New car

Started by cozmik, May 14, 2006, 08:14:56 AM

Raza

QuoteDidn't think so, but figured it was worth a mention. In a similar vein, how about a G6 GTP?
I sell Pontiacs, and well, no, just no. Great car for many people who don't like to drive, but not for me. Besides, no one orders G6's with a stick. My dealer won't because they don't sell. GTP I'd only be able to get 4 speed auto.

Faris: I personally didn't have any issues with the clutch when I test drove, but I also wasn't coming off a stick shift car, so that could be it.

I could get a 325i with sport, heated seats, and xenons for a little over 34k sticker. I could probably do 32k with my job. Not totally sure on that though, but a good guess I'd say.
Do me a favor...look up how much aftermarket LSDs cost?  That's a good deal, considering by the time I buy, there might not be any GTOs left.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

Hey Cosmic, you are in Delaware right? What part?

If I decide to buy a BMW or Pontiac should I throw some business your way? Are you an actual salesman? I'm in South Jersey so Delaware (via the Delware memorial bridge) is only about 45 minutes away.

cozmik

QuoteHey Cosmic, you are in Delaware right? What part?

If I decide to buy a BMW or Pontiac should I throw some business your way? Are you an actual salesman? I'm in South Jersey so Delaware (via the Delware memorial bridge) is only about 45 minutes away.
My dealer is in Wilmington. Our website:

http://www.unionpark.com/

I am an actual salesman. I officially sell Pontiac/GMC. I might be able to sell you a BMW, but that would be up the the BMW sales manager if he allowed me to cross sell for someone. From what I hear, it could be done.

And everyone is welcome to send me some business.  :rockon:  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Raza

I've got a solution.  

Buy an RX-8, and explain to them that your rich uncle bought it for you, and you couldn't say no since he helps out with your parents' mortgage and if you refused it would be insulting to him and he'd stop helping out.  Then explain that your family is from the south, so he takes things like honor very seriously, and therefore he would yank the mortgage and you'd be homeless if you didn't accept.  They'll understand.  If they ask his name, make it realistic, not Bob or something inane like that.  Something out of the Bible, like Daniel or Ezekiel or Malachi.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Fire It Up

Two questions, Matt:
1. Why not a 330i?
2. Why not a CPO M3?

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

cozmik

QuoteTwo questions, Matt:
1. Why not a 330i?
2. Why not a CPO M3?
1) Too much
2) Too much and too much $$ for insurance

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

SJ_GTI

QuoteTwo questions, Matt:
1. Why not a 330i?
2. Why not a CPO M3?
1) Too much
2) Too much and too much $$ for insurance
With regards to the 325i vs 330i, this was my review after driving the various iterations at a track day:

325i with 6MT: This is the car I would get. The engine has ample torque all over the rev range, the clutch/shifter is just about perfect, and turning transitions are seamless (and trust me I got to put this car through its paces!).

325i with 6AT: Engine felt a little sluggish off the line in this configuration, but once you got the revs up the car would move admirably. Personally I was a little disappointed in the "steptronic" function. The E46 325i 5AT I tested felt more responsive to inputs. There was just too much delay on this car. I know they stopped using GM automatics this year, and personally I wonder if that was a good idea.

330i with 6MT: Obviously the "creme de la creme" in the bunch. Basically it does everything the 325i does, but with more power. I can't say the bigger tires made a difference in handling though (18's on the 330i, 17's on the 325i with sport packages). That being said I didn't notice the extra weight it carries vs the 325i either, so I don't think it will be an issue for prospective buyers. I am not a power junkie though, so I probably wouldn't spring for the extra 4-5k it costs over a 325i (when optioned similarly). If you have the money burning a hole in your pocket I can see the temptation though.

330i with 6AT: I guess its the extra torque, but basically the automatic worked a bit better here. Steptronic was still a little slow to react, but because of the torque spread it wasn't as urgent to downshift as often in this car. I am not a fan of automatics, but if you have to get an automatic this may be the case were its worth it to move from the 325i to the 330i.

If I bought a 3-series today I would almost certainly go for the 325i. Its surprisingly quick with the 6MT. In all honesty I think the engine is purposely underrated in the US just to make it match the specs of the Euro 325i (which does in fact use a 2.5L engine).

The new 328ci gets a 230 HP 3.0L, I wouldn't be surprised if the 325i itself was putting out 230 HP.

Raza

Are we getting a 328i sedan?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cozmik

So I went over to the Saturn dealer today, and the Sky is fucking sweet. Pictures do it no justice. I didn't drive it, only sat in it, but damn if that car isn't one of the most comfortable to sit in.

I'm now kind of thinking Saturn Sky. I'd just have to figure out how to sneak it to work and back every day. :ph34r:  

omicron

Raza

QuoteSo I went over to the Saturn dealer today, and the Sky is fucking sweet. Pictures do it no justice. I didn't drive it, only sat in it, but damn if that car isn't one of the most comfortable to sit in.

I'm now kind of thinking Saturn Sky. I'd just have to figure out how to sneak it to work and back every day. :ph34r:
Drive it like an Enterprise Rent-a-Car.  With the car cover on...!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

QuoteSo I went over to the Saturn dealer today, and the Sky is fucking sweet. Pictures do it no justice. I didn't drive it, only sat in it, but damn if that car isn't one of the most comfortable to sit in.

Forget that just put the small green enterprise sticker on the back and tell them you're driving a rental while your car is in the shop. :praise:  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

cozmik

Forget that just put the small green enterprise sticker on the back and tell them you're driving a rental while your car is in the shop. :praise:
I was actually thinking of telling them my car got hit and was getting fixed, and then after a while, they would just forget about it and the Sky would be normal and unquestioned.  B)  

Raza

Tell them you bought it from them and that they sell Saturns now.  If you commit to the lie, they'll believe it too.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i