Spy Shots: 2007 Saturn Aura

Started by ifcar, May 30, 2005, 01:07:09 PM

mazda6er

In reference to the Sky, I agree completely with Raghavan. Despite the fact that it is a "low-volume" car, it will bring people into the showrooms, and it will lead to more sales of Saturn's other vehicles. Just because most of their other cars are bad doesn't mean people won't buy them, otherwise, no one would have bought Cavaliers, and we all know that many people have bought Cavaliers. The Sky will also do wonders to improve brand-image. Teens unfamiliar with Saturn (or cars in general) will see an Ion commercial, say "hey that's the brand with that cool convertible" and ask Mommy and Daddy for an Ion, thinking all their cars are cool. This is just an example (maybe a bit too specific) but as you all know people that don't know jack about cars, you'll realize this is not a stretch.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteIn reference to the Sky, I agree completely with Raghavan. Despite the fact that it is a "low-volume" car, it will bring people into the showrooms, and it will lead to more sales of Saturn's other vehicles. Just because most of their other cars are bad doesn't mean people won't buy them, otherwise, no one would have bought Cavaliers, and we all know that many people have bought Cavaliers. The Sky will also do wonders to improve brand-image. Teens unfamiliar with Saturn (or cars in general) will see an Ion commercial, say "hey that's the brand with that cool convertible" and ask Mommy and Daddy for an Ion, thinking all their cars are cool. This is just an example (maybe a bit too specific) but as you all know people that don't know jack about cars, you'll realize this is not a stretch.
The Cavalier sold so many units because it was priced very competitively.  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

QuoteIn reference to the Sky, I agree completely with Raghavan. Despite the fact that it is a "low-volume" car, it will bring people into the showrooms, and it will lead to more sales of Saturn's other vehicles. Just because most of their other cars are bad doesn't mean people won't buy them, otherwise, no one would have bought Cavaliers, and we all know that many people have bought Cavaliers. The Sky will also do wonders to improve brand-image. Teens unfamiliar with Saturn (or cars in general) will see an Ion commercial, say "hey that's the brand with that cool convertible" and ask Mommy and Daddy for an Ion, thinking all their cars are cool. This is just an example (maybe a bit too specific) but as you all know people that don't know jack about cars, you'll realize this is not a stretch.
The Cavalier sold so many units because it was priced very competitively.
I know that, which is why people will buy Saturns even if they are not "good" cars, because they are priced competitively as well.  Nowhere in my post do I suggest that the Cavalier sold well because it was anything other than cheap.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

right. they don't need to sell too many sky's. they just need those cars to get buyers into their showrooms.

ifcar

BMWDave

It looks like GM for sure get the overall shape of the vehicle. :)  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...