0 (0%)
2007 Jaquar XK
18 (47.4%)
2005 Cadillac XLR
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

sandertheshark

Quote from: Raza on October 13, 2006, 07:22:49 PM
It might be the best looking car in BMW's current lineup, but that's not saying much.  The car can be fat, but it looks fat too. 

Actually, the 5er looks a lot better.
Nuh-uh. No way no how.  The 335i coupe is far and away the best-looking of the new Bimmers.

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on October 13, 2006, 07:27:04 PM
Nuh-uh. No way no how.  The 335i coupe is far and away the best-looking of the new Bimmers.

Oh right.  I forgot about that one.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Colonel Cadillac

I am in love with the 335i. I want one more than I have ever wanted any other car before.

Raza

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on October 13, 2006, 07:53:32 PM
I am in love with the 335i. I want one more than I have ever wanted any other car before.

Check your Yellow Pages for therapist listings.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

1st: Corvette Z06
2nd: 911
3rd: Cayman
4th: All the rest

Colonel Cadillac

I think it is you who needs the therapist, the 335i is incredible.

SaltyDog

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on October 13, 2006, 08:23:39 PM

The engine is one heck of a powerplant, but I'd much rather see it in a smaller body.  A 135i would be groovey.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

dazzleman

I'd go with the BMW or the Jag.

I've heard great things about the 6-series.  Whether you like the looks is a matter of personal taste.  I'm guessing it would be more reliable than the Jag, but I don't have the statistics.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on October 13, 2006, 08:23:39 PM

You want it more than you've ever wanted any other car.

I can't even begin to list the myriad of cars you're overlooking.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sandertheshark

Quote from: Raza on October 13, 2006, 08:47:11 PM

Ah, ya.  I'm probably actually gonna buy one but I can think of over a hundred differen cars that I'd rather have.  Although, none of them can be had for $42k and a warranty.

JYODER240

Quote from: SaltyDog on October 13, 2006, 08:31:42 PM
The engine is one heck of a powerplant, but I'd much rather see it in a smaller body.? A 135i would be groovey.

I've heard rumors of a 135i ;)
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

oilfilter

Quote from: ChrisV on October 13, 2006, 08:10:06 AM

Holy crap, that thing looks fucking awesome!? :rockon:

I've never seen one of these jag coupes before. What model is that? What year?

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

sportyaccordy

Quote from: M_power on October 14, 2006, 12:24:30 AM
Possibly a XJ-S from the 80s?

That Jag ChrisV showed is a photoshop. The real ones, while not dogly, were not as pretty or clean.

93JC

It's a '75-'77 XJ coupe, not an XJ-S.

ChrisV

Quote from: sportyaccordy on October 14, 2006, 10:03:49 AM
That Jag ChrisV showed is a photoshop. The real ones, while not dogly, were not as pretty or clean.

Not a photoshop. As 93JC said, it's a '75-77 XJ12 coupe. 3 years and only 6500 cars made, though the sedans were made from '71-87 and are extremely common. The Coupes were available with both the I6 and V12. That particular example is a '77 XJ12C with the V12, and had the later '80s style nose and taillights added by the owner to make it look like a series 3 coupe, which Jaguar never made (only the Serries 2 XJs were avaiable as coupes).

You can pick up the coupes for $5k to $10k in nice shape, depending on originality. More for modded ones.

Here's a '75 Series II coupe...

Stunning cars. I will own one.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza on October 13, 2006, 06:14:40 PM
Since I love the original 6er, and no one's given it love, I should right now.

Look a few posts above yours. I already posted a pic of an original. My favorite BMWs.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT_Power

They really are stunning looking. Never knew there was even such a car
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

850CSi

Quote from: sandertheshark on October 13, 2006, 07:27:04 PM

I agree.

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on October 14, 2006, 10:55:38 AM
Look a few posts above yours. I already posted a pic of an original. My favorite BMWs.

I was commenting on comments on your post.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

omicron

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: Raza on October 13, 2006, 08:47:11 PM

I'm working in a bit of practicality when I say this, the 335i in a couple years is relatively realistic. Obviously I would rather have an Elise or a 911, but I probably won't be able to get one for quite a while.

I guess I over-did it with my statement, but I still really want one.

sandertheshark

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on October 14, 2006, 03:32:42 PM
I'm working in a bit of practicality when I say this, the 335i in a couple years is relatively realistic. Obviously I would rather have an Elise or a 911, but I probably won't be able to get one for quite a while.

I guess I over-did it with my statement, but I still really want one.
me too.  I just drove one today.  It's absolutely brilliant.

Submariner

Quote from: ChrisV on October 14, 2006, 10:53:28 AM
Not a photoshop. As 93JC said, it's a '75-77 XJ12 coupe. 3 years and only 6500 cars made, though the sedans were made from '71-87 and are extremely common. The Coupes were available with both the I6 and V12. That particular example is a '77 XJ12C with the V12, and had the later '80s style nose and taillights added by the owner to make it look like a series 3 coupe, which Jaguar never made (only the Serries 2 XJs were avaiable as coupes).

You can pick up the coupes for $5k to $10k in nice shape, depending on originality. More for modded ones.

Here's a '75 Series II coupe...

Stunning cars. I will own one.

Ahhhh...ohhhhhhh...oooooooo...sweet jesus that car is beautiful.  Even better than the Sedan, Which I had a strong love for a few years back
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

1 BAD 7

Why do you get urges to force people to change. That is all Iam trying to saying too. :huh:

Quote from: jadewolf123 on October 13, 2006, 01:12:50 PM
Some leopards never change their spots is all I'm saying.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

jadewolf123

Quote from: Kayani_1 on October 16, 2006, 09:34:59 AM
Why do you get urges to force people to change that is all Iam saying too. :huh:

It goes without saying what your opinion is, so theres no need to state it. Unless your opinion is not in unwavering support of all things BMW. Then please enlighten us with your newfound sense of fairness.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

The Pirate

Quote from: jadewolf123 on October 16, 2006, 10:20:38 AM
It goes without saying what your opinion is, so theres no need to state it. Unless your opinion is not in unwavering support of all things BMW. Then please enlighten us with your newfound sense of fairness.

I see a Volvo in his sig picture.  Volvo is owned by Ford, maybe he likes them too!

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Danish

Quote from: The Pirate on October 16, 2006, 11:12:15 AM
I see a Volvo in his sig picture.  Volvo is owned by Ford, maybe he likes them too!

According to him the Volvo is long gone

Proof that things don't change: http://www.caranddriver.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=76281&pageNo=3&num=
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

Submariner

Quote from: jakemiller on October 16, 2006, 02:49:37 PM
I would go out and buy a reliable and comfortable car like the Infiniti G35. It will last longer, and be better than all of those crappy cars.

:rolleyes:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SJ_GTI

Quote from: jakemiller on October 16, 2006, 02:49:37 PM
I would go out and buy a reliable and comfortable car like the Infiniti G35. It will last longer, and be better than all of those crappy cars.

:lol:

I think too many people here know your alter ego.  :P