Cars of the Fine City of Boston

Started by saxonyron, August 22, 2006, 11:14:44 PM

Submariner

QuoteMan...I really want to head over to Boston now that you posted this thread.  :D
Zach, keep an eye out for our Fall Boston Get Together (GTG).  D-man, Catman and I hit it off real well this April and I can't wait to do iit again!
I'd love to!  I'm hoping you guys are actually pervs stalking young people like me.  I've always wanted to work at a Bangkok Brothel!  

I like 18-24 year old german guys.  :praise:
What road are you talking about?  (BTW, at the GTG, I'd be willing to dress like a young German guy.  I've got my lederhosen on now...and nothing else!) :lol:
Please, Zach. That's not a healthy visual.  I'm really not into that!  :nono:

(Damn, it's a slippery slope!  Speaking of slippery, guess what my boyfriend just got?)
Oh god I dont want to know.  :pullover:  :nono:

muah hahahaha.

:D
Damn, this is perversely addictive!  Now I understand the madness that gripped you and Wimmer!   :lol:  :lol:

OK, OK, I'm calling it quits before Catman drives over to my house and arrests me for Lewd and Lascivious Behavior. :pullover:  :pullover:
Tell catman to bring it on! :praise:  
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

dazzleman

I notice Catman has wisely declined to join in this conversation.... :lol:  
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Submariner

QuoteI notice Catman has wisely declined to join in this conversation.... :lol:
He might loose his job if they saw it.  :D  

saxonyron

But seriously, you should really try to make it to the yet to be announced (or organized for that matter) September GTG.  It  would be real cool to meet you and any other CarSPINNER in the area.  I'm really not a lunatic, and I'm pretty sure Catman and D-Man aren't either.  Although, come to think of it, they might be......  :P  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Submariner

But seriously, you should really try to make it to the yet to be announced (or organized for that matter) September GTG.  It  would be real cool to meet you and any other CarSPINNER in the area.  I'm really not a lunatic, and I'm pretty sure Catman and D-Man aren't either.  Although, come to think of it, they might be......  :P
That would be cool...though my september is busy...So i'll judt have to see how things work out.  Have to think of places to go if I do manage to go, though.

And in case you are stalkers, i'm packing my DE .50.  :lol:  :P  j/k

saxonyron

QuoteThat would be cool...though my september is busy...So i'll judt have to see how things work out.  Have to think of places to go if I do manage to go, though.

Damn, you win.   :lol: That thing makes my Sig 9mm look like a squirt gun!    But really, this thing will happen, and we're really quite harmless.  I'd guess this week we'll start to firm up some dates and details.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

That would be cool...though my september is busy...So i'll judt have to see how things work out.  Have to think of places to go if I do manage to go, though.

In all seriousness, I'm generally very reluctant to meet anybody from an online forum.

But I felt very comfortable meeting Catman and saxonyron.  I spoke to them enough online that I had a strong feeling that they were very cool, normal guys, and I had not reluctance about meeting them.  By the time I met them, I already felt as if they were old friends.  I'd have no reluctance about inviting them to my house.

So far, they're the only two people I've met through online forums.  To be fair, I'm not a big participator in these things.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Submariner

QuoteThat would be cool...though my september is busy...So i'll judt have to see how things work out.  Have to think of places to go if I do manage to go, though.

And in case you are stalkers, i'm packing my DE .50.  :lol:  :P  j/k

Damn, you win.   :lol: That thing makes my Sig 9mm look like a squirt gun!    But really, this thing will happen, and we're really quite harmless.  I'd guess this week we'll start to firm up some dates and details.
Eh...Mines all black.  Though I would love to get a gold plated one...with a tiger skin grip.  :lol:

Well, keep me updated with the times.  

SVT_Power

I'm driving to Boston tomorrow morning. Probably close to a 16 hr drive from here (halifax) so we'll probably stop and sleep somewhere. But hopefully I can get some pics of cars from boston
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

saxonyron

QuoteI'm driving to Boston tomorrow morning. Probably close to a 16 hr drive from here (halifax) so we'll probably stop and sleep somewhere. But hopefully I can get some pics of cars from boston
That's a decent drive for a day!  Probably won't have much energy for touring, but enjoy the city, either way.  Post some more pics if you have them. Looks like a great area.  I'm hoping to go next year to Nova Scotia.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

SVT_Power

QuoteI'm driving to Boston tomorrow morning. Probably close to a 16 hr drive from here (halifax) so we'll probably stop and sleep somewhere. But hopefully I can get some pics of cars from boston
That's a decent drive for a day!  Probably won't have much energy for touring, but enjoy the city, either way.  Post some more pics if you have them. Looks like a great area.  I'm hoping to go next year to Nova Scotia.
All the driving is wearing me out. I'll probably split the 12hr-ish drive with my mom probably like 7-8 hours for me. Nova Scotia is great. PEI has better scenery when you're just driving outside of cities, but NS definitely has better things to see.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Submariner

All the driving is wearing me out. I'll probably split the 12hr-ish drive with my mom probably like 7-8 hours for me. Nova Scotia is great. PEI has better scenery when you're just driving outside of cities, but NS definitely has better things to see.
That sounds like a fun drive, though. Why the trip to boston?  Friends, vaca, etc?

Raza

QuoteI'd have no reluctance about inviting them to my house.
For what reason?  Tea and a Boston Chainsaw Massacre?
:P  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Woah...your house? screw the .50 im bringing an M4.  :lol:  

saxonyron

This M4...

Or this M4...

It's always a good time at a GTG.  I've been to a few with Audiworld around Boston and I've always enjoyed it.  Some people are totally addicted and basically their entire social life revolves around Audis.  That's kind of a disorder, but there's nothing wrong with a little socializing and maybe the odd ax murder.  It's all in good fun! :lol:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

Sounds like a good idea.... :lol:  

Submariner

This M4...

Or this M4...

It's always a good time at a GTG.  I've been to a few with Audiworld around Boston and I've always enjoyed it.  Some people are totally addicted and basically their entire social life revolves around Audis.  That's kind of a disorder, but there's nothing wrong with a little socializing and maybe the odd ax murder.  It's all in good fun! :lol:
The carbine...though...the tank might be a good idea.  

dazzleman

QuoteIt's always a good time at a GTG.  I've been to a few with Audiworld around Boston and I've always enjoyed it.  Some people are totally addicted and basically their entire social life revolves around Audis.  That's kind of a disorder, but there's nothing wrong with a little socializing and maybe the odd ax murder.  It's all in good fun! :lol:
Ron, I can't imagine that any of your GTG's with those Audiworld people could possibly have been as good as the carspin GTG we had last April.... :lol:  

saxonyron

QuoteIt's always a good time at a GTG.  I've been to a few with Audiworld around Boston and I've always enjoyed it.  Some people are totally addicted and basically their entire social life revolves around Audis.  That's kind of a disorder, but there's nothing wrong with a little socializing and maybe the odd ax murder.  It's all in good fun! :lol:
Ron, I can't imagine that any of your GTG's with those Audiworld people could possibly have been as good as the carspin GTG we had last April.... :lol:
Not a chance!  The Audi GTG's were slightly one dimensional but nice enough.  We talked Audis, we ran VAG computer scans, compared wheels, etc.   The CarSPIN GTG was far more erudite.  We sipped fine wines, talked culture and politics, and once we were good and liquored up enough, ran through the streets of Boston chasing hotties.  Well, most of that statement was true.   :lol:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

QuoteIt's always a good time at a GTG.? I've been to a few with Audiworld around Boston and I've always enjoyed it.? Some people are totally addicted and basically their entire social life revolves around Audis.? That's kind of a disorder, but there's nothing wrong with a little socializing and maybe the odd ax murder.? It's all in good fun! :lol:
Not a chance!  The Audi GTG's were slightly one dimensional but nice enough.  We talked Audis, we ran VAG computer scans, compared wheels, etc.   The CarSPIN GTG was far more erudite.  We sipped fine wines, talked culture and politics, and once we were good and liquored up enough, ran through the streets of Boston chasing hotties.  Well, most of that statement was true.   :lol:
Well, there are usually a good number of hotties running around the streets of Boston, especially in the good weather.... :lol:

Actually, our focus was not all that much on cars, though of course we did the obligatory show and tell session.  Catman didn't even bring his car, so we couldn't even see it.  Interesting how different it was from your Audiworld GTGs.

It makes sense though 'cause I think all 3 of us share a general interest in cars, but not an obsession with them, and particularly not an obsession with a particular brand.  I've always loved cars and driving, but I have other interests too, as do you and Greg.  That's probably why I post on a more general car forum rather than one associated with a particular brand.

Submariner

QuoteIt's always a good time at a GTG.  I've been to a few with Audiworld around Boston and I've always enjoyed it.  Some people are totally addicted and basically their entire social life revolves around Audis.  That's kind of a disorder, but there's nothing wrong with a little socializing and maybe the odd ax murder.  It's all in good fun! :lol:
Not a chance!  The Audi GTG's were slightly one dimensional but nice enough.  We talked Audis, we ran VAG computer scans, compared wheels, etc.   The CarSPIN GTG was far more erudite.  We sipped fine wines, talked culture and politics, and And wimmer took a trip to provencetown  :lol:
Figures.  :rolleyes:  

saxonyron

QuoteWell, there are usually a good number of hotties running around the streets of Boston, especially in the good weather.... :lol:

Actually, our focus was not all that much on cars, though of course we did the obligatory show and tell session.  Catman didn't even bring his car, so we couldn't even see it.  Interesting how different it was from your Audiworld GTGs.
It's kind of funny with Audiworld.  It amazes me how often some of these guys are on line.  They apparently have no work to do, yet can afford a $40,000 car.  :blink:  They must be trust fund kids or something.  I'd put some of these people into cult status.  CarSPIN is so much more well rounded!   :rockon:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

QuoteIt's always a good time at a GTG.? I've been to a few with Audiworld around Boston and I've always enjoyed it.? Some people are totally addicted and basically their entire social life revolves around Audis.? That's kind of a disorder, but there's nothing wrong with a little socializing and maybe the odd ax murder.? It's all in good fun! :lol:
Not a chance!  The Audi GTG's were slightly one dimensional but nice enough.  We talked Audis, we ran VAG computer scans, compared wheels, etc.   The CarSPIN GTG was far more erudite.  We sipped fine wines, talked culture and politics, and Zach and wimmer took a trip to provencetown  :lol:
Yeah...sure was memorable!   :praise:  
Zach, we try to keep most of our personal lives out of these discussions....especially the lurid details!  :nono:   :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

QuoteWell, there are usually a good number of hotties running around the streets of Boston, especially in the good weather.... :lol:

Actually, our focus was not all that much on cars, though of course we did the obligatory show and tell session.  Catman didn't even bring his car, so we couldn't even see it.  Interesting how different it was from your Audiworld GTGs.
It's kind of funny with Audiworld.  It amazes me how often some of these guys are on line.  They apparently have no work to do, yet can afford a $40,000 car.  :blink:  They must be trust fund kids or something.  I'd put some of these people into cult status.  CarSPIN is so much more well rounded!   :rockon:
Is the male-female ratio in Audiworld about the same as here?  (In other words, 100% to 0%)

saxonyron

Actually, our focus was not all that much on cars, though of course we did the obligatory show and tell session.? Catman didn't even bring his car, so we couldn't even see it.? Interesting how different it was from your Audiworld GTGs.
Is the male-female ratio in Audiworld about the same as here?  (In other words, 100% to 0%)
There were actually 2 girls at the Boston one.  One seemed hopelessly in love with both her car and her self, but she could walk the walk.  She knew cars, and even had done some mods herself.  She was amazingly good looking in a Baywatch way.  The ratio there is about 95 - 5.  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

Actually, our focus was not all that much on cars, though of course we did the obligatory show and tell session.? Catman didn't even bring his car, so we couldn't even see it.? Interesting how different it was from your Audiworld GTGs.
There were actually 2 girls at the Boston one.  One seemed hopelessly in love with both her car and her self, but she could walk the walk.  She knew cars, and even had done some mods herself.  She was amazingly good looking in a Baywatch way.  The ratio there is about 95 - 5.
Suffice to say, car forums are not the place to meet hot chicks... :lol:  

Raza

I don't know if I'd be okay with dating a woman with an intense interest in cars.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

QuoteI don't know if I'd be okay with dating a woman with an intense interest in cars.
Why not?

Submariner

Not a chance!  The Audi GTG's were slightly one dimensional but nice enough.  We talked Audis, we ran VAG computer scans, compared wheels, etc.   The CarSPIN GTG was far more erudite.  We sipped fine wines, talked culture and politics, and Zach and wimmer took a trip to provencetown  :lol:
Yeah...sure was memorable!   :praise:  

Please tell me more!  ;)
:blink:  :pullover:  

Raza

QuoteI don't know if I'd be okay with dating a woman with an intense interest in cars.
Why not?
Sometimes I need just a sandwich, and not haute cuisine.  Varied interests keep you from getting bored with each other.  I couldn't be with the same person at all times.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i