***Friggin Ass Lucky Europeans***

Started by cawimmer430, July 07, 2006, 01:53:47 PM

cawimmer430

QuoteLove the interior.? Has a Ferrari vibe to it.? The outside isn't too shabby either.? Have the fixed the quality and reliability issues that Alfa is notorious for?
Alfa's have improved BIG TIME. I wouldn't say they're tops when it comes to reliability, but they're much better than before. Plus, I think Alfa owners will forgive the car if it is unreliable, because it makes up for that with passion and personality. Something a Camry can't even come close too.  :lol:
This is America.  Boring and reliable are what people want and what people buy.  The top 3 selling models in this category are the Camry, Accord (US Accord, not the taughter, more fun to drive Euro one), and Impala.  Models with more character like the Altima and Mazda6 sell in vastly fewer numbers (half as many for the Altima and 1/6 as many for the Mazda).
I read ya. I guess an Alfa 159 will be a hit with people who like something different, passionate and don't really care too much about reliability. Honestly though, Alfa's these days are pretty reliable (again, better than before). Most critiques I hear are about how some of the interior materials look "sorta cheap" compared to this and that car.  ;)  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ifcar

And the Altimas that sell in real volume are the 2.5-liter models, which don't have any more "character" than an Accord.  

MX793

QuoteAnd the Altimas that sell in real volume are the 2.5-liter models, which don't have any more "character" than an Accord.
Yeah, and they still only sell half as many in all.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

GMPenguin

QuoteNot sure about this car, but the 159 I sat in had real metal on the dashboard - cold to the touch. Great stuff.

Damn, that red colour is fantastic. Plus, I love the way the fuel and water gauges are still identified with 'benzina' and 'acqua'.
I love red on sedans, but not so much on sports cars.

And the guage markings are cool.
I love it in this color:

Raza

QuoteAnd the Altimas that sell in real volume are the 2.5-liter models, which don't have any more "character" than an Accord.
Yeah, and they still only sell half as many in all.
Well, there's money to be made in niche markets.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

The Altima is hardly a niche car.

Raza

QuoteThe Altima is hardly a niche car.
I was talking about the Alfa, which clearly wasn't clear.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

You quoted a post that had nothing to do with the Alfa. There's certainly money to be made with an attractive and exclusive $40,000 sedan.  

Raza

QuoteYou quoted a post that had nothing to do with the Alfa. There's certainly money to be made with an attractive and exclusive $40,000 sedan.
I said it wasn't clear.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i