Audi R8 Revealed

Started by Jawad, September 27, 2006, 05:24:03 PM

saxonyron

Agreed!  I really had reservations about that panel when I first saw it in the concept, but I think it looks real nice. And in black, it's extra slick.  I have to admit, I haven't lusted after a car this badly in years.   :mask:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Catman

Quote from: saxonyron on September 27, 2006, 06:17:42 PM
Agreed!  I really had reservations about that panel when I first saw it in the concept, but I think it looks real nice. And in black, it's extra slick.  I have to admit, I haven't lusted after a car this badly in years.   :mask:

Maybe we can go 50/50 and share it.  We can tell our wives that it belongs to the other guy.  When they ask why it's over our house we'll just say the other guy has money to burn and is very generous. ;)

saxonyron

Quote from: Catman on September 27, 2006, 06:19:45 PM
Maybe we can go 50/50 and share it. We can tell our wives that it belongs to the other guy. When they ask why it's over our house we'll just say the other guy has money to burn and is very generous. ;)

Now that's a great idea!  We can do an every other week deal....like a sports car time share.  I actually heard that people do that...... heh heh heh!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Catman

Quote from: saxonyron on September 27, 2006, 06:21:25 PM
Now that's a great idea!  We can do an every other week deal....like a sports car time share.  I actually heard that people do that...... heh heh heh!

I'll even put the MPA (MA Police Association) sticker in the window. :devil:

saxonyron

Quote from: Catman on September 27, 2006, 06:22:43 PM
I'll even put the MPA (MA Police Association) sticker in the window. :devil:

Now that would be an unfair advantage. :nono:  Sounds good to me! :devil:  I suspect we would need some added legal assistance if we had a ride like that.  I can barely keep the A4 at or near posted speeds.  This thing would get me behind bars in a matter of days!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Raza

You guys up for 33 and 1/3?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Fire It Up

Thats awesome. I want to see real pictures though. I bet it'd look even better.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Catman

Quote from: Fire It Up on September 27, 2006, 06:50:00 PM
Thats awesome. I want to see real pictures though. I bet it'd look even better.

Follow the link.

saxonyron

I just drooled all over my laptop at the Fourtitude link.  Holy crap - what a car!  This ceremony literally just happened in Paris today.  This really is hot off the press news!  Again, nice job Jawad!   :rockon: :rockon:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Catman

Ron, here's another if you want it.

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

omicron

Well, I'd rather a Gallardo.

saxonyron

Quote from: Catman on September 27, 2006, 07:13:36 PM
Ron, here's another if you want it.

Thanks!  I snagged it to my computer, but I like the current sig - the R8 looks extra badass with the dark background and bright light flooding the street after it. I think I'll have to do a collage of them for my desktop, temporarily deleting my smiling children who have graced the screen for long enough! :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

850CSi

I'm still getting used to the insect-looking front, but the rest of it is stunning.

Any word on pricing?

Raza

Quote from: 850CSi on September 28, 2006, 01:46:51 AM
I'm still getting used to the insect-looking front, but the rest of it is stunning.

Any word on pricing?

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

That said, probably a lot of money.

But the pictures are free.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

saxonyron

Quote from: 850CSi on September 28, 2006, 01:46:51 AM

Any word on pricing?

They're real tight-lipped about it, but I imagine it's gotta be in the $120 - $130 k range.  That would slot it right at the Porsche 911 Turbo range.  Maybe its semi-supercar status would boost it higher, but hell, a 911 Turbo is a semi-super car too.  Raza, maybe your 1/3 1/3 1/3 offer isn't so bad! :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Catman

Quote from: saxonyron on September 28, 2006, 06:18:40 AM
They're real tight-lipped about it, but I imagine it's gotta be in the $120 - $130 k range.  That would slot it right at the Porsche 911 Turbo range.  Maybe its semi-supercar status would boost it higher, but hell, a 911 Turbo is a semi-super car too.  Raza, maybe your 1/3 1/3 1/3 offer isn't so bad! :lol:

Can't stay away eh? :P

SJ_GTI

Man, this car is teh s3x. Exterior is fantastic, and the interior is pure Audi. I want this car!

Raza, if those guys don't want to share, you and can go halfsies on our own.  :lol:

PS. Catman, can I use this as my sig pic?

Catman

Quote from: SJ_GTI on September 28, 2006, 07:17:13 AM
Man, this car is teh s3x. Exterior is fantastic, and the interior is pure Audi. I want this car!

Raza, if those guys don't want to share, you and can go halfsies on our own.  :lol:

PS. Catman, can I use this as my sig pic?

Go ahead. :lol:

93JC

heelntoe

quick, call pommes-t. that car has hamburg plates(i think)
@heelntoe

Champ

I'll take one in red and one in yellow please.

cawimmer430

Honestly, I am not really attracted to it. Audi has some lovely cars in their lineup, but the new TT and this simply don't speak to me. Sorry Audi guys.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

saxonyron

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 28, 2006, 11:07:27 AM
Honestly, I am not really attracted to it. Audi has some lovely cars in their lineup, but the new TT and this simply don't speak to me. Sorry Audi guys.

That's inconceivable!! :confused:  :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

ChrisV

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 27, 2006, 05:35:29 PM
The R8?! Really? Haven't been seeing pics just like this for the past couple years or anything! Honestly...I'm bored of this car. They shoulda produced it a long time ago. It's boring now.

And y've seen exactrly how many on the road?

Seriously, this era of instant gratification has produced kiddies that are mentally incapable of waiting the time it takes to produce stuff, without becoming insulting of it.

Just because you have the attention span of a gnat is not the manufacturer's problem.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

sandertheshark

I'm not liking it.  It looks too much like someone else's Quattro...