2008 Land Cruiser

Started by Jawad, September 14, 2006, 08:17:38 AM

Jawad

SJ_GTI

The exterior isn't that bad, but that interior, if it even remotely resembles the production version, it rediculously bad.  :confused:

Raza

Looks really small to be the new Landcruiser. 

And it looks really ugly for something to go into production.  And not good ugly like the FJ Cruiser.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Colonel Cadillac

It's probably the Toyota version of the GX470.

ifcar

This is more likely the Sequoia than the Land Cruiser unless they're reshuffling the lineup. The Land Cruiser starts in the $50k range, there's no way it would have cloth seats.

thewizard16

The exterior isn't good, but the interior looks amazingly convoluted for a normal Toyota model...  :confused:
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

Quote from: thewizard16 on September 14, 2006, 03:29:39 PM
The exterior isn't good, but the interior looks amazingly convoluted for a normal Toyota model...  :confused:

That's what happens when you try to go for a symmetrical center stack on such a wide vehicle.

Catman

Quote from: ifcar on September 14, 2006, 03:27:27 PM
This is more likely the Sequoia than the Land Cruiser unless they're reshuffling the lineup. The Land Cruiser starts in the $50k range, there's no way it would have cloth seats.

Looks small for a Sequoia and why would they use a totally different dash than the Tundra?

ifcar

Maybe the Tundra needed a design that would allow a bench seat. This one doesn't look as though it would incorporate one as well.

I'm glad they didn't use the Tundra dash in whatever this is. It's surprisingly unattractive.

Catman

May not be an NA model at all.

ifcar

I'd be really surprised at that. I don't see Toyota designing a jumbo ute that wouldn't go to that class's strongest market.

Catman

Quote from: ifcar on September 14, 2006, 04:03:25 PM
I'd be really surprised at that. I don't see Toyota designing a jumbo ute that wouldn't go to that class's strongest market.

By the looks of the plate on the back it's a middle east model.  Probably a Land Cruiser.  When I was in Saudi Arabia there were lots of them.  They're usually more upscale in NA than they are over there so the trim doesn't surprise me.  I'd be shocked if it wasn't a Land Cruiser.

BMWDave

Toyota sells a Land Cruiser overseas that is different that ours.  Ours is called the Land Cruiser Amazon overseas.  I think this is just the overseas model that we wont get on our shores.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

thewizard16

Quote from: BMWDave on September 14, 2006, 08:28:54 PM
Toyota sells a Land Cruiser overseas that is different that ours. Ours is called the Land Cruiser Amazon overseas. I think this is just the overseas model that we wont get on our shores.
I hope so.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Speed_Racer

Whatever it is, it looks like it has some sort of disease. Those lights are sorta hideous.

BMWDave

This is whats currently sold overseas now.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

That's just a Lexus GX470 with some styling changes.

850CSi

Yeah, it's a Land Cruiser Prado.

Car Zeus

Explain something to me Ifcar.

Land Rover is owned by Ford. Range Rover is owned by BMW.

On their website both is listed under the same umbrella.

How does this parnership work?

ifcar

Quote from: Car Zeus on September 17, 2006, 06:46:41 AM
Explain something to me Ifcar.

Land Rover is owned by Ford. Range Rover is owned by BMW.

On their website both is listed under the same umbrella.

How does this parnership work?

Range Rover is a Land Rover model. Land Rover was owned by Rover, which was bought by BMW, which then sold Land Rover to Ford. The current Range Rover was designed by BMW, but is no longer owned by them.

omicron

Your US Landcruiser is sold here with cloth seats (in the base model) as a Landcruiser, and your Lexus GX470 is sold here with V6 engines and cloth seats as a Landcruiser Prado.

omicron

Here's the most basic LandCruiser:

4.2 diesel six, part-time 4WD and vinyl interior.

Submariner

Quote from: omicron on September 17, 2006, 08:46:36 AM

Is that a snorkel?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

omicron

S204STi

The styling cues all shout Land Cruiser.

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

BMWDave

Quote from: ifcar on September 17, 2006, 07:10:26 AM
Range Rover is a Land Rover model. Land Rover was owned by Rover, which was bought by BMW, which then sold Land Rover to Ford. The current Range Rover was designed by BMW, but is no longer owned by them.

Correct.  Though Rover was sold by BMW before Land Rover was, I believe. 

2007 Honda S2000

Catman

Damn, why doesn't Toyota sell a plain Land Cruiser?  We had those in Saudi Arabia.   :praise:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: omicron on September 17, 2006, 08:46:36 AM

I would love to take that thing and turn it brown.
That's what need need...real, basic trucks, like they used to be. Something you're not afraid to get dirty and a snorkel as standard equipment.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

S204STi