Ford Mondeo

Started by Galaxy, September 22, 2006, 10:36:02 AM

Raza

Quote from: Catman on September 24, 2006, 01:31:01 PM
I'd prefer that to the Fusion all day long.

I'd certainly drive an ST220.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: catmanI'd prefer that to the fusion all day long

Do you mean the European Fusion or the NA Fusion?

I'd rather take a black NA Fusion SEL V6 on white leather.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Catman

Quote from: touareg208 on September 24, 2006, 03:07:27 PM
Do you mean the European Fusion or the NA Fusion?

I'd rather take a black NA Fusion SEL V6 on white leather.

NA Fusion.

pommes-t

After seeing that photo:

I really have to rethink my attitude towards Ford (which now actually is a no-go).

Fire It Up

Whoa, it actually looks like the concept....

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Catman

Raza

With a slant like that, it ought to be.

Well, I think most sedans ought to be slant back hatches.  I don't understand why anyone buys the Mazda6 saloon.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

Quote from: Raza on September 24, 2006, 07:38:51 PM
With a slant like that, it ought to be.

Well, I think most sedans ought to be slant back hatches.  I don't understand why anyone buys the Mazda6 saloon.
I don't think the hatchback even existed when I bought mine. I would have wanted the 5-door, especially since it still looks like the sedan, only better.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

Quote from: mazda6er on September 24, 2006, 07:40:58 PM
I don't think the hatchback even existed when I bought mine. I would have wanted the 5-door, especially since it still looks like the sedan, only better.

Consider yourself absolved then.

:praise:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

Yeah, the 6 5-door looks nice.  I'm not sure why there isn't more 5-doors.  They're so much more versatile.

Raza

Quote from: Catman on September 24, 2006, 07:45:13 PM
Yeah, the 6 5-door looks nice.  I'm not sure why there isn't more 5-doors.  They're so much more versatile.

For example, if they made a Mazdaspeed 6 in the 5 door bodystyle, I'd buy it this instant.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

Quote from: Raza on September 24, 2006, 07:46:35 PM
For example, if they made a Mazdaspeed 6 in the 5 door bodystyle, I'd buy it this instant.

Why didn't they?  It would look batter profile-wise.   Maybe, chassis stiffness?

280Z Turbo

Americans seem to think that hatchbacks are for poor people.

I love my Focus' practicality and a trunk is just a waste of wheelbase, IMO.

thewizard16

I love the way this car works. This is the only Ford I can say that about.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

Quote from: Catman on September 24, 2006, 07:49:54 PM
Why didn't they?  It would look batter profile-wise.   Maybe, chassis stiffness?

I think that's the excuse they had for it.  But hell, Ferrari made the 430 a convertible, I'm sure Mazda could figure out how to make a stiffer chassis with a lifted rear windscreen.  It's not like you drive around with it open.  The MS6 has a sunroof, I figure that would be more troublesome than a hatch.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

nickdrinkwater

The pictures of the 'sedan' are actually the hatchback version.  There probably will be a saloon as with previous Mondeos, but they usually sell in much smaller numbers.  Mainly because they're identical in price and offer less practicality.

Alot of family cars are available as 5 doors (and usually are 5 doors) in Europe.  Mazda 6, Mondeo, Vauxhall Vectra, Toyota Avensis, Nissan Primera, Skoda Octavia.  Only ones I don't think are, are the Passat, 407 and the C5.

Raza

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 25, 2006, 04:03:01 AM
The pictures of the 'sedan' are actually the hatchback version.  There probably will be a saloon as with previous Mondeos, but they usually sell in much smaller numbers.  Mainly because they're identical in price and offer less practicality.

Alot of family cars are available as 5 doors (and usually are 5 doors) in Europe.  Mazda 6, Mondeo, Vauxhall Vectra, Toyota Avensis, Nissan Primera, Skoda Octavia.  Only ones I don't think are, are the Passat, 407 and the C5.

Of those cars, the only one we get is the Mazda6, and that is available as a five door.  Its idiotic buyers generally buy it as a saloon though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

The more I look at this the more I like it. I'd buy one if they sold it here and I had the cash on hand based on looks and interior styling alone.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

SVT666

I would buy that over the Freestyle we are buying any day.  I really like it.

SVT666

...except that it looks like it doesn't have any room for a third row.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 25, 2006, 03:50:39 PM

With that hatch, you could lay two people down in the back.  Three if they're small.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MX793

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 25, 2006, 03:50:39 PM

That's because it's a much smaller car (Mazda6 wagon sized).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

AnotherVictim

Finally a mention of the Mazda 6.

This Mondeo is undeniably attractive. No surprise though. I see a tremendous amount of Mazda 6 in this.

Raza

Quote from: AnotherVictim on September 25, 2006, 11:02:19 PM
Finally a mention of the Mazda 6.

This Mondeo is undeniably attractive. No surprise though. I see a tremendous amount of Mazda 6 in this.

Really?  I don't see any Mazda6 in it.  I think even the fundamental shapes are different.  This has that "inflated" pedestrian safety look to it, whereas the Mazda is sleeker.  The Mondeo's good looking no doubt, but I see more Legacy than Mazda6.

That car should be a hatch, by the way.  And they should sell the goddamn wagon with a stick.  Easily get the kind of power that can leave a V70R in the dust, and turbo fours are more aurally pleasing that fives, in my opinion.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

AnotherVictim

For me, its the front and rear sections, and their curvatures.  Headlight and tail light placements are slightly different of course.. but to me they look like they could be similar design cues.  To me, all of which are good things.

That Mondeo SHOULD be our Ford Fusion.  Not that I hate the fusion... it's certainly prettier than a taurus.

MX793

Quote from: mazda6er on September 24, 2006, 07:40:58 PM

Yeah, my parents bought the sedan and a couple months later the hatch came out and my father was like "wow, the hatch looks sharp, I wish it had been out when we bought the sedan because I think I like the hatch better".
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SVT666

Quote from: AnotherVictim on September 26, 2006, 08:10:45 AM
For me, its the front and rear sections, and their curvatures.? Headlight and tail light placements are slightly different of course.. but to me they look like they could be similar design cues.? To me, all of which are good things.

That Mondeo SHOULD be our Ford Fusion.? Not that I hate the fusion... it's certainly prettier than a taurus.
I don't see any Mazda in this at all.  I think it looks great.  Now that someone clarified for me that it is smaller then the Freestyle, I would still buy the Freestyle just because of size.  If they were the same or relatively close in size (with a third row) I would buy it in a heartbeat...especially if it has a stick.

Raza

Quote from: AnotherVictim on September 26, 2006, 08:10:45 AM
That Mondeo SHOULD be our Ford Fusion.  Not that I hate the fusion... it's certainly prettier than a taurus.

I JUST almost got hit by a Fusion.  Girl couldn't control her turning angle at low speed.

Looked good in red though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

AnotherVictim

Quote from: Raza on September 26, 2006, 04:36:50 PM
I JUST almost got hit by a Fusion.  Girl couldn't control her turning angle at low speed.

Looked good in red though.

The girl or the car?  :tounge: :lol: