedes on to your brother, and downgraded you to a VW?  :lol:
I believe he actually prefers the VW...