2006 Lexus SC
0 (0%)
2007 Jaquar XK
18 (47.4%)
2005 Cadillac XLR
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

JYODER240

If your not going to get a 911, i'd go for the XK.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

nickdrinkwater

That 650 looks nice in that colour.  I don't think there's a wrong decision here.

If you're buying new, wouldn't the 645 be a better investment though?

850CSi

If the 6er would be Auto, go for an XK.

rjm

You've narrowed it to the same two for me as well.  Unless I really disliked the driving dynamics of the Jag, or found it uncomfortable in some other aspect, it would be my first choice.  I like everything about the 6 except for the interior styling, it just leaves me cold.

Colonel Cadillac

If you are going for the automatic, what about the Mercedes SL? It is still a coupe when the top is up, and dynamically  superior to the CL in pretty much every way.

Car Zeus

I'm leaning towards the XK because it looks like an Aston Martin.

Good point CC about the SL.

AKL

I'd go for the XK, it's a beautiful car.

I just can't get over the 6er's interior and exterior. It is a great performing car though.
And, agree with the point on the SL.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

sandertheshark

Quote from: Car Zeus on October 12, 2006, 06:43:11 PM
I'm leaning towards the XK because it looks like an Aston Martin.
Soo... why not get an Aston Martin?

Oh right, I forgot.  You're not that rich.  Carry on.

BMWDave

Quote from: sandertheshark on October 12, 2006, 09:46:06 PM
Soo... why not get an Aston Martin?

Oh right, I forgot. You're not that rich. Carry on.

Hey, if hes going for a new XK, he could almost afford a V8 Vantage.  Almost. :lol: 

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

850CSi

Fuck everything else, get a used SL!

red_shift

XK. The all Aluminium body is too mouthwatering to pass on.
Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!

jadewolf123

911 FTW But since youre looking for a pimp car then go with the SL or XK.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

ChrisV

If I coulnd't afford an Aston, then there's nothing new that would do. Both the jag AND teh BMW will depreciate like stones. Luxury cars just do (as was mentioned in another thread, price out the last generation 7 series, the E 38s....). Of the two however, I'd choose teh Jag. I love how one generation of taurus trumps 4 decades of XK grille design in supposedly knowlegeable people's minds, but whatever...

I love big luxury coupes, especialy if they have any power. I't slike the muslcecar days, with sports car like handling, but with comfort and convenience. My personal pics in that category, however, are MUCH older:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SJ_GTI

I love the XK.

Like the XJ, its chassis is a rolling technological wonder, even if it is not appreciated by the masses.

There are three cars parked outside on a regular basis in this class. A prior gen XKR, a Bentley Continental GT, and MB SL500. The Jag is easily the most sexy, and I think the new bodystyle was a significant improvement. Modern, but still sleek and catlike.

I wish it came with a manual, but even with an automatic its still a car I would lust after.

Raza

850Ci...:wub:

Did they sell the 840Ci with a stick ever?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

850CSi

Quote from: Raza on October 13, 2006, 08:54:30 AM

850Ci...:wub:

Did they sell the 840Ci with a stick ever?

No, at least not on this side of the Pond.

The 850Ci was, however sold with either a 6MT or 4AT.

The CSi is really the only one worth considering a truly involving drive. The normal Ci's were more like the SL - very heavy boulevard cruisers.

Besides, your forgetting its a BMW.

In retrospect, the 6-Series is so similar to the 8-Series its somewhat surprising. The E31 was better looking, though.

1 BAD 7

My best friend has a Haman moded 645ci. I have pushed it quiet hard thru tight low speed corners to high speed 120mph kinks all the way to 149 mph on the straights and the car is quiet composed. I truly like the BMW 6 series and had a blast driving it. I also like how it looks. I would get the 650i.   

My second choice would be Jag.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

jadewolf123

Quote from: Kayani_1 on October 13, 2006, 10:19:23 AM
My best friend has a Haman moded 645ci. I have pushed it quiet hard thru tight low speed corners to high speed 120mph kinks all the way to 149 mph on the straights and the car is quiet composed. I truly like the BMW 6 series and had a blast driving it. I would get the 650i.   

My second choice would be Jag.
Go figure.

Raza

Quote from: 850CSi on October 13, 2006, 09:02:25 AM
No, at least not on this side of the Pond.

The 850Ci was, however sold with either a 6MT or 4AT.

The CSi is really the only one worth considering a truly involving drive. The normal Ci's were more like the SL - very heavy boulevard cruisers.

Besides, your forgetting its a BMW.

In retrospect, the 6-Series is so similar to the 8-Series its somewhat surprising. The E31 was better looking, though.

It's an older BMW.  I like pretty much everything but the new Bangle era Bimmers.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

1 BAD 7

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

gasoline

-----------------------------------

jadewolf123

sandertheshark

Raza

Since I love the original 6er, and no one's given it love, I should right now.

I'll be damned if that's not one of the best looking GTs ever.  So clean, so well proportioned, so elegant.  What the hell happened to the new one?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza on October 13, 2006, 06:14:40 PM
Since I love the original 6er, and no one's given it love, I should right now.

I'll be damned if that's not one of the best looking GTs ever.  So clean, so well proportioned, so elegant.  What the hell happened to the new one?

The original one definitely is a looker but so is the new one
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Danish

Quote from: jadewolf123 on October 13, 2006, 01:12:50 PM
Some leopards never change their spots is all I'm saying.

:praise:

ChrisV, that Jag coupe is gorgeous..... I'd grab it in a heartbest
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

Raza

Quote from: M_power on October 13, 2006, 06:45:13 PM
The original one definitely is a looker but so is the new one

It might be the best looking car in BMW's current lineup, but that's not saying much.  The car can be fat, but it looks fat too. 

Actually, the 5er looks a lot better.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i