Which two would you pick?

Started by SVT666, September 07, 2006, 04:05:16 PM

SVT666

I just finished watching a video on Youtube about a guy who won the lottery and wanted to buy a supercar.? He didn't know which one he wanted, so 5th Gear (British TV show) took him to a guys private collection and they looked at all the cars and the guy decided to test drive two of them.? He chose the Ferrari F430 and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage.? He settled on the Ferrari in the end.

My question to you:? If you were in this guys shoes, which two NEW supercars would you pick to test drive?? And why?

SVT_Power

I watched this one a while ago, but if I was to buy new cars, a Murcielago and a Zonda F. Why? Because they both look so cool, I've always wanted a Murcielago and the Zonda is devilish quick. Now if I had to choose one car, I would try to get my hands on a F40.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT666

Myself, I would pick the Aston Martin DB9 because it is the sexiest car on the face of the earth, and I would take the Ford GT as the other because it is just so damn cool and lightning fast.

93JC

Which two? Screw that, I'd drive as many as possible,

pommes-t

Porsche 911 Turbo (to me THE perfect sportscar) and a Lamborghini Murcielago (the most brutal one).

MrH

Porsche GT3, and a Ferrari F430 Spyder.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

TBR

jadewolf123

2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

SVT_Power

Quote from: jadewolf123 on September 07, 2006, 06:10:32 PM
Carrera GT, and a Koenigsegg CCX

With or without the Top Gear spoiler?  :P
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

jadewolf123

Quote from: M_power on September 07, 2006, 07:22:20 PM
With or without the Top Gear spoiler?  :P
With, cuz im not going to push it past 200
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

SJ_GTI

I think I would want a Lamborghini Gallardo (yes the baby Lambo) and a Carrera GT.

BMWDave

Porsche Carrera GT, and a Pagani Zonda F.  The Zonda makes you feel like a gentleman, its regal and insanely capable at the same time.  The CGT is just an all out performance marvel, one of the best cars ever made, IMO.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

Gallardo, and the upcoming Porsche 911 GT2.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

850CSi

DB9 and CGT.

If I could buy any car in the world after the F1, it would be a DB9. Automotive equivalent of Keira Knightly.

SVT666

The problem with Porsche is that they're everywhere.  I want a car that very few people own.  I have only seen two Ford GT's in person and I only seen one DB9.  If I'm spending that much money on a car then I want some exclusivity too, not just performance and good looks.  I want the whole package - Exclusivity, performance, goosebumps, and good looks.  If I don't get goosebumps just standing next to the car, then I don't want it.

SVT666

Quote from: 850CSi on September 08, 2006, 09:02:22 AM
DB9 and CGT.

If I could buy any car in the world after the F1, it would be a DB9. Automotive equivalent of Keira Knightly.
Keira Knightly with boobs maybe.  The car just oozes sex appeal.

SaltyDog

After much thought, I would take the fastest one and the lightest one. 

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

SVT_Power

Quote from: BMWDave on September 08, 2006, 07:34:10 AM
Porsche Carrera GT, and a Pagani Zonda F.? The Zonda makes you feel like a gentleman, its regal and insanely capable at the same time.? The CGT is just an all out performance marvel, one of the best cars ever made, IMO.

Doesn't the Zonda F outperform the CGT?

nickdrinkwater

Let's hope we all win the lottery tonight then :lol:

The new Gallardo Convertible is nice - anyone see the Top Gear review a while ago?

I'd probably pick that and the F430 convertible even if they're a little similar.  I like Aston Martin's as well - but what is there to seperate DB9 and V8 Vantage?

850CSi

Now the question is, would you rather have Keira Knightley and Kate Beckinsale, or two supercars?

MX793

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 09, 2006, 10:47:40 AM
Let's hope we all win the lottery tonight then :lol:

The new Gallardo Convertible is nice - anyone see the Top Gear review a while ago?

I'd probably pick that and the F430 convertible even if they're a little similar.  I like Aston Martin's as well - but what is there to seperate DB9 and V8 Vantage?

You mean besides 4 extra cylinders, 60 more horsepower and 2 additional seats in the DB9?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MX793

Quote from: 850CSi on September 09, 2006, 11:08:22 AM
Now the question is, would you rather have Keira Knightley and Kate Beckinsale, or two supercars?

One from column A and one from column B would be just peachy for me.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Eye of the Tiger

I'll take the women. First of all they'll be working and making money for me anyway. I will also aution them off to would-be stalkers for a few nights. That should buy me a few supercars, and maybe a Learjet or two.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Keira Knightley and a DB9 Sports Pack.  Or a Gallardo Spyder.  Something either British or open top, to show off the most amazing woman, like, ever.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

VTEC_Inside

Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

sandertheshark

Saleen S7 Turbo and after that, whatever.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

nickdrinkwater

The cars.  Coss you less in the long term.

sandertheshark

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 09, 2006, 04:51:23 PM
The cars.  Coss you less in the long term.
And you can pick up all the chicks you can handle if you've got a quarter-milion-dollar supercar.

93JC