Worse Penalty for Speeding

Started by dazzleman, May 20, 2006, 10:26:17 AM

Which penalty for speeding do you think is worse?

Payment of a hefty, financially painful fine
15 (51.7%)
Community service that takes up a couple of whole weekends
14 (48.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quote from: TurboDan on November 06, 2006, 04:58:14 PM
Some job involving budgets and numbers.  Yeah, I'd be miserable too...

Probably more like trade modeling. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Nebtek2002

In Nebraska, you can do the "traffic school" thing once every 3 years, get no points off your license, leave no court record for your insurance co. to use against you. But it costs $175 and takes several days of your free time.

The last time I got a ticket, I was under the old rules which called for paying $ 80 to watch movies and take a test afterward.

Now that it costs much more in both time and money,I use cruise and set it at 5 below the limit.

Actually, I've never been ticketed in doing something extremely dangerous like 50 in a 35 in the middle of town or speeding in a construction area. It's been chickenshit stuff like 70 in a 60 on a nearly-deserted road that was in good repair.

Raza

50 in a 35 is traffic speed in my home area. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza on November 10, 2006, 07:51:13 PM
50 in a 35 is traffic speed in my home area.?

I do 50 mph in 35 mph zones quite a bit, as long as it's a commercial, rather than residential, area and traffic is light.  That is the upper end of what I do in those zones, though.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!