This is one cool Touareg!

Started by BMWDave, May 29, 2005, 09:06:34 PM

Raza

QuoteI don't care about this JE DESIGN.

The best Touareg ever is the W12 Sport model, made in-house from VW Indicidual.

Now that is a real sport car with NICELY done body mods.  :rockon:

The vehicle is powered by a W12 6.0L engine tuned to 450HP with 0 - 60 time in mid-5 and maximum speed electronically limited to 250kph (155 MPH). The vehicle comes fitted with every possible factory option available for the Touareg.

Only 399 vehicles were produced at a price around 100K and sold mostly in Middle East with leftovers in the European continent.

I have seen 3 - 4 of them so far and checked one out on the VW showroom.
I'm going to pull Wimmer here, I'd rather have a V10 TDI.
why?
I like diesels.  They remind me of our old 300SD Turbodiesel, the first car I ever drove.  Besides, SUVs shouldn't be fast anyway.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

R33 GT-R

QuoteI don't care about this JE DESIGN.

The best Touareg ever is the W12 Sport model, made in-house from VW Indicidual.

Now that is a real sport car with NICELY done body mods.? :rockon:

The vehicle is powered by a W12 6.0L engine tuned to 450HP with 0 - 60 time in mid-5 and maximum speed electronically limited to 250kph (155 MPH). The vehicle comes fitted with every possible factory option available for the Touareg.

Only 399 vehicles were produced at a price around 100K and sold mostly in Middle East with leftovers in the European continent.

I have seen 3 - 4 of them so far and checked one out on the VW showroom.
I'm going to pull Wimmer here, I'd rather have a V10 TDI.
why?
I like diesels.  They remind me of our old 300SD Turbodiesel, the first car I ever drove.  Besides, SUVs shouldn't be fast anyway.
Diesel performance has really started to peak, it's a viable option with great gas mileage.

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

R33 GT-R

E320 CDI

With its peak torque of 369 pound-feet (horsepower is 201) available as low as 1,800 rpm, the sedan's turbocharged 3.2-liter inline six supplies spirited performance ? provided you've selected the proper mode for the five-speed automatic transmission. One has a choice of two modes for the tranny: "comfort" (which starts the car out in second gear and changes gears earlier, thus making for more gentle acceleration and better fuel economy) and "sport" (which starts the car out in first and holds each gear longer, making for more eager acceleration).

One of Edmunds.com's senior executives took the Benz for a spin and was disappointed as he thought the car was a little sluggish off the mark and around town. He didn't realize that the transmission was in the comfort mode, as the small round button with the "C/S" on it is easy to miss. Of course, most of the road test staff drove the car with the tranny in sport mode which gives the car a wholly different personality at the expense of ultimate fuel efficiency. The torrent of torque is quickly apparent as the CDI just leaps away from the lights, the jetlinerlike thrust preceded by a brief chirp as the rear tires and traction control system deal with the incredible low-end power. Acceleration times at the track confirmed our seat-of-the-pants impressions, with the oil-burning Benz hitting 60 mph in 7.3 seconds and running through the quarter-mile in just 15.5 ticks of the stopwatch.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

BMWDave

QuoteE320 CDI

With its peak torque of 369 pound-feet (horsepower is 201) available as low as 1,800 rpm, the sedan's turbocharged 3.2-liter inline six supplies spirited performance ? provided you've selected the proper mode for the five-speed automatic transmission. One has a choice of two modes for the tranny: "comfort" (which starts the car out in second gear and changes gears earlier, thus making for more gentle acceleration and better fuel economy) and "sport" (which starts the car out in first and holds each gear longer, making for more eager acceleration).

One of Edmunds.com's senior executives took the Benz for a spin and was disappointed as he thought the car was a little sluggish off the mark and around town. He didn't realize that the transmission was in the comfort mode, as the small round button with the "C/S" on it is easy to miss. Of course, most of the road test staff drove the car with the tranny in sport mode which gives the car a wholly different personality at the expense of ultimate fuel efficiency. The torrent of torque is quickly apparent as the CDI just leaps away from the lights, the jetlinerlike thrust preceded by a brief chirp as the rear tires and traction control system deal with the incredible low-end power. Acceleration times at the track confirmed our seat-of-the-pants impressions, with the oil-burning Benz hitting 60 mph in 7.3 seconds and running through the quarter-mile in just 15.5 ticks of the stopwatch.
You should look up the BMW 535d.  272 hp with sequential turbos, and tons of torque.   The turbos spool up sequentially, so that little if any lag is detected.  An amazing system.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

QuoteE320 CDI

You should look up the BMW 535d.  272 hp with sequential turbos, and tons of torque.   The turbos spool up sequentially, so that little if any lag is detected.  An amazing system.
even more torque than the M5. :praise:
anyway, the diesel is over a second faster than the gasoline versi0on!