Facelifted 06 New Beetle

Started by ifcar, May 24, 2005, 06:00:16 AM

Lorinser

For some reason, I think that the Beetle looks a lot like the Porsche 911. :blink:  

Raghavan

QuoteFor some reason, I think that the Beetle looks a lot like the Porsche 911. :blink:
How?? :rolleyes:  

BMWDave

QuoteFor some reason, I think that the Beetle looks a lot like the Porsche 911. :blink:
Definitely not.  But Ferdinand Porsche did design the VW Buggie.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

Definitely not.  But Ferdinand Porsche did design the VW Buggie.
but the original and the New beetle are a LOT different styling wise.

Raghavan

VW should build this thing, and price it at about 50k. That's the way to sell all the Beetles. :praise:  

BMWDave

VW should build this thing, and price it at about 50k. That's the way to sell all the Beetles. :praise:
I think few people would pay 50K for a Beetle.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Why not? I would. 500hp twin-turbo 2.8l V6, and 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, plus AWD. It's like a 911 Turbo at less than half the cost.

mazda6er

Why not? I would. 500hp twin-turbo 2.8l V6, and 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, plus AWD. It's like a 911 Turbo at less than half the cost.
No offense, but if I drove one of those, I'd kick my own ass and save everyone else the trouble.  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

No offense, but if I drove one of those, I'd kick my own ass and save everyone else the trouble.
why not? just take off the wing and the stickers and you'll have a true sleeper.

TBR

why not? just take off the wing and the stickers and you'll have a true sleeper.
People don't like sleepers quite as much as you guys apparantly think, that is part of the reason the GTO was such a failure for MY2004.

Raghavan

People don't like sleepers quite as much as you guys apparantly think, that is part of the reason the GTO was such a failure for MY2004.
well, i like sleepers. just my personal taste. :)  

Fire It Up

It's like a 911 Turbo at less than half the cost.
Not only that, it looks like they stole the wheels of one...

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

And it looks like they stole the brake calipers too.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

Maybe they stole that wing off one too...

BMWDave

I dont think they want that far...

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

Well it does look pretty similar to some wing I saw on some Porsche...like an older 9-- car.

Raghavan

Rims are off of a 993 Turbo, and i'm pretty sure that the red calipers are just Brembos.