Worse Penalty for Speeding

Started by dazzleman, May 20, 2006, 10:26:17 AM

Which penalty for speeding do you think is worse?

Payment of a hefty, financially painful fine
15 (51.7%)
Community service that takes up a couple of whole weekends
14 (48.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

omicron

Quote from: Raza on October 20, 2006, 10:39:26 AM
Same here.

Oh, I thought you said drinks and lines of coke.

The time comes in handy too, I guess.

Without extra time, one cannot have extra drinks. There's only so often a cocktail glass can be included into day-to-day life.

I say. There's an idea.

TBR

My time is worth precisely $7 an hour according to me employeer, so taking the community service would cost me less than $140 (damn taxes...), most speeding tickets are more than that, right?

SVT_Power

Hey that's better than $4.10 on a 19 hour workday
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

TBR

I do pretty well for the kind of work I do, but I also work my ass off. Really I can't complain, yet I do...

TheIntrepid

I'll say the money. I don't want to pick up litter that other people threw out! That's f***ing disgusting. They pay people do do that, "sanitation engineers"

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raza

Quote from: TBR on October 31, 2006, 01:02:00 PM
I do pretty well for the kind of work I do, but I also work my ass off. Really I can't complain, yet I do...

Everyone with a job has a right to complain. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

Quote from: TBR on October 31, 2006, 01:02:00 PM

I probably work harder at my job than you do at your job. I probably work harder than majority of jobs. and get paid like shit at the same time :praise: :banghead:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza on November 01, 2006, 08:33:15 PM
Everyone with a job has a right to complain. 

I dont think I have much of that. Go complain to the corporal, get fucking shit for complaining. Don't wanna quit, so I shut up :lol:

SVT_Power

Quote from: touareg208 on November 01, 2006, 12:41:06 PM
I'll say the money. I don't want to pick up litter that other people threw out! That's f***ing disgusting. They pay people do do that, "sanitation engineers"

You make shitload of cash for doing next to nothing. You don't count for this

dazzleman

Quote from: M_power on November 02, 2006, 10:01:54 PM
I probably work harder at my job than you do at your job. I probably work harder than majority of jobs. and get paid like shit at the same time :praise: :banghead:

You're 16.  Things will get better... :ohyeah:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

omicron

Oddly enough, I quite enjoy what I do.

omicron

Of course, I don't see how someone could do it for 30 or 40 years.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Colonel Cadillac

I'm a lifeguard which paid me $9 an hour for my first summer. I was whining last summer because that is on average lower than pretty much everywhere else around here, but since they gave me the job on short notice, I didn't really deserve to complain.

In the end, I loved my job :praise: Sitting in a chair for a half hour of every hour on the beach and next to a pool and getting paid has possibly got to be the best job out there.

TBR

Quote from: M_power on November 02, 2006, 10:01:54 PM

Most likely, but they will also pay for your college correct? Though to be fair my employeer gives scholarships to all h.s. students who work there for at least two years, but $2000 won't get me very far at Rice (the school of the week for me).  And, quite frankly, I am the hardest working person at my place of work, it just isn't physically grueling or anything like yours is.

SVT_Power

SVT_Power

Quote from: TBR on November 03, 2006, 10:36:32 PM
Most likely, but they will also pay for your college correct? Though to be fair my employeer gives scholarships to all h.s. students who work there for at least two years, but $2000 won't get me very far at Rice (the school of the week for me).  And, quite frankly, I am the hardest working person at my place of work, it just isn't physically grueling or anything like yours is.

Yeah there's a $2000 scholarship and on top of that I can get a very low interest university tuition loan thing from the federal government

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on November 03, 2006, 05:03:45 AM
You're 16.  Things will get better... :ohyeah:

I'm just waiting for time to pass. By the time I'm 21 (which is just abit older than most people joining), I should be outranking a whole bunch of people older than me. That should be interesting :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: M_power on November 03, 2006, 11:51:20 PM
I'm just waiting for time to pass. By the time I'm 21 (which is just abit older than most people joining), I should be outranking a whole bunch of people older than me. That should be interesting :lol:

You'll have to be really tough then.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: M_power on November 03, 2006, 11:51:20 PM

I don't know, you'll need some practice to outdrink people.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: TBR on November 03, 2006, 10:36:32 PM

You're applying to Rice?

SVT_Power

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on November 04, 2006, 10:30:54 AM
I don't know, you'll need some practice to outdrink people.

I think I'm gonna start drinking a bottle every week i go

Raza

Quote from: M_power on November 03, 2006, 11:48:45 PM
Sitting there drinking

There's more to it than that.  I also write, and as soon as Dan gets us a homepage, I should have a regular column. 

When I finish school, I'll begin to hate what I do, unless I decide to take a risk and try writing for a magazine full time.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Colonel Cadillac

Why on earth would you want to set yourself up for a life of hating what you are doing? That's just poor decision making.

Raza

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on November 04, 2006, 01:24:44 PM
Why on earth would you want to set yourself up for a life of hating what you are doing? That's just poor decision making.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza on November 04, 2006, 01:16:16 PM
There's more to it than that.  I also write, and as soon as Dan gets us a homepage, I should have a regular column. 

When I finish school, I'll begin to hate what I do, unless I decide to take a risk and try writing for a magazine full time.

What are you gonna do after school?

TurboDan

Quote from: M_power on November 04, 2006, 10:43:18 PM
What are you gonna do after school?

Some job involving budgets and numbers.  Yeah, I'd be miserable too...

omicron

Quote from: M_power on November 04, 2006, 11:19:16 AM
I think I'm gonna start drinking a bottle every week i go

I think I'm going to join you for that; provided that bottle is of spirits, of course.

sparkplug

I think the worst penalty for speeding would be a prostate exam by a fellow inmate. Run for your life.