The Car Trivia Game

Started by ifcar, November 01, 2006, 06:31:26 PM

Raghavan

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza on November 04, 2006, 01:04:08 PM
It is the Bugatti EB100.

The GT came along later, and further raised the bar.  The Mclaren came about in 1994, I believe, and then took the title of fastest production car until Bugatti reclaimed it with their current monstrosity.

Don't forget Koenigsegg's very brief title of the world's fastest production car
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quote from: M_power on November 04, 2006, 10:20:03 PM
Don't forget Koenigsegg's very brief title of the world's fastest production car

It could get it back soon, with the CCX.  No one's verified it though.  Theoretically, it's faster than the Veyron.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza on November 04, 2006, 10:30:09 PM
It could get it back soon, with the CCX.  No one's verified it though.  Theoretically, it's faster than the Veyron.

How about the Saleen S7 competition package or whatever it was called? I think there was a thread on it not too long ago

heelntoe

@heelntoe

ifcar

Raghavan

I can't think of anything right now, and i'd rather guess.
Anyone else want to do it, go ahead.

saxonyron

Quote from: ifcar on November 04, 2006, 02:31:34 PM
Subaru is correct, but I'm looking for the slogan that came immidiately after "inexpensive".

Damn, I thought it was "Subaru - It Isn't Just for Lesbians Anymore."  :devil:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Raza

Who made the turbocharger on the BMW 2002 Turbo, and what was the biggest problem with it?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza on November 05, 2006, 10:53:16 PM
Who made the turbocharger on the BMW 2002 Turbo, and what was the biggest problem with it?

The turbocharger was made by GARRET I assume.

Not familiar with the problems though. Heavy lag? Reliability?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

heelntoe

@heelntoe

Raghavan

93JC

Pretty sure the turbocharger was manufactured by KKK...

sandertheshark

It was KKK.  And I'm not sure about any reliability issues, but it did have a huge problem with turbo lag.

Raza

KKK was the manufacturer, but I'll give on the problem.  Overheating; after high speed runs, cars parked on grass would turn into towering infernos. 

Mark got it first, technically.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

Mark, post something new.

93JC

Hokay Manuel.

Name the car that featured the first factory turbocharged gasoline-powered V8.

sandertheshark

Oldsmobile F-85, featuring the Turbo Jetfire 215

93JC

:ohyeah:

I've asked it before and stumped a few people. A lot of people think of later cars like Bristols and the Turbo Trans Am.

"First gasoline-powered V8" usually trips people up: all they really need to think about is the first turbocharged gasoline-powered car, but they usually end up thinking too hard.

sandertheshark

Quote from: 93JC on November 07, 2006, 06:25:56 PM
:ohyeah:
:praise:

Lets try another multi-parter.

GM introduced four new brands/makes during the late '20s.  a) What were they, b) what where their host brands that they spun-off from, c) which one lasted the longest, d) which one was the shortest-lived, and e) which one was the lowest-selling?

I'll give it to anyone who gets three right.

93JC

Oh fuck.

a) LaSalle, uh... Pontiac... I can't remember... starts with an M.... Marquette? something like that?

b) Oakland -> Pontiac
Cadillac -> LaSalle
Buick - > Marquette

c) Pontiac!

d) Probably the one I forgot. The Oldsmobile one.

e) LaSalle?

sandertheshark

Getting close.  Keep working on the Oldsmobile one.  You got C right, anyway.

93JC

No clue. I just googled it because it was pissing off: I never would have gotten it.

Got c), though: booya! :praise: :lol:

sandertheshark

no one else is gonna take a stab at this?

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

sandertheshark

93JC

Chevrolet was originally a separate company which later bought out General Motors (which, at the time, consisted of Cadillac, Buick and Oldsmobile).

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

sandertheshark

ifcar, you wanna add a rule for cases where people are completely stumped or some jackass comes up with a poser that's way too hard?