Should Honda bring the Odyssey JDM to America?

Started by BMWDave, May 30, 2005, 08:17:15 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

small picture of the front.  Its basically a very nice and sporty version of the Odyssey, and looks quite different from the Odyssey we know.

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

(JDM Odyssey, not Odyssey JDM) It may not sell well, so for money no, but I think its cool, so for me, yes.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

ifcar

Yes, if they market it as a crossover rather than as a minivan. Give it all-wheel-drive and put it up against the Freestyle and Pacifica.  

BMWDave

QuoteYes, if they market it as a crossover rather than as a minivan. Give it all-wheel-drive and put it up against the Freestyle and Pacifica.
They would have to watch the price...no one will buy it over the other two if it starts above 30K.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteYes, if they market it as a crossover rather than as a minivan. Give it all-wheel-drive and put it up against the Freestyle and Pacifica.
They would have to watch the price...no one will buy it over the other two if it starts above 30K.
An AWD Pilot starts at $27K, so put an FWD version of this around $25K and an AWD at $27K-$28K (similar to the Freestyle's sticker pricing).

BMWDave

An AWD Pilot starts at $27K, so put an FWD version of this around $25K and an AWD at $27K-$28K (similar to the Freestyle's sticker pricing).
But wouldnt the JDM be a lot more expensive than a regular Odyssey?  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Why would it?

BMWDave

Why would it?
Its a sportier and more upscale version.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Why would it?
Its a sportier and more upscale version.
No, it's just different. Japan wanted a model that was lighter and sportier, and the US wanted more room and a larger engine.

Raghavan

NO!

Raza

No.  They absolutely should not.  Fuck this rebadging shit.   Besides, the last thing we need is another minivan.  Maybe if they were thinking of a wagon I'd be more open to it, but I hate minivans.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

QuoteNo.  They absolutely should not.  Fuck this rebadging shit.   Besides, the last thing we need is another minivan.  Maybe if they were thinking of a wagon I'd be more open to it, but I hate minivans.
It's a mix between a minivan and wagon, like the first-gen Odyssey.

giant_mtb

I don't believe it would be necessary to bring that to America...

CaseyNPham

QuoteNo.  They absolutely should not.  Fuck this rebadging shit.   Besides, the last thing we need is another minivan.  Maybe if they were thinking of a wagon I'd be more open to it, but I hate minivans.
You sure seem very positive about this idea  :P

I think if they're gonna bring it over,  it should stay a Honda, but that may steal sales from the odyssey if they;re priced similarly (boo hoo, youst ill get the same money) but if you bring it as an Acura, people will think of Acura as a more mainsteam brand based on that fact alone. The fact that they have a MINIvan.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

BMWDave

QuoteNo.  They absolutely should not.  Fuck this rebadging shit.   Besides, the last thing we need is another minivan.  Maybe if they were thinking of a wagon I'd be more open to it, but I hate minivans.
You sure seem very positive about this idea  :P

I think if they're gonna bring it over,  it should stay a Honda, but that may steal sales from the odyssey if they;re priced similarly (boo hoo, youst ill get the same money) but if you bring it as an Acura, people will think of Acura as a more mainsteam brand based on that fact alone. The fact that they have a MINIvan.
Mercedes has an R Class now...do people think of it as less luxurious simply because of that?  I see no reason why the simple fact of having a minivan reduces a brands prestige.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

All I have to say..."who wants a sport van?"  :blink:  

BMWDave

QuoteAll I have to say..."who wants a sport van?"  :blink:
If you have kids and dont want to look like a fart then you would want a sports van.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

QuoteAll I have to say..."who wants a sport van?"  :blink:
If you have kids and dont want to look like a fart then you would want a sports van.
That's why you get sport SUV's.  :rolleyes:  :lol:  

BMWDave

QuoteAll I have to say..."who wants a sport van?"? :blink:
Sport SUVs cannot provide the same third row comfort and practicality that a Minivan can.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

QuoteAll I have to say..."who wants a sport van?"  :blink:
Sport SUVs cannot provide the same third row comfort and practicality that a Minivan can.
I know, I was being sarcastic. ^_^

BMWDave

QuoteAll I have to say..."who wants a sport van?"? :blink:
I know, I was being sarcastic. ^_^
All right B)  

2007 Honda S2000