550-hp Barbie Mercedes-Benz SLK

Started by cawimmer430, September 29, 2006, 01:07:35 PM

cawimmer430

Quote from: ChrisV on October 03, 2006, 01:04:50 PM

(For the record, it's not my opinion that your opinion is stupid. It's my opinion that it's misguided and presented rather poorly. While you may have aimed it at that Mercedes, you hit a slightly different target, or targets, as the case may be).

It was never my intention to insult "different targets" (I know what you mean), but this car in this color is simply horrible. I love the new SLK, I really do, so maybe I am just edgy that someone with more money than brains took a car like this, had it suped up by Kleeman and then had it colored pink. Aside from the exterior color, the interior color combination screams BARBIE or GIRLIE. IMHO, it's just horrible.  ;)
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ChrisV

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 03, 2006, 01:13:34 PM
It was never my intention to insult "different targets" (I know what you mean), but this car in this color is simply horrible. I love the new SLK, I really do, so maybe I am just edgy that someone with more money than brains took a car like this, had it suped up by Kleeman and then had it colored pink. Aside from the exterior color, the interior color combination screams BARBIE or GIRLIE. IMHO, it's just horrible.  ;)

It might be if it was YOU buying the car. But what if it's a Barbie fan or a girl who sinply likes that color? If it's her car, it's as much a subjective right as it would be for me to paint it blue or even a dark purple. And it is NOT an indication of mor emoney than brains. it's an indication of enough money to do what THEY want instead of having to settle for what someone ELSE wants. You're making the assertion that because YOU don't like it, THEY must be stupid. That's bullshit, and you're a better person than that (or at least, I thought so).

I have yet to figure out this obsession with hating on someone doing something they like to their own mass produced mechanical device.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

cawimmer430

Quote from: ChrisV on October 03, 2006, 01:21:50 PM
It might be if it was YOU buying the car. But what if it's a Barbie fan or a girl who sinply likes that color? If it's her car, it's as much a subjective right as it would be for me to paint it blue or even a dark purple. And it is NOT an indication of mor emoney than brains. it's an indication of enough money to do what THEY want instead of having to settle for what someone ELSE wants. You're making the assertion that because YOU don't like it, THEY must be stupid. That's bullshit, and you're a better person than that (or at least, I thought so).

I have yet to figure out this obsession with hating on someone doing something they like to their own mass produced mechanical device.

I don't like it, but I am not saying that the owner is stupid. Still, in most of these cases, someone who buys a car of this type and spends money on "ruining it" (my impression of the car) has more money than brains...ok, maybe replace brains with TASTE. They might like their creation, I don't.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

ChrisV

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 03, 2006, 01:30:13 PM
I don't like it, but I am not saying that the owner is stupid.

That's what the phrase "more money than brains" means, Christian.

QuoteStill, in most of these cases, someone who buys a car of this type and spends money on "ruining it" (my impression of the car) has more money than brains...ok, maybe replace brains with TASTE. They might like their creation, I don't.

That doens't mean they LACK taste, only that they have DIFFERENT taste. thats' the point. I don't like onions and asparagus. I'm not going to say that someone who likes those lacks taste. I don't like sushi, but I'm not going to say that someone that does like sushi lacks taste. They simply have different tastes.

Let me put it to you this way. I've spent years defending my V8 powered RX7 to rotards that think the car was "ruined" and that I removed it's soul. That I'm a redneck who has no taste. people have called for my death for simply reviving my dead car with a slightly different way of exploding dead dinosaurs. I'm definitely not a redneck. The car definitely didn't get ruined (it handled better afterwards, and was faster and more reliable for less money) and it doens't HAVE a "soul" to start with. So I see your arguments as being that same sort of closed minded, immature bullshit I've had to deal with for over a decade as a car enthusiast. And coming from the supposedly more knowledgeable car enthusiasts here, it's appallingly closed minded and hateful. And it's beneath you.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

VetteZ06

Quote from: Psilos on October 03, 2006, 01:43:28 AM
And Vette Z06... Don't you think that was a bit of a C/D remark there?

Please elaborate on what you consider to be a "C&D remark." I'm not sure whether to take this as an insult :( or a compliment :praise: .

QuoteHow surprising... Never would have guessed that you'd be the one sticking it to all the "homos".

You must not read many of my posts then.  :P

VetteZ06

Quote from: ChrisV on October 03, 2006, 09:10:47 AM
I disagree. I've had a number of them...

I'm glad you've had the opportunity to own some pink cars in your lifetime. Very happy for you.

It's still an awful color to put on a car.

QuoteIt may be your opinion, but it was stated as an assertion of fact . . .

Look it up. Purely factual. Nothing opinionated about it. :rolleyes:

AnotherVictim

:pullover: :pullover: WARNING :pullover: :pullover:

All joke posts are now to be carefully considered before offering them up. People's feelings are at stake! Please strictly evaluate your commentary before striking the "Post" button. In fact, be sure to hit "Preview" first.

Damn guys? What the hell has happened? This just seemed like a good natured ribbing kind of post. I don't take much of the sarcastic commentary or ribbing seriously. I doubt many do either. Can't we just have a little fun?

If you think this is bad, what about the countless Ricer posts? I've contributed to almost a dozen links to some what I consider pretty nasty ..er.. "upgrades". I'm sure the owners think they're beautiful. I do not. They amuse me. I'm allowed to laugh! Its no big deal!!

So Wimmer doesn't like a pink Mercedes. I can't blame him. I don't either. Neither do many others. If they did, I'm sure I'd see dozens of them on the way to work every morning. To my shock and dismay, I do not.  :P

jadewolf123

Dude ChrisV is ready to tear assholes open wherever ignorant assholes need to be openedup to the light.

Spread it on brother.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

AnotherVictim

Quote from: jadewolf123 on October 03, 2006, 05:24:52 PM
Dude ChrisV is ready to tear assholes open wherever ignorant assholes need to be openedup to the light.

Spread it on brother.

Sounds kinda like Judge Dredd  :lol:

saxonyron

I agree - let's lighten up! :cheers:? ChrisV, if you want to be the curmudgeon, that's great - everyone needs a little crabbiness.  But like all curmudgeons who are surrounded by youg uns, you're not going to get a whole lot of support.? (And I'm not quite a young un, turning 42 in a few weeks.? I figure I'm older than you! :lol: ) I welcome your curmudgeonness, but don't lace it with too much vitriol!?

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Rupert

Quote from: ChrisV on October 03, 2006, 01:53:20 PM

That doens't mean they LACK taste, only that they have DIFFERENT taste. thats' the point. I don't like onions and asparagus. I'm not going to say that someone who likes those lacks taste. I don't like sushi, but I'm not going to say that someone that does like sushi lacks taste. They simply have different tastes.

Dude, you don't like sushi? Fucking hick.

(...)

;)

I like the two Beetles and the Saab a lot. Esp the Saab...

Vette Z06,
Yeah, C/D remark means immature and not exactly a good example of well thought out. And *cough* just to make sure you got it... I was using yer words there...

OK, good.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

VetteZ06

Quote from: Psilos on October 03, 2006, 06:13:58 PM
Vette Z06,
Yeah, C/D remark means immature and not exactly a good example of well thought out.

Clever. What other comment "categories" have you come up with?

If only that label really applied to my comment, eh? You made your typical "grow up, I can't believe you guys are so close-minded and bigoted" comment, and it sounded just a bit like a broken record to me. Always playing the same tune, trying to edumucate the ill-informed "prejudiced people." It's what I would call a Psilos remark.

QuoteAnd *cough* just to make sure you got it... I was using yer words there...

I'll be . . . you were, weren't you? Gosh, I never picked up on that.

But *cough* just to make sure you get it . . . I was being completely facetious with that second comment in my post. . .

OK, good.

Rupert

Thought so. No one is that dense.

Well, it sounds like a Psilos comment is more a compliment than an insult, so, eh, thanks.

But, really, you're reading too much into what I actually said, and what I usually say. When I make a post about people being homophobes/sexist asshats/etc, it's because people won't realize what they're saying or implying if no one tells them.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

saxonyron

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Rupert

Sashimi!!!

I can eat pounds of that...

Raza

Quote from: Psilos on October 04, 2006, 01:25:16 AM
Sashimi!!!

I can eat pounds of that...

That's the problem!  It's so much more expensive than sushi, too.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: ChrisV on October 03, 2006, 01:53:20 PM
Let me put it to you this way. I've spent years defending my V8 powered RX7 to rotards that think the car was "ruined" and that I removed it's soul. That I'm a redneck who has no taste. people have called for my death for simply reviving my dead car with a slightly different way of exploding dead dinosaurs. I'm definitely not a redneck. The car definitely didn't get ruined (it handled better afterwards, and was faster and more reliable for less money) and it doens't HAVE a "soul" to start with. So I see your arguments as being that same sort of closed minded, immature bullshit I've had to deal with for over a decade as a car enthusiast. And coming from the supposedly more knowledgeable car enthusiasts here, it's appallingly closed minded and hateful. And it's beneath you.

That's a different thing. Shoehorning a V8 into an RX-7 is actually pretty cool, creative and takes technical know-how. I'm not going to bash a car based on a modification like this. I know that there are a bunch of guys out there who for example take a W123 Mercedes 240D and stuff a V8 under the hood, then go out and smoke some people. IMO, that's pretty neat.

But outrageous visual modifications like this unfortunate SLK is going a bit too far IMO. I don't think there are many people out there who would appreciate such a color on an SLK - even if it was super fast.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

Hm I was going to say Wimmer should buy it for Claudia's birthday.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Rupert

Quote from: Raza on October 04, 2006, 09:21:48 AM
That's the problem!  It's so much more expensive than sushi, too.

Hehe, not if you live near Vancouver, BC! All you can eat for $15 (including tip and gas to get there). (OK, they do have a limit for sashimi, but it's really high).

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Psilos on October 04, 2006, 09:29:25 PM
Hehe, not if you live near Vancouver, BC! All you can eat for $15 (including tip and gas to get there). (OK, they do have a limit for sashimi, but it's really high).

Yes but Vancouver also has Robert Pickton and the intersection of Main and Hastings;). I accidentally drove through that area on my way to Gastown on a Saturday night...and BOY was I freaked. I was in my mom's Allure CXL and it felt high-profile compared to the druggie Corsicas driving around there.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

cawimmer430

Quote from: touareg208 on October 04, 2006, 08:33:47 PM
Hm I was going to say Wimmer should buy it for Claudia's birthday.

Got 120,000 Euros I could borrow?  :devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Rupert

Quote from: touareg208 on October 04, 2006, 09:38:15 PM
Yes but Vancouver also has Robert Pickton and the intersection of Main and Hastings;). I accidentally drove through that area on my way to Gastown on a Saturday night...and BOY was I freaked. I was in my mom's Allure CXL and it felt high-profile compared to the druggie Corsicas driving around there.

Oh, yeah, and Gastown is the least sketchy neighborhood. ;) I actually really like Gastown. Much better than those fucking club lined main drags downtown.  But the sushi I've had that's good was all in Kits.

I almost got in a knife fight once on Rec Beach. Well, kinda...

LonghornTX

IMO, the pink paint scheme definately ruined that SLK  :nono:
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.