***Let's rice out a minivan...***

Started by cawimmer430, October 21, 2006, 12:27:47 PM

cawimmer430

VW Caravelle - lightly riced, very lightly riced.  :lol:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

Eye of the Tiger

I guess I'll never understand how that is "riced out".

To meet that classification, I would need at least to see a double decker aluminium wing on the roof and/or a some Typer R stickers and the like.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Ok, the front end is rather hideous.

I'm noticing a trend with these Euro so-called "ricers" that I've never seen in the US.... that is they use wheels that appear to be a bit too wide for the tires. I imagine the steering response is great, but I bet it is common for the beads to break.

Eye of the Tiger

Oh wait, I know... is that because there are restrictions on the diameter? So because they can't go big one way, they can't just leave it alone, they have to make something bigger... eh?

cawimmer430

Small low profile tires are a trend overhere. Also, removing the cars badge is also in.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 21, 2006, 12:53:40 PM
Small low profile tires are a trend overhere. Also, removing the cars badge is also in.

It makes more sense than the huge diamter low profile tires that are in here.

cawimmer430

Quote from: NACar on October 21, 2006, 01:01:38 PM
It makes more sense than the huge diamter low profile tires that are in here.

How do people steer in those things?
  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 21, 2006, 01:03:08 PM

How do people steer in those things?
? :lol:

Since the front tires can no longer turn because they're too big, they usually throw a boat-anchor out one side of the car and drag their feet. If they're lucky, they can get the anchor hooked onto a nearly building or a passing car before they miss their turn. Then they have to cut the anchor line at just the right moment in order to be relased at the desired angle.
It's actally impossible to find anchors at the store anymore, they're in such short supply. People have been improvising though. Some have resorted to putting their old wheels back on the car, and using their huge aftermarket rims as anchors. It usually takes them a few days to realize the anchors are no longer necessary.
:nutty:

cawimmer430

Quote from: NACar on October 21, 2006, 01:13:59 PM
Since the front tires can no longer turn because they're too big, they usually throw a boat-anchor out one side of the car and drag their feet. If they're lucky, they can get the anchor hooked onto a nearly building or a passing car before they miss their turn. Then they have to cut the anchor line at just the right moment in order to be relased at the desired angle.
It's actally impossible to find anchors at the store anymore, they're in such short supply. People have been improvising though. Some have resorted to putting their old wheels back on the car, and using their huge aftermarket rims as anchors. It usually takes them a few days to realize the anchors are no longer necessary.
:nutty:

:lol:

Times like these, they must wish they were Spiderman. Much easier steering in such conditions by shooting out webs... :P

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Fire It Up

Weirdly, the only cars visible in the first pic are VW's.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ifcar

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ifcar on October 21, 2006, 04:27:59 PM
Look on the right side of the pic.
oooo, what is that little black sports car lookin thing?

cawimmer430

Quote from: NACar on October 21, 2006, 04:47:17 PM
oooo, what is that little black sports car lookin thing?

Opel Speedster.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Catman

TheIntrepid

Loving it

the Opel Speedster of course.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: touareg208 on October 22, 2006, 07:55:04 AM
Loving it

the Opel Speedster of course.
Didn't they rip it off for the "Saturn Sky?"

The first time I saw a Speester upclose was in a US Army issued H1 up in central Germany, where there hasn't been any US Army presence for a long time.  He pulled up next to us, and was ogling our beast, while we were ogling his sweet sweet ride.   :ohyeah:

--On that trip we stopped at a McDonald's and since we had weapons with us we had to eat in the car. People kept driving off the street and through the parking lot just to look at our ride..
Will

AutobahnSHO

PS-
My "OEM pimped" white van came with the spoiler, foglights, and rimz-

My wife mentioned the other day she likes the Altezza lights.  :confused:
I look at prices/parts on ebay once in a while and sometimes the biggest find for "dodge caravan" seems to be stuff like this-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97-98-99-00-DODGE-CARAVAN-ALTEZZA-TAIL-LIGHTS-LAMPS_W0QQitemZ160041188599QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33716QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I think it'd be funny just to make fun of ricers.

Anyone ever see these installed?
Thoughts?

Will

Autobahn

Yes the Voyager will look great with these  :rolleyes: You need some spoilerZ to keep the car on the road, because they will generate so much power  :lol:

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Autobahn on October 22, 2006, 10:23:12 AM
Yes the Voyager will look great with these? :rolleyes: You need some spoilerZ to keep the car on the road, because they will generate so much power? :lol:
No, they'd go on the WHITE van, which already has a sPOiler and RimZ.  :lol:
Will

Submariner

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 22, 2006, 03:19:11 PM

Don't lie  :rolleyes:.  We all know you're an in the closet ricer and want those tail lights for yourself.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Autobahn

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 22, 2006, 03:19:11 PM

Oh, then everything is cool! with tha R1MZ u m16ht al50 c0n51d3r 50m3 1337 5t1ck3rZ!

Submariner

Quote from: Autobahn on October 23, 2006, 12:51:50 AM
Oh, then everything is cool! with tha R1MZ u m16ht al50 c0n51d3r 50m3 1337 5t1ck3rZ!

oNly tRu 1337 Ma5t4 h4xZ0r5 c4n uS3 5t1Ck4z
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Submariner on October 23, 2006, 04:41:29 AM
oNly tRu 1337 Ma5t4 h4xZ0r5 c4n uS3 5t1Ck4z
:huh:
I can make out most of this but the 1337 and h4xZ0r5 ??
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 22, 2006, 09:33:59 AM

The first time I saw a Speester upclose was in a US Army issued H1 up in central Germany, where there hasn't been any US Army presence for a long time.  He pulled up next to us, and was ogling our beast, while we were ogling his sweet sweet ride.   :ohyeah:

--On that trip we stopped at a McDonald's and since we had weapons with us we had to eat in the car. People kept driving off the street and through the parking lot just to look at our ride..

Should have used those to get some free burgers.  :devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Autobahn

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 23, 2006, 05:32:52 AM
:huh:
I can make out most of this but the 1337 and h4xZ0r5 ??

leet (elite) haxxors (hackers)

Raza

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 22, 2006, 09:33:59 AM

The Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX220 is based on the Lotus Elise mechanicals.  The Sky and Solstice run on the same platform as the replacement to the Opel Speedster, the new Opel GT, which will run the Red Line/GXP turbo version as the base engine.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.