New VW Jetta

Started by Catman, May 31, 2005, 06:15:14 AM

BMWDave

I full well understood it was a "joke", but there was a personal war between us for a little regarding stuff besides that particular post which set it off.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

QuoteI full well understood it was a "joke", but there was a personal war between us for a little regarding stuff besides that particular post which set it off.
there was?
o right, like my whoring.

BMWDave

QuoteI full well understood it was a "joke", but there was a personal war between us for a little regarding stuff besides that particular post which set it off.
there was?
Now you got it.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

there was?
Now you got it.
well, that was unneccessary. :angry:  

BMWDave

there was?
Now you got it.
Take it easy, it was a joke ;)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

there was?
Now you got it.
i was joking, as evidenced by my 'frowny'. :lol:  

BMWDave

there was?
Now you got it.
I see :blink:  :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

there was?
Now you got it.
I see :blink:  :lol:
:P  :P  

socalcookie

I'm starting to see a few of them around.  The local dealer has about 15 on the lot.  That's just a guess as seen from the freeway.  
I acutally saw one on the shoulder of the freeway with a flat about the week after they first came to dealers. :P

The only thing really keeping me from liking the car is the price(:blink: ).

Raghavan

for the price of a 200hp GLI, you could get a saab 9-3 or acura TSX, and others, cars with much better prestige than the vw.

SJ_GTI

Quotefor the price of a 200hp GLI, you could get a saab 9-3 or acura TSX, and others, cars with much better prestige than the vw.
I haven't seen pricing on the GLI yet, but assuming its a couple k more than the GLS, I am guessing that you could indeed probably swing a TSX for the same money/feature content.

However, if you got a 9-3 it would not match the feature content of the GLI, nor would it have the high output engine.

Now the GLI vs TSX is a good comparison. Its not like the TSX is built from better materials, nor does it offer a better drivetrain. Unless you consider Acura to be a much better brand as far as prestige I think the two cars will make good competitors.

Raghavan

Quotefor the price of a 200hp GLI, you could get a saab 9-3 or acura TSX, and others, cars with much better prestige than the vw.
I haven't seen pricing on the GLI yet, but assuming its a couple k more than the GLS, I am guessing that you could indeed probably swing a TSX for the same money/feature content.

However, if you got a 9-3 it would not match the feature content of the GLI, nor would it have the high output engine.

Now the GLI vs TSX is a good comparison. Its not like the TSX is built from better materials, nor does it offer a better drivetrain. Unless you consider Acura to be a much better brand as far as prestige I think the two cars will make good competitors.
probably more reliable than the VW.

MX793

I've seen a couple in person and they do look a little better in the flesh than in photos.  They also look a bit less Corolla-ish in person.  I still think the outgoing car is much better looking, though.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

BMWDave

That pretty much goes without saying.  But the VW might be a more solid car.  I drove a TSX, and I felt vibrations in the car, which did not feel too good.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

That pretty much goes without saying.  But the VW might be a more solid car.  I drove a TSX, and I felt vibrations in the car, which did not feel too good.
vibrations as in road feedback?

BMWDave

No.  The whole car felt like it was vibrating slightly, somehow akin to what you'd feel in a school bus, I guess, just not that bad.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

No.  The whole car felt like it was vibrating slightly, somehow akin to what you'd feel in a school bus, I guess, just not that bad.
That's not cool. So the road wasn't choppy? Where you attempting to drive a manual for the first time or something? Was this off of a lot (as in brand-new)? Because sometimes cars will be a little rough until you break them in. How was the rest of the driving experience, especially handling?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

That's not cool. So the road wasn't choppy? Where you attempting to drive a manual for the first time or something? Was this off of a lot (as in brand-new)? Because sometimes cars will be a little rough until you break them in. How was the rest of the driving experience, especially handling?
Automatic TSX with about 5K miles on it.  

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

I didnt get to wring it out, and handling was fine, the car had a lot of oomph that suprised me coming from a 4 cylinder, and there was some torque steer.  It was on a little choppy road, but not with a lot of potholes.  It was a slight vibration, and dont think the whole car was vibrating.  When I saw vibration I mean the car wasnt perfectly at rest...you always you could feel a little humming vibration throughout the car.

2007 Honda S2000

Run Away

IT'S ALIVE!!!!  :o  

BMWDave

QuoteIT'S ALIVE!!!!  :o
:lol:

Not quite.

2007 Honda S2000