Expedition Future Options

Started by TBR, July 01, 2006, 04:28:21 PM

JWC

"I have never heard of auto high-beams before (though they might be a common feature in luxury cars?"

As for this question, it is probably (but who knows for sure nowadays) that will turn hi-beams off when a sensor picks up a strong light such as that from another car. My uncle's 1962 Chrysler Imperial had this feature.  Can't remember if the hi-beams came back on after the other car passed. The Imperial had a "reflector" looking device on the dash that picked up an external light source and turned the high beams off.  That whole car was a trip.  The cruise control was a dial on the dash that you dialed to the speed you wanted. Once activated, you didn't have to touch the gas pedal, just dial up your speed.

SVT_Power

Quote from: JWC on September 03, 2006, 08:15:49 PM
"I have never heard of auto high-beams before (though they might be a common feature in luxury cars?"

As for this question, it is probably (but who knows for sure nowadays) that will turn hi-beams off when a sensor picks up a strong light such as that from another car. My uncle's 1962 Chrysler Imperial had this feature.? Can't remember if the hi-beams came back on after the other car passed. The Imperial had a "reflector" looking device on the dash that picked up an external light source and turned the high beams off.? That whole car was a trip.? The cruise control was a dial on the dash that you dialed to the speed you wanted. Once activated, you didn't have to touch the gas pedal, just dial up your speed.

I got blinded by quite a bit of high beams while driving on rural highways on my trip. Guess they dont turn off by themselves
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna