Trying To find First Car, Have Some options

Started by Maksx, October 21, 2006, 08:10:42 PM

850CSi

Quote from: touareg208 on October 23, 2006, 02:54:48 PM
The S40 or the Jetta GLi should be on the top of your list Maksx. I retract my previous statement, as you can do much better than a shitty-ass Mazda3, ignoring our Spin Mazda Troll, gasoline ;)

Since when is a Mazda 3 shitty? I'd venture to say it's easily the best car in its class, especially from an enthusiast's point of view.

The Pirate

Quote from: 850CSi on October 24, 2006, 12:18:35 PM
Since when is a Mazda 3 shitty? I'd venture to say it's easily the best car in its class, especially from an enthusiast's point of view.

He's Canadian, he doesn't know any better.

:devil:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 850CSi on October 24, 2006, 12:18:35 PM

Well it's not shitty PER SE, but in his budget of mid-to-high $20Ks, he can do MUCH better. My family friend has a cognac Mazda3 GS sedan and a mutual friend of mine and Maksx's has a fully loaded white 3 hatch, and neither is particularly satisfying. The Civic EX is a much better option IMHO, as is an S40.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

93JC

Quote from: touareg208 on October 24, 2006, 12:46:02 PM
Well it's not shitty PER SE, but in his budget of mid-to-high $20Ks, he can do MUCH better. My family friend has a cognac Mazda3 GS sedan and a mutual friend of mine and Maksx's has a fully loaded white 3 hatch, and neither is particularly satisfying. The Civic EX is a much better option IMHO, as is an S40.
:nutty:

ifcar

For touareg, older design = bad and less expensive = bad, without question.

Raza

Quote from: ifcar on October 24, 2006, 04:20:18 PM
For touareg, older design = bad and less expensive = bad, without question.

Ah, now he makes sense.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Maksx on October 23, 2006, 06:24:15 PM
Well heres the thing....i asked my mom if she wanted to learn....

shes just like "why would i want to learn, i know how to drive automatic, i dont want to elarn anything else"...i was like  :confused:

That's a pretty good answer actually :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

TheIntrepid

Convincing a brown mom about something car-related is like trying to convince Osama Bin Laden that Americans are good people.

mazda6er

Neither is very satisfying? Did you expect them to come with a hooker and a soft drink?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

850CSi

You do know that the Civic is more expensive and less involving and that the S40 is basically identical under the skin but also significantly more expensive, right?

850CSi

Quote from: mazda6er on October 24, 2006, 08:01:19 PM
Neither is very satisfying? Did you expect them to come with a hooker and a soft drink?

Hookah. I have friends that bring a hookah in minivans and put it in the center area between drivers and passengers, smoke it whenever they want. Now that is satisfying.

Maksx

Quote from: touareg208 on October 24, 2006, 06:16:44 PM
Convincing a brown mom about something car-related is like trying to convince Osama Bin Laden that Americans are good people.

says the man trading in the toureg for a Q7 :mask:

Raza

Quote from: Maksx on October 24, 2006, 09:47:02 PM
says the man trading in the toureg for a Q7 :mask:

His parents are trading the Touareg for a Q7?  What a horrible move.

He ought to get a Camry V6 SE.  On road king, with offroad capabilities enough to worry the most hardcore sport utility vehicles. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

Quote from: Raza on October 25, 2006, 09:00:22 AM
His parents are trading the Touareg for a Q7?  What a horrible move.

He ought to get a Camry V6 SE.  On road king, with offroad capabilities enough to worry the most hardcore sport utility vehicles. 
Faggot. Everyone knows that's the XLE.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

jadewolf123

Quote from: mazda6er on October 25, 2006, 09:31:28 AM
Faggot. Everyone knows that's the XLE.
Dude what are you talking about. The Intrepid is not only a super saloon good enough to dust a 911. I hear it also gives great blowjobs and makes you money.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

mazda6er

Quote from: jadewolf123 on October 25, 2006, 10:15:40 AM
Dude what are you talking about. The Intrepid is not only a super saloon good enough to dust a 911. I hear it also gives great blowjobs and makes you money.
Right you are, Bob. Well I think it's time to trade in the 6, then.
--Mark

TheIntrepid

LOL...you guys can make fun of me all you want :devil:... I'm only 17 and got the Intrepid dirt cheap. I know it's nowhere near cool but it gets me to where I want to be and looks half decent. Also, with 267hp, it's not exactly slow.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza on October 25, 2006, 09:00:22 AM
His parents are trading the Touareg for a Q7? What a horrible move.

He ought to get a Camry V6 SE. On road king, with offroad capabilities enough to worry the most hardcore sport utility vehicles.

No we're considering a bunch of SUVs to replace the Touareg. Current list is GL450, Touareg V8, Q7 4.2... but in the end we'll probably just stick with the TDI until 2008 or so.

Maksx

Quote from: touareg208 on October 25, 2006, 04:57:47 PM
LOL...you guys can make fun of me all you want :devil:... I'm only 17 and got the Intrepid dirt cheap. I know it's nowhere near cool but it gets me to where I want to be and looks half decent. Also, with 267hp, it's not exactly slow.

Dude enough about the fricking 267hp...u bring that up all the time...its a weight to horsepower ratio, and the intrepid is quite a heavy car..also factor the fact that cars have an abilityt to lose hp over time, not that that might have happened yet per se but still

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

93JC

:wtf:

"Cop engine" my eye. There is no special "cop engine" in the Intrepid. I can only surmise he put a cold-air intake on his car and extracted 267 out of his rectum.

SVT_Power

Okay my mistake in the choice of words. I believe to be exact its a SXT trim level (advertised as H-O I think?)engine which is identical to what the cops used.

93JC

The HO engine had, depending on year, 242 or 250 hp. SXTs came with the 250 hp version beginning in 2003.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

Quote from: 93JC on October 25, 2006, 09:53:05 PM
The HO engine had, depending on year, 242 or 250 hp. SXTs came with the 250 hp version beginning in 2003.

Then I guess there must be some kind of mod :huh:

93JC

Exactly. And 267 hp was...anyone? Anyone? Pulled out of an anatomical feature. Anyone?

Pulled out of his ass.

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

93JC

Canadian math? I thought you guys called it "advanced-way-the-fuck-beyond-our-comprehension" math.