***Ssangyong Actyon***

Started by cawimmer430, September 29, 2006, 06:49:16 AM

cawimmer430

Why is everything this company makes FUGLY:mask: :confused:

They might be good cars, but the styling is friggin terrible.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

BMWDave

Believe me, I'm sure theyre not good cars.  Those looks terrible as well.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

omicron

mazda6er

Indeed. Like an Aztek that wasn't loved as a child.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Maxxum

Eww.. Also from the utility point of view I don't know why they tilted the roof behind the C-pillar. Might as well have more storage space behind the seats and a flat roof to hauling stuff.
(\__/)     
(='.'=) << One day I will rule the world!         
(")_(")

Eye of the Tiger

HOly crap. I took one look at that front  end, and I just started laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's so bad, I almost like it. Almost.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cozmik

It actually I think could have some potential. If they squared off the back end like a traditional SUV and just cleaned up the front a little, it would look pretty good I think. The headlights just need to be the triangles, get rid of that dip, and the grille closed up a little. I think it would probably be a pretty handsome vehicle.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

nickdrinkwater

Haha.  That is terrible.  I saw one of their other models yesterday, don't know the model name.  But it was awful!

cawimmer430

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 29, 2006, 09:51:23 AM
Haha.  That is terrible.  I saw one of their other models yesterday, don't know the model name.  But it was awful!

Was it this thing?  :mask:

Ssangyong Rodius. Another FUGLY design.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

omicron

cawimmer430

Remember the Ssangyong Musso? I actually drove one of them with the 2.9-l 5-cylinder Mercedes turbodiesel engine and 129-hp. Loved the engine, the car sucked.  :thumbsup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

omicron

Oh yes! Someone in Ssangyong is one hell of a good negotiator to come to an agreement with M-B.

Speed_Racer

cawimmer430

Quote from: omicron on September 29, 2006, 11:23:28 AM
Oh yes! Someone in Ssangyong is one hell of a good negotiator to come to an agreement with M-B.

Even worse, MB gave them their engines.  :lol:

BTW, when I lived in the Philippines, a Korean company used some Mercedes-Benz diesel engines for their van. That was fine. But these guys also sold their POS van as a Mercedes-Benz when in reality, it was a Korean car that just had a Mercedes-Benz engine - and thanks to them, the badge. Needless to say these things sold like hotcakes among the rich but it always pissed me off because it was no Mercedes-Benz.

Even the design was ripped from Mercedes-Benz. Trust me, these two share nothing in terms of chassis etc.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

jadewolf123

If a abortion could take car form, the Actyon would be it.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

850CSi

You know, I've always wondered how people design ugly cars. Are they made ugly on purpose?

Some cars, like the Camry, are obviously the result of designers trying too hard. But how do you design a truly ugly car like this son of a whore?

Submariner

Well...at least their designs are...original
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Quote from: 850CSi on September 29, 2006, 01:55:50 PM
You know, I've always wondered how people design ugly cars. Are they made ugly on purpose?

Some cars, like the Camry, are obviously the result of designers trying too hard. But how do you design a truly ugly car like this son of a whore?

Fresh college graduates high on crack? :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

Damn, that's bad.  Square off the rear, fix the front, make the overhangs a bit longer...that's a better looking car.

pommes-t

Muahahhaaaaaaa. Never ever I'd buy such an ugly Korean piece of trash!

Catman

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

It would look pretty nice if it weren't so tall, like an Elantra hatchback or Reno.

Submariner

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 29, 2006, 11:13:09 AM
Was it this thing?  :mask:

Ssangyong Rodius. Another FUGLY design.

The interior isn't bad.  It's just not great.  But the exterior makes me want to cry.  What were they thinking.

And BTW, that shifter looks like it came straight out of a Benz.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on September 30, 2006, 07:12:55 AM
The interior isn't bad.  It's just not great.  But the exterior makes me want to cry.  What were they thinking.

This monstrosity is sadly POWERED BY MERCEDES-BENZ:mask:

The Rodius uses the old 3.2-l V6 (like in our E320) and a 2.7-l 5-cylinder common-rail turbodiesel engine from cars like the old C270 CDI and E270 CDI.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

Huhgh. The first and only time I've seen a Ssangyong in person (the Rodius) my mouth almost filled with vomit. I spent about five minutes in the parking lot studying just what made it look so ugly. I think the big issue with Ssangyong, and older Korean cars to a lesser extent, is that there is no thought going into choosing design elements that create a cohesive whole... just a whole lot of styling motifs ripped from various cars and thrown into one very nasty SUV.

This model looks like it'll kick your ass if you touch its side mirrors.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

mazda6er

Quote from: Submariner on September 30, 2006, 07:12:55 AM

More like straight out of a Caliber.

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

I don't see a similarity, but it's worth noting that the Rodius came out well before the Caliber.