MA State Police Charger

Started by Catman, July 08, 2006, 09:02:58 PM

BMWDave

It doesnt have a hemi :(  

:lol:  It looks great! :rockon:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Catman

QuoteIt doesnt have a hemi :(  

:lol:  It looks great! :rockon:
I'm pretty sure they're Hemis

Tom

Pretty cool, but I'd rather see my cop cars slow :lol:  

Raghavan

Catman

QuoteNIce. No bull bar though?
Wasn't put on yet.  Standby....

Speed_Racer

dazzleman

That's a sweet looking cruiser, Catman.

It will sure be great to see one of those in my rear-view mirror with its lights flashing... :lol:

I saw some MSP cruisers on my trip to Boston, but I think they were all the traditional Crown Vics or something like that.  One of them actually had somebody pulled over on Tremont Street in Boston, right next to the Boston Common.  I was surprised to see a MSP cruiser operating on local streets within city limits.

Catman, is there any chance that Billerica will get the Chargers for its PD?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

ifcar

What did the window sticker read?

Atomic

nice, catman! question: are those lights behind the windshield and on the outer mirrors relatively new to the industry? will they replace traditional light bars?

thanks!

Catman

Quotenice, catman! question: are those lights behind the windshield and on the outer mirrors relatively new to the industry? will they replace traditional light bars?

thanks!
They're not that new.  For some units they do replace lightbars.

Catman

QuoteWhat did the window sticker read?
Don't know, found the pics on the net.

Catman

QuoteCatman, is there any chance that Billerica will get the Chargers for its PD?
The Chiefs open to it, especially since they're better on gas.  We're not getting new cars till the fall.

Atomic

QuoteIt doesnt have a hemi :( 

:lol:  It looks great! :rockon:
those stylish wheels (are supposed to) go w/ the now infamous hemi v8!

dazzleman

QuoteCatman, is there any chance that Billerica will get the Chargers for its PD?
The Chiefs open to it, especially since they're better on gas.  We're not getting new cars till the fall.
The fall's not too far away.

Do you expect to continue indefinitely in your current position as computer geek [j/k, man], or will you get back out on patrol in the near future?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Catman

The fall's not too far away.

Do you expect to continue indefinitely in your current position as computer geek [j/k, man], or will you get back out on patrol in the near future?
I don't see me going back to patrol for a long time since there's no one that can do my job.  It's gotten too technical and the few that would have the basic knowledge to take it on have no interest.  I suppose I could train someone in the future but I still have a lot of projects to implement.

I miss patrol a bit but this is fine and it will spring board me into a private sector job if I ever get a chance to retire early.  

Catman

QuoteIt doesnt have a hemi :(?

:lol:? It looks great! :rockon:
There is no reference to an aluminum wheel in the literature so I'm not sure what the deal is with them.  Black steel wheels are standard on both the 3.5 and the Hemi as far as I know.

Atomic

QuoteIt doesnt have a hemi :(?

:lol:? It looks great! :rockon:
There is no reference to an aluminum wheel in the literature so I'm not sure what the deal is with them.  Black steel wheels are standard on both the 3.5 and the Hemi as far as I know.
i could be wrong, but i tend to think that the wheels shown are only available (std., actually) on the civilian charger r/t and all other chargers equipt w/ the hemi v8. i think the tires on all hemi chargers are larger than the v6 models; thus accommodating the stylish wheels (shown). being that the ma squad cars (seem to) have the same tires/wheels is how i'm basing my opinion. i only wish i had my 2006 charger brochure at hand. i'll check online.  

mybrid

:P  :P  :pullover:  :pullover:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Ok Lets go over this again  :banghead: (I've said this so many times I don't even remember where I have posted it, so sorry :D  for the shortness.).

#1 Dodge P/P cars come with one wheel/tire package.
    Standard
    P225/60R18 BSW Performance Tires
    18"x7.5" Steel Wheels
    Bright Hub Caps

Optional Equipment
    18" Bolt-on Wheel Covers

I hope this will help those with less than good eye sight!  :P  :D  :D  :D  
Yield, Follow or get out of the way, cause the Charger P/P is in the rearview![/size][/font]

Catman

The black wheels are clearly visable behind the hubcaps in this photo.  Thanks Mybrid.

Catman

After emailing my Chief the above pics he gave me this response.

QuoteI think it is time to take a serious look at these for the fall I am hoping to catch up a little on the fleet.

:rockon:

SJ_GTI

Cool beans.

I saw some dark blue Chargers parked on the side of the road whiler driving on I95 in Maryland. I assumed they were state cops even though they were unmarked. Chargers make nice cop cars...they're big and they look intimidating.

Raza

QuoteCool beans.

I saw some dark blue Chargers parked on the side of the road whiler driving on I95 in Maryland. I assumed they were state cops even though they were unmarked. Chargers make nice cop cars...they're big and they look intimidating.
Tall criminals beware of their low roof!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

How many Crown Vics with a police package could be bought for the price of a comparably equipt Charger?  Like 1.5?

Catman

QuoteHow many Crown Vics with a police package could be bought for the price of a comparably equipt Charger?  Like 1.5?
There's not much difference in price between the CVPI and Charger 3.5L.  The fuel savings put the Charger ahead in short order.  The Hemi is, I believe, a $1800 option.  

Tom

QuoteHow many Crown Vics with a police package could be bought for the price of a comparably equipt Charger?  Like 1.5?
There's not much difference in price between the CVPI and Charger 3.5L.  The fuel savings put the Charger ahead in short order.  The Hemi is, I believe, a $1800 option.
I assume you will go with the Hemi?  It's only about $2000 more?

Atomic

QuoteI have you covered. ;)

Chrysler Fleet Charger Page
one can always count on you, catman  ;) ! thank you for the research!