2007 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

Started by Shane, July 31, 2006, 05:10:57 PM

Tom

Quote:rolleyes:   You can relax, I'm not an import troll.
And that is relevant how? My post included nothing accusing you of being such. You can have your :rolleyes: back.

I find it funny that you're docking a full-size pickup truck because it can't handle like a car. These trucks will handle just like every other full-size truck out there. GM has probably tweaked and refined them to the fullest extent possible to be as good (or better) than their peers in that regard, but the fact that they will handle like trucks should be neither surprising nor disappointing. Because, you know . . . they ARE trucks.

:praise:
I think the current Silverado is too soft.  Makes it more pleasant going over bumps and potholes, but it wallows excessively and takes turns with a good deal of lean.  I prefer a more rigid suspension and a solid front axle on trucks.  I'm not very familiar with Chevy's line, which is why I asked the question.  I'm coming from a little experience with Ford's Heavy Duty line.  I never faulted the Silverado for not handling like a car.  In fact, I would he happier if it handles less like a car, you know, without softness and comfort as a priority.

I think you're just cranky cause your Cards are getting whooped by the stinkin' Phillies :P  

VetteZ06

QuoteI'm not very familiar with Chevy's line, which is why I asked the question.  

I think you're just cranky cause your Cards are getting whooped by the stinkin' Phillies :P
It wasn't a question, but a supposition about a vehicle that nobody has driven yet.

We'll have to see what the first impressions are when the magazines get to drive it. The GMT900 SUVs have gotten praise for their refined ride/handling compromise, so hopefully the trucks will share the same qualities.

As for the Cardinals, I can't say I'm surprised. Watching this game I see much of the same stuff I've been seeing over the past few months. Poor pitching, lack of good bullpen arms, and a team devoid of the killer instinct I had seen over the 2004 and 2005 seasons. It seems like they've just resigned themselves to being bad. Even if they manage to squeak into the playoffs this year, they're not going anywhere. Unfortunately for the Phillies, they suck more than the Cardinals, so they're in even worse shape. The NL as a whole is just not good.

Raza

Quote:rolleyes:   You can relax, I'm not an import troll.
And that is relevant how? My post included nothing accusing you of being such. You can have your :rolleyes: back.

I find it funny that you're docking a full-size pickup truck because it can't handle like a car. These trucks will handle just like every other full-size truck out there. GM has probably tweaked and refined them to the fullest extent possible to be as good (or better) than their peers in that regard, but the fact that they will handle like trucks should be neither surprising nor disappointing. Because, you know . . . they ARE trucks.

:praise:
Chill, buy a Ridgeline.

Now that's a real truck, with real truck capability.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

QuoteI'm not very familiar with Chevy's line, which is why I asked the question. 

It wasn't a question, but a supposition about a vehicle that nobody has driven yet.

We'll have to see what the first impressions are when the magazines get to drive it. The GMT900 SUVs have gotten praise for their refined ride/handling compromise, so hopefully the trucks will share the same qualities.

As for the Cardinals, I can't say I'm surprised. Watching this game I see much of the same stuff I've been seeing over the past few months. Poor pitching, lack of good bullpen arms, and a team devoid of the killer instinct I had seen over the 2004 and 2005 seasons. It seems like they've just resigned themselves to being bad. Even if they manage to squeak into the playoffs this year, they're not going anywhere. Unfortunately for the Phillies, they suck more than the Cardinals, so they're in even worse shape. The NL as a whole is just not good.
Yes, hopefully the trucks will improve, and in the direction of firmness.

Just be happy that you have a chance to make the playoff.  The Phils have been utterly mediocre for years and won't change anytime soon.

VetteZ06

QuoteChill, buy a Ridgeline.
No.

Raza

QuoteChill, buy a Ridgeline.
No.
It's a better truck.  Four doors.  In-bed trunk.  Unmatched offroad capability, quality and reliability that the American manufacturers can't even hope to live up to.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

VetteZ06

:lol:

Hard to argue with proven facts. I'm going tomorrow.  

SargeMonkey

Hmm, I don't like Chevy's direction. I don't want my GM to look like a dodge. Meh, I'll prolly stick to toyotas and nissans from now on though. The US automotive companies suck anymore. Cruddy quality, and exept for the silverado over priced. My dad, was born in the fifty's, used to say a GM was top of the heap, now he leans at toyo and honda. It shows a shifting market place. People want to get 300k out of a car and it needs to get good mileage all the way.

And the ridgeline sucks. Its not a truck its a Car with big wheels, like a Rav4 or anyother car based suv. Unmatched off road capability my ass. Throw 1500 pounds of gravle in the back and drive the thing through a few rough areas. Like the "rock gardens" in this area. Tear the wheels off.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

VetteZ06

The Sierra looks awesome, especially in Denali guise. I knew the Silverado would look even better as we saw more pictures, too.

Engine offerings include:

4.3L V-6 (LU3), rated at 195 hp (145 kW) and 260 lb.-ft. of torque (353 Nm).
4.8L V-8 (LY2), with iron block; rated at 295 hp (220 kW) and 305 lb.-ft. of torque (414 Nm)*.
5.3L FlexFuel V-8 (LMG), E85-capable with iron block and Active Fuel Management, rated at 315 hp (235 kW) and 338 lb.-ft. of torque (458 Nm)*.
5.3L FlexFuel V-8 (LC9), E85-capable with aluminum block and Active Fuel Management, rated at 315 hp (235 kW) and 338 lb.-ft. of torque (458 Nm)*.
5.3L V-8 (LH6), with aluminum block and Active Fuel Management, rated at 315 hp (235 kW) and 338 lb.-ft. of torque (458 Nm)*.
5.3L V-8 (LY5), with iron block and Active Fuel Management, rated at 315 hp (235 kW) and 338 lb.-ft. of torque (458 Nm)*.
6.0L V-8 (L76), with aluminum block, variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management, rated at 367 hp (274 kW) and 375 lb.-ft. of torque (508 Nm)*.
6.2L V-8 (L92), with aluminum block and variable valve timing, rated at 400 hp (298 kW) and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm)** ? exclusive on GMC Sierra Denali.

400-horsepower for the Denali and 367-horsepower for the "lesser" Silverado and Sierra. Nice!  :praise:

Many more pictures here.

cawimmer430

Good-looking truck. That's also the first decent Chevy interior I've seen from GM in ages.  :clap:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Tom

That's a rare sight these days.  Standard cab ftw :rockon:

jadewolf123

I actually think the interior is nice compared to the crap bucket interior our 2002 Suburban LT has. Thats all hard cheap plastics and crappy guages. Funtional but maybe if the Escalade EXT was out when we bought it, we would have gone with that. Seats are comfortable though, and plenty of room. This is a step in the right direction.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

Shane

(ugh, Ridgeline, that's a girly car.)

Car Zeus

Interior is a huge fucking upgrade but the exterior is rather bland/boring and will be dated in a short amount of time.

Besides, trucks aren't selling like they used to. I hope GM does well because they rely heavily on their SUV's and trucks to make any profit.

Raza

There are no pictures of it towing, and therefore it is not able to tow anything, unlike the Ridgeline, which hoisted Lincoln into the seat in the Memorial.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

The fender flares on the Chevy don't work for me.  The GMC looks nicer in that regard.

280Z Turbo

We'll get used to it.

I still miss the sleeker, lower beltline trucks of the late 90s that didn't try to look like a damn semi tractor.

J86

I love the way those Tundras and Tacomas look.

Atomic

the sierra looks okay -- a blend between ford and dodge. it just does not say gmc! it doesn't work for me.