Top 10 Most Fabulous Key Fobs

Started by Jawad, September 16, 2006, 07:48:49 PM

mazda6er

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Champ

Quote from: 850CSi on September 26, 2006, 10:49:45 PM
That's why I love having a stick. None of my friends ever bother me, and it does offer a level of security.
Works the other way for me, all my friends want to drive it.  I don't think my car would ever get stolen, stick or auto so I guess that doesn't change much for me.

850CSi

Quote from: Champ on September 27, 2006, 08:41:17 AM
Works the other way for me, all my friends want to drive it.  I don't think my car would ever get stolen, stick or auto so I guess that doesn't change much for me.

My friends who claim they know how to drive stick sometimes bother me (they bothered me more with the Audi), but it's easier to deter them.

The Pirate

Quote from: 850CSi on September 27, 2006, 08:49:15 AM
My friends who claim they know how to drive stick sometimes bother me (they bothered me more with the Audi), but it's easier to deter them.

I just ask for a cash deposit of $1000 in case they burn up my clutch, and then they can drive wherever they want to go.  Nobody asks anymore.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on September 26, 2006, 10:56:51 PM

You drive a BMW.  As far as I am concerned, you have to have a stick in a Bimmer.  But yes, there are many advantages that don't manifest themselves right away.

My friend used to leave his Wrangler unlocked in the school parking lot.  Being the friend that I am, I would gather a few fellows, slide the stick into neutral, and "re-park" the car.  It always made for some fun end of the day confusion.

Once, a hurricane did it for him when he neglected to use the handbrake or put it in gear.  Almost hit a car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on September 26, 2006, 11:10:29 PM

From what I hear, D-Man is an old guy, and we all know how bothersome those damn third pedals can be, not to mention the shifter getting in the way of the prune juice!

:lol: :lol:

He's got a bad hip from all the shuffleboard.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Champ

Quote from: 850CSi on September 27, 2006, 08:49:15 AM
All my friends know how to drive manual :/

Works out OK though, then on long trips they don't have an excuse for not driving.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Champ on September 27, 2006, 09:19:03 AM
All my friends know how to drive manual :/

Works out OK though, then on long trips they don't have an excuse for not driving.

I don't know many people that can't drive a manual. Most people don't want to, but alot of those people can if they have to. Everyone in my family can drive a manual, though currently only my youngest brother (Hyundai Tiburon) and I own cars with manual transmisssions.

Raza

Quote from: SJ_GTI on September 27, 2006, 09:26:58 AM
I don't know many people that can't drive a manual. Most people don't want to, but alot of those people can if they have to. Everyone in my family can drive a manual, though currently only my youngest brother (Hyundai Tiburon) and I own cars with manual transmisssions.

Most proper adults I know know how to, everyone in my family can except for my brother, but I'm the only one who wants to.  My mom says she forgets, but most likely could pick it back up.  My dad hadn't driven one in ten years until I made him drive the Boxster S, and he loved it.  Most of my friends do not, though.  Of my group of older friends, only one knows, and he was self taught, on an old Volvo.  He picked it up quite easily, and  I rode with him that day, and he seemed decent at it.  Shame the car disintegrated soon after that day.  The huge cloud of black smoke that emitted from the back was our first clue. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

850CSi

My parents and even my younger sister can drive stick, but I don't know many others who can.

TheIntrepid

My parents can both drive stick...and did up until 1992, (when they bought an automatic Camry 4WD). We only have Autos in the family now and the only reason I can't drive a stick is because I got my license almost 2 years ago and no one I know has a manual to let me learn on. If I go to India later this year I'll surely learn to drive stick.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Colonel Cadillac

My mom doesn't know how to drive stick, even though when they lived in Hong Kong, their car was a stick...my Dad did ALL the driving. Only he and I know how, and I have had little practice unfortunately.

JYODER240

The only one in my family that knows other than me is my dad. He went 30years without driving one and drove my Z. He wasn't smooth at all but its tough to be when you first drive a pre-06 350.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

mazda6er

Quote from: JYoDeR240 on September 27, 2006, 04:56:06 PM
The only one in my family that knows other than me is my dad. He went 30years without driving one and drove my Z. He wasn't smooth at all but its tough to be when you first drive a pre-06 350.

What did they do after 06?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

Quote from: mazda6er on September 27, 2006, 05:03:41 PM

I don't know.  But the 06 I drove felt exactly like the 04. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Quote from: mazda6er on September 27, 2006, 05:03:41 PM

The 06 got a different clutch that is light and less grabby. The 03-05 clutch takes a fair amount of effort to engage.

SVT_Power

Never had a chance to drive a manual. Both my parents know how to but haven't done it in 10+ years. I'm hoping to get a chance to take a crack at it soon
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

mazda6er

Quote from: M_power on September 27, 2006, 05:54:52 PM
Never had a chance to drive a manual. Both my parents know how to but haven't done it in 10+ years. I'm hoping to get a chance to take a crack at it soon
Same here. The only friends of mine that have manuals have pretty old cars so I wouldn't want to "push it over the edge" and end up breaking the damn things. Of course I "know how" to drive stick, but knowing and doing are two different things.
--Mark

TBR

Only one of my friends has ever actually driven a MT car on a regular basis, but most older people I know do know how to drive them.

I didn't hesitate to let people drive my Neon, the clutch was pretty new and I wasn't planning on keeping the car for very long. I've already told someone that I would teach them how to drive stick when I get a new car.

The Pirate

Quote from: TBR on September 27, 2006, 08:58:44 PM
Only one of my friends has ever actually driven a MT car on a regular basis, but most older people I know do know how to drive them.

I didn't hesitate to let people drive my Neon, the clutch was pretty new and I wasn't planning on keeping the car for very long. I've already told someone that I would teach them how to drive stick when I get a new car.

Ehh, clutches are pretty tough.  My car has 110K on the original clutch and its still like new.  I've taught 4 people how to drive a stick in that car too.

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TBR

Yeah, my Neon got a new clutch at 67k (when the 2nd owner bought it, I don't think it actually need it) and the car had 83k miles on it when I bought it.

JYODER240

I let one of my close friends learn to drive stick in my car, he still sucks though. I'm about to let a girl learn in it too :mask:

The Pirate

Quote from: JYoDeR240 on September 27, 2006, 10:24:59 PM
I let one of my close friends learn to drive stick in my car, he still sucks though. I'm about to let a girl learn in it too :mask:

Dude, you'll be fine, Nissan clutches are beefy as hell in my experience.  My roommate in college had an 87 Pathfinder with 153K on the original clutch.  I would think that they would overengineer the clutch in their flagship sports car.

JYODER240

Quote from: The Pirate on September 27, 2006, 10:33:05 PM

Dude, you'll be fine, Nissan clutches are beefy as hell in my experience.? My roommate in college had an 87 Pathfinder with 153K on the original clutch.? I would think that they would overengineer the clutch in their flagship sports car.

The way i see it its going to go eventually so why not have fun beating on it.

The Pirate

Quote from: JYoDeR240 on September 27, 2006, 10:37:47 PM
The way i see it its going to go eventually so why not have fun beating on it.

In that case, I want to be able to smell burning Nissan clutch scent all the way over here in NY.

:rockon:

Laconian

My car needs a new clutch, and it's at 56k miles. :( The previous owner was a woman, so it probably got ridden in traffic constantly.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT