***Spotted my first Mercedes GL-Class (GL420 CDI)***

Started by cawimmer430, September 08, 2006, 03:52:13 PM

cawimmer430

Saw this this morning at the local Mercedes-Benz dealer. Looks awesome. The GL-Class sure is one handsome SUV. It's muscular, big and looks like a nice truck. In fact, it's too big for Europe IMO but it still looks nice. People say this doesn't compete with the Q7, but the Q7 is equally big - almost similar in size when compared visually.

BTW, booked a testdrive for a facelifted Mercedes E350 4Matic:rockon:

This was a V8 diesel GL420 CDI. Overkill, but still a nice-looking truck. Love it.

Driver's view...
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ifcar

Finally, an MB that I've seen in person before Wimmer. (And on the street, too.) :praise:

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on September 08, 2006, 03:56:48 PM
Finally, an MB that I've seen in person before Wimmer. (And on the street, too.) :praise:

Are there lot's of these in America already? This is the first one I've seen in Europe - in a showroom too!

I've seen a few R-Classes here already. M-Classes are very common, but not the GL-Class.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

BMWDave

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 08, 2006, 04:04:33 PM
Are there lot's of these in America already? This is the first one I've seen in Europe - in a showroom too!

I've seen a few R-Classes here already. M-Classes are very common, but not the GL-Class.

I'm with Ifcar here, I've seen these on the street before. Haha! :praise:

Theyre nice looking trucks, but I think the Q7 looks better in person.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

Wow, I've already seen dozens of these.  450s, though.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

Quote from: Raza on September 08, 2006, 04:10:16 PM
Wow, I've already seen dozens of these. 450s, though.

Dont rub it in too much for Wimmer. :lol:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

cawimmer430

My dad was interested in one, but a GL320 CDI.  :lol:

He'll never get it though because of the depreciation. Knowing him, he'd wait until they're on the used market. At the dealership this morning, he was checking out used W220 S320 CDI's with only 30,000 km on the clock!  :mask:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT_Power

Haven't seen one yet. Sounds like time to upgrade to a S class? :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Colonel Cadillac

I was hoping I could post first saying that I saw one before Wims, but no. A pretty nice SUV actually, although occasionally hard to distinquish between an ML. In some angles it looks small(er), and in some it looks enormous.

TBR

I wouldn't call the V8 useless in this type of vehicle, the GL420 CDI would make an incredible tow vehicle. And, I saw my first GL450 on the street (actually, it was going through our drive thru) I think Tuesday.

Jawad

Whats the price difference between this and Q.  I would assume Q s closer in price to the ML?

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on September 08, 2006, 09:12:19 PM
I was hoping I could post first saying that I saw one before Wims, but no. A pretty nice SUV actually, although occasionally hard to distinquish between an ML. In some angles it looks small(er), and in some it looks enormous.

I think from an exterior POV, there's a big difference between the ML and GL. The interiors are the same though.  ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: TBR on September 08, 2006, 09:14:36 PM
I wouldn't call the V8 useless in this type of vehicle, the GL420 CDI would make an incredible tow vehicle. And, I saw my first GL450 on the street (actually, it was going through our drive thru) I think Tuesday.

For America yes, but here in Europe, the GL420 CDI won't be as successful as the GL320 CDI. People here also two their caravans with cars like an E200 Kompressor (163-hp).  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Jawad on September 08, 2006, 09:45:49 PM
Whats the price difference between this and Q.  I would assume Q s closer in price to the ML?

Well, here's the base model price in Europe.

Audi Q7 3.0 TDI = 51,900 Euros

Mercedes GL320 CDI = 66,178 Euros

www.wimmerfotografie.de