Lexus Gets Started in Japan

Started by TurboDan, May 23, 2005, 02:07:13 PM

Raghavan

QuoteBMWdave, it was pretty clear what he meant. I have used Lexi myself numerous times simply becauses "Lexuses" neither looks nor sounds quite right.
No car name takes anything more than the standard plural form. You don't have two Toyota Matrices or Camries, or a Hertz lot full of Ford Tauri.
i say Lexi, doesn't mean it's right or wrong. It's just personal taste i guess. Dave got what i was saying, so lets drop this matter.

cozmik

So Lexus in plural aside, I think they are planning on moving the Toyota's which we call Lex(us's/i) here to the Lexus brand there as well. That's just a guess though.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

TBR

QuoteBMWdave, it was pretty clear what he meant. I have used Lexi myself numerous times simply becauses "Lexuses" neither looks nor sounds quite right.
No car name takes anything more than the standard plural form. You don't have two Toyota Matrices or Camries, or a Hertz lot full of Ford Tauri.
People typically call multiple Focuses Foci. But, it just really doesn't matter.  

ifcar

People typically call multiple Focuses Foci. But, it just really doesn't matter.
A lot of people say "Jag-wire" as well, but does that make it right?

TBR

Since that is how I say it, yes :D .

Raghavan

as i said, it's all about personal matters.

BMWDave

The Jaguar commercial person pronounces it Jag-U-ar.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

see my post above. it doesn't matter.

BMWDave

I know it doesnt matter...I'm just adding another pronunciation to the mix ;)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

I know it doesnt matter...I'm just adding another pronunciation to the mix ;)
oic

ifcar

Hick.  :lol:  

TBR

I am from Texas, what do you expect? ;) What is the proper way to say it?  

Raghavan

jagwahr

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

TBR

jagwahr
I'll have to make a note of that :)  

Raza

It's definitely Foci and Matrices.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

jagwahr
I'll have to make a note of that :)
"Jag wahr" and "Jag yew ar" are both acceptable, though don't tell David E. Davis I said that.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.