ZAP plans to sell 77K Smart ForTwos in the US

Started by ifcar, May 24, 2005, 07:55:03 PM

ifcar

QuoteMe and my sister couldn't stop laughing at those things when we were in Italy...
why?
I guess they look kind of comical, and they are so small that they fit in anywhere.
they're practical.
Theyre really small, so I dont know how practical they really are.  Whats the storage capacity?
There are different types of practicality. Interior/cargo space makes a car practical to some, and easy parking, a tight turning radius, and excellent fuel economy make it practical for others. The Smart would be practical for the latter people, but not the former.
Thats basically what I'm saying...if you want to make a trip to your local Wal Mart, this isnt the car to take.
This is a city car, and city folk traditionally hate Wal-Mart.  ;)  

BMWDave

QuoteMe and my sister couldn't stop laughing at those things when we were in Italy...
why?
I guess they look kind of comical, and they are so small that they fit in anywhere.
they're practical.
Theyre really small, so I dont know how practical they really are.  Whats the storage capacity?
There are different types of practicality. Interior/cargo space makes a car practical to some, and easy parking, a tight turning radius, and excellent fuel economy make it practical for others. The Smart would be practical for the latter people, but not the former.
Thats basically what I'm saying...if you want to make a trip to your local Wal Mart, this isnt the car to take.
This is a city car, and city folk traditionally hate Wal-Mart.  ;)
I didnt realize that ;)  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

why?
they're practical.
but in sf or nyc, where parking is limited, the smart would be like a dream. it's only as long as a motorcycle, so you can park it perpendicular to the curb and not have it stick out on the street.